Franchise quarterback

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
4 POINTS you should of had missed.

That said, the two picks were on Fields.

1st pick was a curl route on a curl and the throw was late. One of the issues we talk about with Fields was he holds the ball too long. For that route that is the case. Fields maybe he can't see the man with the linemen, hard to say but that was a timing throw with no timing on the throw.

2nd pic, wrong player. Jones Jr was wide open and I feel he was trying to make more happen. Even though the game was likely over, you could check it down and let him run out of bounds.

Funny, the commentator who literally played in the NFL and had a birds eye view of the play said the first interception was on the receiver. Intelligent fans with working eyeballs saw the same thing.

Why would he waste time on a check down with roughly 30 seconds left and he had to go for it all?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
All your messageboard genius takes mean Jack Shit!

Fields choked and couldn't win it. That's a fact.

Look yourself in the mirror and say it 3 times if you have to.
Please go 'fix' yourself in front of a moving bus, thanks.
- signed everyone

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This is why I was so frustrated with that 5 game stretch where he was doing everything with his legs, It was a waste of 5 games of development. The only thing that mattered this year was the development of fields. The 2 INT at the end sucked but I actually liked this game from fields because he was working on throwing more, he was buying time with his legs looking for an open WR rather then just taking off running.

Yes the INTs killed us from winning but so what, this is the time to make those mistakes and see if he can learn from them, too bad he wasnt doing the same thing several games back.. He needs to figure out what open is in the NFL and the only way he is going to do that is by having games like this.. Take you're lumps now so you're better next year..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He is still learning. He has progressed significantly with his reads, field vision and pocket presence.

Nobody expects a finished product at this point. An improving product is good for now.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
@zabavka might have the worst case of cognitive dissonance that I've ever seen when he goes back and forth blaming the quarterback and then insisting it's all scripted.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
This is why I was so frustrated with that 5 game stretch where he was doing everything with his legs, It was a waste of 5 games of development. The only thing that mattered this year was the development of fields. The 2 INT at the end sucked but I actually liked this game from fields because he was working on throwing more, he was buying time with his legs looking for an open WR rather then just taking off running.

Yes the INTs killed us from winning but so what, this is the time to make those mistakes and see if he can learn from them, too bad he wasnt doing the same thing several games back.. He needs to figure out what open is in the NFL and the only way he is going to do that is by having games like this.. Take you're lumps now so you're better next year..
I'm sorry he only completed 80% of his passes with XFL receivers.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Did not expect this from you.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
4 POINTS you should of had missed.

That said, the two picks were on Fields.

1st pick was a curl route on a curl and the throw was late. One of the issues we talk about with Fields was he holds the ball too long. For that route that is the case. Fields maybe he can't see the man with the linemen, hard to say but that was a timing throw with no timing on the throw.

2nd pic, wrong player. Jones Jr was wide open and I feel he was trying to make more happen. Even though the game was likely over, you could check it down and let him run out of bounds.

It wasn't late. St. Brown ran a terrible route. That throw was to a spot, St. Brown went lateral, he is clear supposed to drive back to the ball.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny, the commentator who literally played in the NFL and had a birds eye view of the play said the first interception was on the receiver. Intelligent fans with working eyeballs saw the same thing.

Why would he waste time on a check down with roughly 30 seconds left and he had to go for it all?
It's a curl route, on a curl route you need to TIME the throw as he is curling. He was shielded off if the timing is right. You throw it late, which he did. a great corner with great speed can bite the route.

I'm a fields supporter, but that is a timing issue.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It's a curl route, on a curl route you need to TIME the throw as he is curling. He was shielded off if the timing is right. You throw it late, which he did. a great corner with great speed can bite the route.

Incorrect. On a deep curl, you run back to the ball especially with tight coverage. That was an example of NFL open and Fields needed to throw it to a spot. The corner sprinted to the ball while the receiver moved laterally.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry he only completed 80% of his passes with XFL receivers.
this doesn't make any sense with what I posted.. You know I wasnt bashing him so there is no reason to jump into the "its everybody elses fault" reply

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Disagree. Watch the replay. St. Brown stops his route then kind of jogs to the middle of the field. If he runs the route like he's supposed to that's at worst an incompletion. I have no problem criticizing Fields. That one is on the receiver.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luke Getsy is part the problem. He has to call more passes during the game. He calls these babysitting plays on 3rd down all game. Then at the end of the fourth quarter he is forced to call a bunch of passing plays. The offense hasn’t had enough reps passing to develop a rhythm.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It wasn't late. St. Brown ran a terrible route. That throw was to a spot, St. Brown went lateral, he is clear supposed to drive back to the ball.

ESB could have run the route better. But Jaire Alexander read that play from the start. It was a risky throw any way the fans (or commenters) try to spin it. A bad play can be the responsibility of more than one player.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The first one was bad the second one he was just trying to make something happen the game was pretty over

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Incorrect. On a deep curl, you run back to the ball especially with tight coverage. That was an example of NFL open and Fields needed to throw it to a spot. The corner sprinted to the ball while the receiver moved laterally.
Nah, if you watch that play, Alexander started to make a break on the ball even before Brown got to the top of his route. Reason-being is that he had eyes on the quarterback and could see when Fields delivered it, which is why it's the wrong decision to throw the ball to that receiver in the first place.

People can talk about all they want about the route, but that ball never should have been thrown in the first place. You only make those throws when DB's have their backs to the throw, otherwise most NFL caliber DB's are going to intercept that pass 9/10 times when they see it coming.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Nah, if you watch that play, Alexander started to make a break on the ball even before Brown got to the top of his route. Reason-being is that he had eyes on the quarterback and could see when Fields delivered it, which is why it's the wrong decision to throw the ball to that receiver in the first place.

People can talk about all they want about the route, but that ball never should have been thrown in the first place. You only make those throws when DB's have their backs to the throw, otherwise most NFL caliber DB's are going to intercept that pass 9/10 times when they see it coming.

Incorrect.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
All your messageboard genius takes mean Jack Shit!

Fields choked and couldn't win it. That's a fact.

Exactly like your idiot takes. They don't mean jack shit either.
maroon