Frank Reich the new Panthers HC

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Carson Wentz was hardly terrible in Indianapolis. People here are already preparing Justin Fields bust in Canton and he didn't throw the ball half as well as Wentz did in Indianapolis.

Frank Reich and Chris Ballard could easily have kept Wentz another year, but they didn't. Clearly it was the right decision to move on, even if Matt Ryan wasn't the right player to replace him with.
Tell me you only look at box scores without telling me you only look at box scores

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cause it's all rigged and scripted, stop being so naive.

You realize the machines have already taken over and this is just a simulation? You are just part of the simulations conspiracy theory programming.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Tell me you only look at box scores without telling me you only look at box scores
Buddy, if you think Carson Wentz in Indy was a worse passer than Justin Fields has been in Chicago you are living in a true state of denial.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Buddy, if you think Carson Wentz in Indy was a worse passer than Justin Fields has been in Chicago you are living in a true state of denial.

What does Justin Fields have to do with this? Is there some sort of bench mark that I don’t know about? What exactly are you arguing?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Surprised he got another head coaching job so quickly. Went from a mess in Indy QB wise to a mess in Carolina QB wise. Have fun.
I wonder if he would take that job unless they convinced him they'd be making a play for the pick necessary to get a QB. They have draft capital but are probably too low for the Bears to be interested.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What does Justin Fields have to do with this? Is there some sort of bench mark that I don’t know about? What exactly are you arguing?
The point I'm making is that to vast majority of posters here Justin Field's ascent to superstardom should never be in doubt, yet Carson Wentz had a mostly average-to-above-average season (vastly better than Justin Fields) in Indianapolis and posters are saying it was a complete disaster. If Carson Wentz was such a trainwreck then what does that make Fields?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The point I'm making is that to vast majority of posters here Justin Field's ascent to superstardom should never be in doubt, yet Carson Wentz had a mostly average-to-above-average season (vastly better than Justin Fields) in Indianapolis and posters are saying it was a complete disaster. If Carson Wentz was such a trainwreck then what does that make Fields?
You do realize there are many metrics to gauge a QB right? Like QBR, DVOA and Rate +. But what you fail to realize is, as most Boomers like you, Wentz is a headcase. And was basically sent packing because no one wanted to deal with his immaturity. But you be you.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You do realize there are many metrics to gauge a QB right? Like QBR, DVOA and Rate +. But what you fail to realize is, as most Boomers like you, Wentz is a headcase. And was basically sent packing because no one wanted to deal with his immaturity. But you be you.
I'm just taking the standard for acceptable quarterback play on this forum where any doubting of Justin Fields makes people literally freak the fuck out and applying it broadly.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm just taking the standard for acceptable quarterback play on this forum where any doubting of Justin Fields makes people literally freak the fuck out and applying it broadly.
Well not being a leader and being a QB that isn’t welcomed by his teammates is not acceptable.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well not being a leader and being a QB that isn’t welcomed by his teammates is not acceptable.
Yeah and they shipped him out immediately. But as a passer and strictly speaking playing the quarterback position Carson Wentz was not some disastrous boondoggle for that should held over Frank Reich's head forever. Wentz, at that point, could still play the position fairly well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah and they shipped him out immediately. But as a passer and strictly speaking playing the quarterback position Carson Wentz was not some disastrous boondoggle for that should held over Frank Reich's head forever. Wentz, at that point, could still play the position fairly well.

How long has Wentz been in the NFL and how long has Fields?

How would you rate the OL of the two teams?

How would you rate the WRs and TEs?

How would you rate the RBs?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
they had 2 chances to lock in the final playoff spot and he was the main reason they failed. End discussion.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Carson Wentz was hardly terrible in Indianapolis. People here are already preparing Justin Fields bust in Canton and he didn't throw the ball half as well as Wentz did in Indianapolis.

Frank Reich and Chris Ballard could easily have kept Wentz another year, but they didn't. Clearly it was the right decision to move on, even if Matt Ryan wasn't the right player to replace him with.

. People here are already preparing Justin Fields bust in Canton and he didn't throw the ball half as well as Wentz did in Indianapolis.

that's your projection ?. Most of us see JF as a young. developing Qb Don't you???

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's just easy to understand. One guy is a veteran quarterback on a decent football team(Wentz) and the other guy is a 2nd year quarterback with a horrible offensive line and very bad receivers(Fields).