Frank Reich the new Panthers HC

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most Colts fans say Irsay picked all the QBs.

Yeah that is bullshit. Been widely reported in Indy that it was Reich so either you making shit up or most Indy fans are morons. Irsay is on record this year as saying he is tired not interfering and let others decide on QB.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Yeah that is bullshit. Been widely reported in Indy that it was Reich so either you making shit up or most Indy fans are morons. Irsay is on record this year as saying he is tired not interfering and let others decide on QB.
I was looking on the two more popular Colts’ forums about whether their fans think they should trade up for a QB. (Majority are AGAINST trading up)

Anyways - there was a lot of talk about how Irsay FINALLY wants to draft a QB and that Ballard has the green light to trade up. They certainly implied Irsay wanted the veteran QBs, but they didn’t say anything about Reich.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol. He made that situation. He lobbied for Wentz because he was his OC in Philly. So much so he apologized to Irsay for begging Colts to trade for him.

He and Ballard kept going the vet QB route because they were trying to win now and save their jobs.
He took the job with luck as his qb and had him retire 1 year in. I'm sure brisset wasn't his choice. Rivers would be a guy most coaches with a "ready to compete roster" would've taken a flyer on. Wentz was a mistake on his and Ballard's part, but wentz still had a very good season statistically. Then Reich got railroaded by management this season. He did a good job with the team despite unfortunate circumstances in his time there.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Nope. Reich is who lobbied for Wentz as he insisted he could fix him as he was Wentz OC in Philly his MVP year. Reich was involved in all those QB decisions. A GM isnt trading for a QB that their supposed QB guru coach doesnt want. Reich actually apologized for lobbying for Wentz to Irsay in an attempt to save his job. Didnt work.

You never really want to go all in on a red head. The odds are not in your favor. Maybe Franks learns

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I was looking on the two more popular Colts’ forums about whether their fans think they should trade up for a QB. (Majority are AGAINST trading up)

Anyways - there was a lot of talk about how Irsay FINALLY wants to draft a QB and that Ballard has the green light to trade up. They certainly implied Irsay wanted the veteran QBs, but they didn’t say anything about Reich.
So you’re getting your information from a fan message board??? :jonesy:

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
So you’re getting your information from a fan message board??? :jonesy:
Well I’m not a Colts fan or follow the colts. I also never said Reich didn’t pick the QBs.

I also don’t give two shits who the Panthers hire for their head coach as long as he wants to trade up for a QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I already posted the articles confirming it was Reich.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He took the job with luck as his qb and had him retire 1 year in. I'm sure brisset wasn't his choice. Rivers would be a guy most coaches with a "ready to compete roster" would've taken a flyer on. Wentz was a mistake on his and Ballard's part, but wentz still had a very good season statistically. Then Reich got railroaded by management this season. He did a good job with the team despite unfortunate circumstances in his time there.

Brissett was on the team before Reich was hired.

Wentz was 100% Reich. Ballard made that trade because Reich wanted it.

Reich was not railroaded. The dude is a QB guru who picked 2 shitty QBs. There is no reason to have him as a coach if he can't pick the right QB. It would be like saying Nagy got railroaded because Foles and Dalton sucked as if it wasn't Nagy that wanted Foles and Dalton.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Look am I saying the fix is definitely in? No. But you can't keep defending shit like this by pretending it doesn't raise questions regarding how the old boys owners network favors a particular group of people. Whether you want to blame that on nepotism or racism is hardly the point. It is happening.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think he's a good coach but if he doesn't get lucky and have a QB fall in his lap he'll be fired again.

sounds like every other coach in the nfl.

see Zac Taylor. Became a genius overnight. When the Bengals won 4 games his 2nd year after a 2 win season guarantee there were many bengal fans calling for his head, lol. Can Fields do same for Eberflus or is he destined to be added to the #ohiostate list? hmmmmm

Bengals offense point rankings went from 30th and 29th to top 10 in scoring. WONDER WHY??? hmmmm

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

see Zac Taylor. Became a genius overnight. When the Bengals won 4 games his 2nd year after a 2 win season guarantee there were many bengal fans calling for his head, lol. Can Fields do same for Eberflus or is he destined to be added to the #ohiostate list? hmmmmm

Bengals offense point rankings went from 30th and 29th to top 10 in scoring. WONDER WHY??? hmmmm

I wouldn't say every coach but the NFL has some smart coaches that don't get recognized but they also have some average and some straight up stupid. I think Nagy was a smart coach just didn't know how to implement his vision so that others could understand it.

Bengals also got Jamar Chase & Tee Higgins both can be number one WR's in the NFL.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Carson Wentz was hardly terrible in Indianapolis. People here are already preparing Justin Fields bust in Canton and he didn't throw the ball half as well as Wentz did in Indianapolis.

Frank Reich and Chris Ballard could easily have kept Wentz another year, but they didn't. Clearly it was the right decision to move on, even if Matt Ryan wasn't the right player to replace him with.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Look am I saying the fix is definitely in? No. But you can't keep defending shit like this by pretending it doesn't raise questions regarding how the old boys owners network favors a particular group of people. Whether you want to blame that on nepotism or racism is hardly the point. It is happening.
Cause it's all rigged and scripted, stop being so naive.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Meh, I still hear a lot of people trash Taylor. Mostly because the guy is ass.