Freddy Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
What's everyone's take on the signing of Barnes? He was a beast in college but ran a slow 40 so he fell off draft boards. I think that if he can run his routes and get in and out of his breaks, he has a shot at the roster.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way he makes the roster is if Rashied Davis suddenly sucks on ST. Freddie needs to show something on ST if he wants to make the roster, all or most of the backups need to be able to play ST if they want to be active on game days. He has great hands, good beating the press, and he's a good route runner. However his lack of speed is what made him a UDFA

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Davis needs to be gone...

Last edited by a moderator:

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
But if you can't garner separation in the NFL you are useless as a WR.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if you can't garner separation in the NFL you are useless as a WR.
Rashied see's little time at WR now. He's primarily a ST player, like Kassim Osgood was for the Chargers.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Barnes is not an NFL WR. He'll never play WR in this league. Could he make it as a STer. Sure. He's a long shot to make the team.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barnes is not an NFL WR. He'll never play WR in this league. Could he make it as a STer. Sure. He's a long shot to make the team.

He led the nation in stats, but he's not an NFL WR? :elephant:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a ton of guys over the years that have lead the nation in whatever category you want to pick. some guys just can't play in the NFL. Casey Fitzgerald lead the nation in receptions the year before Barnes did, what he doing now? Mike Hass another example. won the Biletnikoff award in college, whats he doing now? some guys are just really good college players.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because you're great in college doesn't mean you'll have success in the NFL.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
He might not be good in the NFL but I would at least like to see him make the roster or be signed to the practice squad.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a ton of guys over the years that have lead the nation in whatever category you want to pick. some guys just can't play in the NFL. Casey Fitzgerald lead the nation in receptions the year before Barnes did, what he doing now? Mike Hass another example. won the Biletnikoff award in college, whats he doing now? some guys are just really good college players.

I see your point. Proven wrong I stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.