Free Agency news - 2020

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It seems like just about every team wants him. He is going to be expensive and the Bears are walking around with one of the smaller wallets.

I kind of think that the Bears are going to be looking on the outside of Hooper lottery.

As long as they are in.

New CBA makes current wallet size irrelevant.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Free agency doesn't require travel.

If they do really want a guy to do an immediate physical they have private planes and facilities.

That was a joke.

It seems like just about every team wants him. He is going to be expensive and the Bears are walking around with one of the smaller wallets.

I kind of think that the Bears are going to be looking on the outside of Hooper lottery.

Other teams may want him but none may be as desperate as us. Bears may be willing to move all in on Hooper where other teams may just view him as a nice piece but not mission critical.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where the hell have you been in Austin that's anywhere NEAR as bad as the "nasty" parts of detroilet? .... or even close to as bad as some parts the west side?
Not what I meant at all, Austin is by far the best city (of the group) is what I said.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That was a joke.

Other teams may want him but none may be as desperate as us. Bears may be willing to move all in on Hooper where other teams may just view him as a nice piece but not mission critical.
Then again, some teams may think he is a nice piece AND have a ton of cap space where they can throw crazy money for "nice" pieces.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then again, some teams may think he is a nice piece AND have a ton of cap space where they can throw crazy money for "nice" pieces.

Yes quite possible. FA is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you going to get.

Shout out to Tom Hanks!

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Not what I meant at all, Austin is by far the best city (of the group) is what I said.
Sorry then, my mistake. That's not how it reads at all though. I will say that the city deciding the homeless (or as our media lovingly refers to them as, "those experiencing homelessness") can camp wherever they want has made it worse. There are tent cities under every big highway and there are huge fires, and stabbings all the time.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Detroit is the fat ugly girl in class that self conscious girls look at and think “well it could always be worse”
it's worse than that...was supposed to stay at a hotel downtown...immediately walked the fuck out of that place, i didn't even want my money back.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mike Florio (Pro Football Talk) reports the NFL is considering pushing back the start of free agency, which was scheduled to open at 11 a.m. on Monday. At the core of the possible postponement is the league’s desire to wait out the voting for the Collective Bargaining Agreement. A league source who reached out to Florio suggested waiting until after the players’ CBA vote (due by 10:59 p.m. CT on Saturday) to possibly avoid additional delays in voting.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That will give you more time to fine tune your mock offseason

I don't think I can wait any longer and I'm more excited for the 2021 offseason anyway.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So I skipped about 300 posts in this thread. What did I miss?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Raven franchise Matt Judon. IIRC that's pretty unusual for them, they usually let edge players walk (ZaDarius).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes quite possible. FA is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you going to get.

Shout out to Tom Hanks!

Tom and his wife caught the Coronavirus.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hunter Henry and Justin Simmons tagged, as expected.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Kwiatkowski will go back to Fangio with the Broncos.