Free Agency news - 2020

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
They headed into the season set to pay Wagner nearly that amount, so they upgraded the position at the cost of very little coin. Glasgow got more.
Lions made a nice little move there.

giphy.gif

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No, no its not.

Your batting average is not affected by the other 8 guys in the lineup, dumbfuck.

Actually, you can make a case it is. Do you think you’ll see better pitches to hit if you have kris Bryant batting after you, or if you have Albert Almora hitting after you? Since you like to call people names, I feel the urge to do the same to you...but I have a bit more class than that

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is that the only stat you’re gonna talk about?? And even then having better hitters above and behind you in the line up affects how the pitcher pitches you simpleton.

No.

Just like ERA isn't affected by the other 8 guys. Sure they can make a good fielding play, but if youre a good pitcher it doesn't matter if you have a good defensive unit, you'll still have that heat.

Baseball is an individual sport you play as a team. Simple as that.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
he has corona virus.

Too soon.
I sent that gif as an inspirational note for his health. Granted it was about strippers, but it was an inspirational gif related to strippers....

strippers!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions made a nice little move there.

giphy.gif
It's one of the better FA signings today, no huge overpay. Seems like a lot until you realize it is for 5 years. I would imagine the structure is such that he costs something more like 7-8 mil in the first year.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No.

Just like ERA isn't affected by the other 8 guys. Sure they can make a good fielding play, but if youre a good pitcher it doesn't matter if you have a good defensive unit, you'll still have that heat.

Stick to football...era is absolutely effected by the defense you have behind you...you can’t strike out 100% of batters

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stick to football...era is absolutely effected by the defense you have behind you...you can’t strike out 100% of batters

No, baseball is an individual sport you play as a team.

I've played both. Football absolutely has much more impact on your individual performance based on team mates play.

I'm literally getting sports lessons from couch potatoes, this shits great.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I've played both. Football absolutely has much more impact on your individual performance based on team mates play.

Now you’re changing your argument to football is more of a team sport, got ya! If you played baseball then you would know era is effected by the defense you have...

But go ahead and die on that hill

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you have to use the “I’ve played a sport” argument to defend your point, you’ve already lost the argument, Al Bundy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wait...what? I thought you were a Dr.? Where did you play football Ms. Adows? Lingerie league?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No.

This is simply wrong. ERA is affected by the defense behind you hence why they have a stat called FIP ie Fielding Independent Pitching which is basically ERA adjusted by removing effect of defense.

A pitcher with a good D is going to have a lower ERA than FIP and someone with a bad D is going to have a higher ERA than FIP. FIP has also statistically been proven to be a better indicator of future performance than ERA precisely because ERA is dependent upon defense.

A hitter's batting average is affected by not only his own hitters but also the defense. Hence why again there are stats that attempt to remove the effect of D and why defensive shifts have been proven to affect hitter stats.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This is my guy. Hopefully we are one of the 4 teams. He would be great opposite mack. Same amount of pressures last year. Allows us to cut floyd as well or try to find a cheap trade partner.

baseball is a team sport with a large emphasis on individual performance! Does that clear it up?

Those signs don’t steal themsel