**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
if its one thing that panthers fans liked about Foreman, it was his vision
Exactly and he's not a burner (neither is Herbert). Herbert was a 4.46 guy. Foreman was as well, but that was at his pro day, so basically he's a low 4.5 guy without the inflated home track time. But both guys see and hit the hole quickly which is why they were both top 5 in RB efficiency this past year. They don't dance around in the backfield like Montgomery does. And the reason guys dance behind the line is because they don't have great vision....unless you're Barry Sanders.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He was the worst punt returner I've seen in pro football.

And his KR ability wasn't something you can't replace. Right now he's the #5 WR on this depth chart prior to finalized FA/draft. It's not nonsense to think he could be cut if he doesn't do anything at all in camp.

After last year I don't think I want him catching any kick offs or punts, tbh. He has terrible hands

then you really dont watch much football, vjj's problem was the muffs, not the actual returns...he didnt have this problem in college either so i fully expect he'll get another chance at PR duties....with herbert likley getting a bigger role on offense i dont expect him to be a KR this season.
replacing a top 3 KR average is not as easy as it sounds.

Poles took vjj knowing that hes raw and would take time to develop, knowing this you think he'll just cut him because he likes to waste picks? he will get another year...now after that i agree his spot will be in jeopardy...more than likely the bears will have 6 wr's on the 53 man roster, as you say vjj is 5th, who is out there is FA? noone worthwhile...could there be a pick in the draft that takes his spot? sure the possibility exists and in that case vjj will goto the practice squad in that scenario if he cant beat out the rookie.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
"Raw and would take time to develop"

I've never heard anyone's grandpa described that way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rosenhaus isnt a fool. I suspect Eagles told him they would take Carter at 10 hence why he only made his announcement after meeting with the Eagles.

With 2 firsts and only really one glaring hole with Hargrave's deaparture, it is a risk the Eagles can take.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rosenhaus isnt a fool. I suspect Eagles told him they would take Carter at 10 hence why he only made his announcement after meeting with the Eagles.

With 2 firsts and only really one glaring hole with Hargrave's deaparture, it is a risk the Eagles can take.

That or you’re believing exactly what he wants you to believe.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If you can get a 2nd for Mooney I think you go ahead with drafting JSN. Mooney has been a nice player but he's also small, not really insanely productive and about to demand decent money. You could get an upgrade at WR hypothetically while also freeing up future $ with this move.

If they see JSN as a future star, I'm with it.
I think JSN will be a star but doubt you get more than a 3rd rounder for Mooney.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Exactly and he's not a burner (neither is Herbert). Herbert was a 4.46 guy. Foreman was as well, but that was at his pro day, so basically he's a low 4.5 guy without the inflated home track time. But both guys see and hit the hole quickly which is why they were both top 5 in RB efficiency this past year. They don't dance around in the backfield like Montgomery does. And the reason guys dance behind the line is because they don't have great vision....unless you're Barry Sanders.
Or it could be because the OL got pushed into him in the backfield.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
No reason to sign anyone right now. Draft and then there will be another wave of cuts across the league. Many players will have to accept 1 year deals at this stage and that is what the Bears should be targeting to fill gaps in the roster. I would still rather draft a center and cut Whitehair. If you’re not going to play him at guard, he shouldn’t be on roster. He can’t snap a football in shotgun.
Agreed, they really need to draft a good legit C fairly early and can pickup a guard from cuts or FA's better than Whitehair.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That or you’re believing exactly what he wants you to believe.
Well if he’s made millions doing what he’s doing, he will get the benefit of doubt.