**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Ha! I called Jalen Carter a lazy mf months ago and was told by everyone to "wAtCh ThE tApE"... now it turns out he ran off on two dying friends and shows up to his pro day 10 pounds overweight and leaves with cramps.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Considering the dude hasn't won a single game yet, seems a tad premature.
Well, since it's not likely to come true, now is the time for garbage like this. After all, when Love shits the bed, Packer fans won't be able to post stuff like this.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Jesus, google "Is the COVID vaccine protected under HIPAA." Spoiler Alert: It isn't.

But you are right. It's said how many people don't even know their rights.
Let me preface this by saying I believe everyone that can should have gotten vaccinated. I also think it's fair game to ask athletes their vaccination status.

But let's talk about what HIPAA covers and doesn't cover. It covers or prevents a covered entity, which is basically just doctors, hospitals, insurers, and those providing health care services to you, from disclosing your medical records to third parties without your consent except in limited circumstances. Vaccination status is certainly a medical record.

HIPAA does not prevent anyone from asking you about your health, nor does it place any restriction on anyone that is not a covered entity (or their business associate). So, if I shared my vaccine status with Schefter, he could share it freely. If I told my doctor, he is prevented from disclosing it. I am not subject to HIPAA, except the rights it grants to me in my personal health information.

Your employer is (most likely) not a covered entity either, nor would an NFL organization, except for the parts that provide medical services. And in, any event, NFL teams certainly require waivers of this to disclose injuries etc. pursuant to NFL rule.

So, in sum, HIPAA only applies to your medical providers. Not to you or your friends or the media or your employer. Your employer is free to enact whatever policies they deem fit, subject to laws.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ha! I called Jalen Carter a lazy mf months ago and was told by everyone to "wAtCh ThE tApE"... now it turns out he ran off on two dying friends and shows up to his pro day 10 pounds overweight and leaves with cramps.
That explains why he was winded at pro day today

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Carter would be a stupid pick. So many red flags with that guy. He literally had to go a few months without incident to change his life and he couldn’t do it. I think the pick is either Van Ness, Paris Johnson or a shocking playmaker like JSN or Bijan.
Man, would Van Ness at #9 be a letdown. At #20, I'd be lukewarm. At 9?, God no!