**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Oh he’s legit. I just doubt he’s getting info from other teams. Other than “hey this guy is good” type stuff. Teams usually guard their board like the Crown Jewels.
Unless it is Jerry Jones who will have an interview and have his top targets displayed in the background.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why sign a guy to play left guard when his entire career both college and professional all he’s done is play right guard? Seems like a pretty stupid move if thats the case. And I don’t think Poles is stupid.
For what it is worth, he also played RT in college, though better at guard. He also was at LG in the Senior Bowl practices.

Watch the videos on the site...the last video is particularly nice.

Nate Davis, Charlotte ★★★★ - Pro Football Draft Zone

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
That’s blast from the past

Worst Bears Draft Picks of All-Time: OT Stan Thomas​

By Dane Noble@WindyCGridiron Apr 8, 2011, 2:48pm CDT

The Chicago Bears selected OT Stan Thomas in the 1st round (#22 overall) of the 1991 NFL Draft, despite the kicking and screaming of head coach Mike Ditka. This draft pick could be best summed up by a quote from the coach, from an interview in 2006 on WSCR:
"Maybe we should have won another Super Bowl, but the problems started when we got an owner that wanted to make football decisions when he knew nothing about football. He told us who to sign, who to trade, and who to draft. Like drafting Stan Thomas. I wanted nothing to do with Stan Thomas, but the owner wanted him, and that's the way it was."
Many of you may remember Thomas and Ditka getting into a screaming match on the sideline during a 1992 televised Bears game. That was a perfect microcosm of Thomas' tenure in the Windy City.
Thomas played a grand total of 26 games over two season with the Bears, and was eventually traded after walking out of training camp in 1993 (he was angry over a demotion).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Then the actual question you should have asked is, "I wonder how many hours of tape does he actually watch on each top 100(?) players to make up his Top 50 players?"

Ex-scouts will make some phone calls to their connections on teams and get some "information", but, since it is smokescreen season, it is hard to actually believe most of what their connections say.
That's why I never, initially, bought into the Jalen Carter rumors. Now time has passed, and ok it's true, but it's pretty cut throat.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
PFF 3 Round Mock Draft 3-16

They have the Bears selecting:

Jalen Carter Georgia DT at 9

Derick Hall Auburn Edge at 54

Jaelyn Duncan Maryland OT at 61

Zach Charbonnet UCLA RB at 64

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Worst Bears Draft Picks of All-Time: OT Stan Thomas​

By Dane Noble@WindyCGridiron Apr 8, 2011, 2:48pm CDT

The Chicago Bears selected OT Stan Thomas in the 1st round (#22 overall) of the 1991 NFL Draft, despite the kicking and screaming of head coach Mike Ditka. This draft pick could be best summed up by a quote from the coach, from an interview in 2006 on WSCR:
"Maybe we should have won another Super Bowl, but the problems started when we got an owner that wanted to make football decisions when he knew nothing about football. He told us who to sign, who to trade, and who to draft. Like drafting Stan Thomas. I wanted nothing to do with Stan Thomas, but the owner wanted him, and that's the way it was."
Many of you may remember Thomas and Ditka getting into a screaming match on the sideline during a 1992 televised Bears game. That was a perfect microcosm of Thomas' tenure in the Windy City.
Thomas played a grand total of 26 games over two season with the Bears, and was eventually traded after walking out of training camp in 1993 (he was angry over a demotion).
Here's a 15 year string of #1s.

1998 5 Curtis Enis RB Penn State
1999 12 Cade McNown QB UCLA [q]
2000 9 Brian Urlacher ^ LB New Mexico [e]
2001 8 David Terrell WR Michigan
2002 29 Marc Colombo T Boston College
2003 14 Michael Haynes DE Penn State [r]
22 Rex Grossman QB Florida
2004 14 Tommie Harris † DT Oklahoma
2005 4 Cedric Benson RB Texas
2006 No pick [k]
2007 31 Greg Olsen † TE Miami
2008 14 Chris Williams T Vanderbilt
2009 No pick [k] Cutler trade
2010 No pick
2011 29 Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin
2012 19 Shea McClellin DE Boise State

Urlacher (y)
Harris was damaged but great for a bit
Rex was fun for a few
Olsen was traded right when he was about to shine.

The only 1st round player that we got more than a few positive productive years from over 15 years of 1st round picks was Urlacher and by association, Cutler. In 2006 we traded our 1st for Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd. Daniael Manning (significantly helped us lose a SB. Lovie's prodigy was 20 yards out of position on the 1st TD that was basically a Hail Mary. Made Lovie tell Rivera to change up to a softer coverage) and Dusty Dvoracek who had a career total of 31 tackles at DT.

Last edited: