**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Aquineas isn’t this your college team?
Not where I went to school, but it's my adopted team based on where I live. It's hard to predict how Longhorns are going to fare in the NFL. They certainly don't have the track record of the SEC or even Oklahoma, for that matter.

I have always believed it was due to the coddling they get at UT as well as the rampant available distractions in the Austin social scene. Rainey Street, on any given Saturday Night. It feels like what Spring Break used to feel like when I went to school (without the swimsuits, but with shorts so short they might as well be swimsuits).

Last edited:

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After trading a good one for chump change. Basically traded Cooper and a 6th for Cooks.
Personally I see that as a win for Dallas. Without checking feels like Cooks has been just as productive if not more so, without the injuries and with some crappy QB play.

Edit: also the cap hits makes Cooks the much more affordable WR.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personally I see that as a win for Dallas. Without checking feels like Cooks has been just as productive if not more so, without the injuries and with some crappy QB play.

Edit: also the cap hits makes Cooks the much more affordable WR.

Sure I would say Cooper has been better recently but you can probably view it as the 6th round effectively compensates for the fact Cooks is cheaper.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at the WR market as it stands I wouldn’t mind bringing in DJ Chark on a cheap 1-2 yr deal.

He would provide a decent replacement for Claypool in case of injury and would ensure that ESB isn’t the primary backup X. ESB would be relegated to ST’s and come in on running downs.

Chark could also be utilized in the redzone in spread sets.

Moore-Kmet-OL—Claypool-Chark

Plus if they decide to not resign Claypool they have cheap option already on the roster who isn’t ESB.

ROKBearGuy

Liked Posts:
I don't come here very often, so I wanted to find the best thread I could to throw in my thoughts on the offseason to date. My very subjective arm chair (currently in a Bobby Petrino neck brace) grade is a solid "B+" thus far. I count 6 starters, including Billings and Walker, and two crucial # 2s with Foreman and Tonyan. With holes still on both lines still, I couldn't rate Poles' job any higher. It's refreshing, though, to have a GM who thinks of the now and the future. He fully admits he can't fill every position with immediate starter quality at this moment. His best work, in my opinion, has come from his restraint. Whether it's been targeting value over immediate need, staying on "his number" in big signings or waiting on possible cuts, I believe he's seeing the bigger picture. I wouldn't mind at all if he drafted just linemen on both sides of the ball. That said, here's my own wish list based on what I see on the roster right now...

# 9 - Best tackle or Edge available or trade back (slightly) to fill in gap to 2nd round pick. At that point, I would take the BPA, even if it was a second tier need like WR or CB.

Early 2nd Round (with trade hopefully) - Should one of the top TEs, Washington or Kincaid, be here, I would consider it. I would also think about any top WRs or CBs who slip. Otherwise, I'd look at both lines...Edge, 1 or 3 Techs, or Tackles, though I'm not convinced we don't have a great shot at better value at # 53 and on.

#s 53- 64 - I think we have to go lines here because of the numbers and the values. One of the top centers, a tackle or any of the D Line slots based on the board.

# 103 - I'd stay more with top needs unless a player just really jumped out with value. Another corner, perhaps?

For the rest of the draft, I would just go BPA. We could use another WR, RB, (not sold on Homer truthfully) TE, LB and of course, the lines. We could take a flyer on a QB late, too.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Looking at the WR market as it stands I wouldn’t mind bringing in DJ Chark on a cheap 1-2 yr deal.

He would provide a decent replacement for Claypool in case of injury and would ensure that ESB isn’t the primary backup X. ESB would be relegated to ST’s and come in on running downs.

Chark could also be utilized in the redzone in spread sets.

Moore-Kmet-OL—Claypool-Chark

Plus if they decide to not resign Claypool they have cheap option already on the roster who isn’t ESB.
I don’t see the point of signing a FA Wr, especially for a 1-2 year deal. Draft a Wr and develop him to take over for Claypool and/or Mooney. What’s the benefit of bringing in Chark?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Belichik kept him for one season and moved him.

Houston is in the process of drafting a young quarterback and just traded away a weapon. Doesn’t that say a lot?

Do they expect to get a top wide receiver for a fifth or a sixth round pick? You would think you’d want a good veteran receiver for your rookie quarterback but apparently they don’t and I think that speaks volumes.

Again, he has been bitching about getting traded to a winning team for almost a year now. That is the impetus for that trade.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is the cap looking like for next season @remydat ?