Free Agency Predictions

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I thought we should all post our free agency predictions. Lets get them in now a little before free agency starts...and then laugh at how wrong we are when the actuality of free agency happens.

I did a longer post on my blog explaining the reasoning behind the picks: http://dabullz.com/content.php/191-Predicting-Free-Agency

But here are my picks.

Chicago - Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Shaquille O'neal, and Omer Asik
Miami - Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Ray Allen, and David Lee
New Jersey - Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer
Dallas - Dirk Nowitzki
Clippers - Rudy Gay
New York - Gilbert Arenas

Kush77

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls actually got LBJ and Bosh there would be no place for Shaq, unless the Bulls want to intentionally slow the game down.

LBJ, rose, Noah and Bosh would be up and down the court twice before Shaq passes halfcourt.

I hope the LJB/Bosh part of your prediction is right!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
If the Bulls actually got LBJ and Bosh there would be no place for Shaq, unless the Bulls want to intentionally slow the game down.

LBJ, rose, Noah and Bosh would be up and down the court twice before Shaq passes halfcourt.

I think what will happen is just what I said. Shaq will go to LA, but get shutout by Kobe, and then just follow Lebron to Chicago for the minimum. He won't play the biggest role ever, Bosh and Noah will be the starters, but we will have backup bigs of Gibson and Shaq (unless Gibson were to be used in a sign and trade, which I doubt because he's friends with Lebron).

I don't see Shaq as someone the Bulls really pursue from the get go, but when the Bulls realize they can get Shaq for added depth, they're not going to turn down having him as an option off the bench. (And I think Shaq will be very open to taking the vet's minimum rather than the MLE, since I think he will probably get a high paying job at TNT on Inside the NBA once he retires, and he's made so much already in his career, and it will just about trying to finish with more rings than Kobe).

Kush77

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

I think what will happen is just what I said. Shaq will go to LA, but get shutout by Kobe, and then just follow Lebron to Chicago for the minimum. He won't play the biggest role ever, Bosh and Noah will be the starters, but we will have backup bigs of Gibson and Shaq (unless Gibson were to be used in a sign and trade, which I doubt because he's friends with Lebron).

I don't see Shaq as someone the Bulls really pursue from the get go, but when the Bulls realize they can get Shaq for added depth, they're not going to turn down having him as an option off the bench. (And I think Shaq will be very open to taking the vet's minimum rather than the MLE, since I think he will probably get a high paying job at TNT on Inside the NBA once he retires, and he's made so much already in his career, and it will just about trying to finish with more rings than Kobe).

Do you see Shaq playing a minor role though?

Usually great players like that will find a lesser team where they can play, or retire.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

Do you see Shaq playing a minor role though?

Usually great players like that will find a lesser team where they can play, or retire.

I don't think Shaq will have too much of a problem playing a 16 minute or so role. I think he would cherish the chance of being part of a championship team.

But I could also see Shaq going to a team like the Spurs where he could start next to Duncan, and still have a shot at winning a title too.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Shaq is the antithesis of the philosophy that TT wants to deploy. It would be the same as in Cleveland. Shaq is old and in the way, and clogs the lane offensively. Not at all interested. And would be very surprised if Lebron is interested in that scenario.

But then again, would Shaq want to follow them to Miami?

BTW, I am very pessimistic right now on Lebron coming here. If he doesn't, I am hoping he stays in Cleveland.

How is Lebron partying with JayZ this past weekend NOT tampering?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I an't see Shaq taking the minimum. I don't think he would have a problem with about 15mpg as a scorer off the bench. He'd go in and lead the second unit.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'll only make 1 prediction & it's this: Shaq will not be a Bull next season.

mdot1986

Liked Posts:
Predictions:

Chicago-Lebron, Bosh, JJ
New York-Lee, Gay
Miami-Wade, Amare, Allen
New Jersey-Boozer

Hope this is how it works out. The East will begin to even out and not be the "Leastern" conference anymore.B)

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Chicago-LeBron and Bosh
Miami-Wade and Amare
Dallas-Dirk
Clippers-Gay
NYK-Boozer and Johnson

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Too hard to predict given that one guy going one way will cause the whole house of cards to fall over.

Interesting that everyone is predicting a 2 out of 3 scenario (where two of the big three land together). I'd look at it like this ...

LeBron/Wade/Bosh DO want to play together: Miami or Chicago get all three. I think Chicago has as good a shot as Miami, everyone assumes Wade is staying but if they want to play together, Chicago makes more sense. Rose/Wade/LeBron/Bosh/Noah vs Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Bosh/Vet min. Forcing Toronto to take Deng instead of Beasley is an obstacle, but I believe if the big three want it to happen it will.

LeBron/Wade/Bosh DON'T want to play together: If they're not all teaming up, I don't think it's automatic that Bosh goes to becomes second banana to one of the two, despite that being all the talk. I could easily see him deciding to go to a third team.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Paul Pierce has opted out as well ... I wonder if anyone gets desperate and gets into a bidding war with Boston for him.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
KC Johnson said tonight that the Bulls are nervous, as is everyone else. And that the Bulls are talking to Scottie Pippen about accompanying Reinsdorf, Paxson, Foreman and possibly TT to Akron to see Lebron.

Lets see what happens...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Of course they're nervous, the next few days will go a long way to determining who wins championships in the NBA for the next decade.

My Prediction: Scottie will sit out the last 1.8 seconds of the talk when Reinsdorf doesn't let him be the one to shake hands with LeBron on an informal agreement.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let´s see how wrong I am! :)

Bulls: Lebron James, James Johnson, Brad Miller, Raymond Felton
Heat: Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire
Knicks: David Lee, Gilbert Arenas
Nets: Rudy Gay, Shaquille O´Neal
Raptors: Chris Bosh
Jazz: Carlos Boozer
Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki
Celtics: Ray Allen, Paul Pierce
Bucks: Johnn Salmons

2012: Bulls sign Kirk Hinrich :p

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Well, I must start off by saying i'm in a heavy worst case scenario mode at this point.

Heat: Wade, James, and Bosh
Knicks: Johnson and Amare
Mavs: Dirk and Shaq
Nets: Gay and Boozer
Celitcs: Allen, Pierce, and Miller
Cavs: Beasley(trade)
Bulls: Lee, Salmons, and Almond

2010-11 Bulls Rotation
Rose, Law
Salmons, Almond
Deng, Kurz
Lee, Gibson
Noah, Asik, Richard

Enjoy your League Pass!!!:woohoo:

Fred

Liked Posts:
Here are my predictions:

Miami:
Bosh sign and trade to the Heat.
Wade resigns

James will resign in Cleveland with an opt-out in 3 years.
Johnson and Amare to NY.
Bulls sign David Lee and Korver.
Mavericks: Resign Dirk.
Celtics: Ray Allen and Paul Pierce resign

I have absolutely no idea on Boozer, but I'll say the Nets in a crap shoot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alright here goes...

Chicago: LeBron and Bosh
Miami: Wade and Amare
NY: JJ and Boozer
Nets: David Lee
Dirk resigns
Allen and Pierce resign

Also, Kirk Hinrich will suck the duration of the rest of his contract, leading us all to laugh at the Wizards for giving us the chance to have a dynasty. ;)

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Let's make crap up like everyone else on the net ...

Chicago: LeBron & Lee
Miami: Wade, Boozer & Jefferson
NY: Bosh, JJ (S&T 6 year max) & Arenas (dumped for Curry)
Nets: Amare & Gay
Mavs: Dirk
Celtics: Allen & Pierce
Clippers: Forced to go the Washington route and use the cap space as a dumping ground

Just not feeling the idea that the big names can give up their egos to play together.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes, I don't think NY can do Arenas, Bosh and JJ. Too much salary, even without Curry the Knicks are at 7.7 mill and can't do 3 max deals.