Free agent OG John Moffitt wants to return to the NFL.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Per Rotoworld:

John Moffitt - G - Free Agent

Free agent OG John Moffitt wants to return to the NFL.

Moffitt, 28, retired in November 2013 due to drug issues. He's since cleaned up his life and has been training the past three months with an eye toward returning to the league. The former No. 75 overall pick in 2011 by the Seahawks, Moffitt was an All-American at offensive lineman-friendly Wisconsin. Moffitt (6-foot-4, 319) is a nasty mauler in the trenches who can play guard or center.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Jun 17 - 11:30 AM

Hmmmmm.....Whahhdayuhthinks?! I had major wood for him in the 2011 draft. A true mauler. (not just the dope talking)

He shat the bed on his career and his life with his pain killer addiction (Oxcy) Might be hungry to make up for lost time.... Do we "kick the tires?!"

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;5J_BJ4wLf1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J_BJ4wLf1c[/video]

I won't bring up who in that legendary Wisconsin O-Line we wound up drafting that 2010/2011 year..........

Did that whole line turn to shit?!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;cLW8oZdLDYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLW8oZdLDYo[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He shat the bed on his career and his life with his pain killer addiction (Oxcy) Might be hungry to make up for lost time.... Do we "kick the tires?!"
No way this happens so soon after MacDonald. He doesn't offer a significant enough upgrade, maybe none at all to warrant the potential press. The McC's won't have it.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Very good player at Wisco as far as I can recall....

I don't know if this franchise is in the mood for a 2nd chance scenario right now though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I had wood for him too coming out of the draft. But as others have said, we're probably not doing the second chance thing anymore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It says he's a NASTY MAULER doe. If Teddy weren't in charge of Football like the old Blackhawks Moffitt would have been signed yesterday!!!!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Yeah......"Once burned......twice shy".......I don't see George McCasky going for another ride on a risky hire.....

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't know, Moffitt's situation is different than Ray McDonald...giving a second chance to a player that went through drug rehab is a much easier sell than McDonald's domestic violence and sexual assault. So I don't think Moffitt's off the field issues will hold him back from taking a chance on him if he likes Moffitt