FREE CCS BRACKET CHALLENGE

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive got Arizona cutting down the nets. Heres a wierd strategy that i learned from a buddy of mine who does these brackets every year for like the last 25 years. He Eliminates any team with 3 or more white starting players from winning the title. Not since Duke 1990 has a team with 3 white starters won the national title. It something that never crosses your mind but i looked it up and its true. go figure.

So who does that eliminate?
Vermont and Creighton?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe so. I like Creighton. What about Gonzaga?
Gonzaga's whitey's are 7' tall and top 10 NBA picks. ( I don't think the theory applies)
Do they have a third starter? Chet and Timmy give them an unfair advantage against 2/3's of the field, but I agree with the principle of the idea.

I had a buddy who didn't think you win much with 5 black guys either. Like Baylor had Meyers last year who is as good a scorer as there is in college. The best teams seem to be deep in city ballers, have a freak shooting white kid or two, and maybe a white international from Australia or Europe.

As always, variety is key. Thats what made America great when it was more better anyway. Bio-diversity.

I could go deeper into why this is extremely numerically effective in basketball...like in rugby or football. If everybody is shaped the same and thinks the same you are redundant and can't do other things well. Its about how many different attributes of successful basketball the 5 guys on the court cover.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tennessee just put out the best first half performance so far of the tourney. 18 assists on 20 field goals, just ridiculous

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Gonzaga's whitey's are 7' tall and top 10 NBA picks. ( I don't think the theory applies)
Do they have a third starter? Chet and Timmy give them an unfair advantage against 2/3's of the field, but I agree with the principle of the idea.

I had a buddy who didn't think you win much with 5 black guys either. Like Baylor had Meyers last year who is as good a scorer as there is in college. The best teams seem to be deep in city ballers, have a freak shooting white kid or two, and maybe a white international from Australia or Europe.

As always, variety is key. Thats what made America great when it was more better anyway. Bio-diversity.

I could go deeper into why this is extremely numerically effective in basketball...like in rugby or football. If everybody is shaped the same and thinks the same you are redundant and can't do other things well. Its about how many different attributes of successful basketball the 5 guys on the court cover.
It applied last year lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@Hawkeye.

I’m sorry it was a foul, but go spiders!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I got the spiders beating Providence next game too
Idk if they are good or Iowa just tired from owning the big ten. Probably a bit of both. 6/29 from 3 isn’t gonna get it done. Can’t believe it was even a game

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils