Friday the 13th Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free Agency

* Bears trade 2023 first round pick (#1) to the Seahawks for 2023 first round pick (#5), 2023 first round pick (#20), 2023 second round pick

* Bears trade 2023 second round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for WR DeAndre Hopkins

Bears sign DeAndre Hopkins

Getting a first-round pick back for Hopkins is absolutely out of the question. Especially considering the Bears would still be on the hook for his huge contract other young QB's have benefitted a lot from elite WR's and Bears can't miss out on this opportunity even if it is a two or three year rental to develop Fields.

gkh13i02oqdbx61ymjta.jpg

Bears sign DT Da'Ron Payne to 5 years 100 million

25 year old Daron Payne might be the number one defensive lineman the Chicago Bears should pursue, and it’s probably not even close. Payne has only missed one game for Washington and has been a consistent problem for opposing offensive lines throughout his career.

daron-payne-washington-commanders-usa-today.jpg

Bears sign DE Yannick Ngakoue to 4 years 60 million

Ngakoue hasn't find a home in the NFL he's played for the Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, and the Ravens. He excels at one thing and that's getting the QB he can't do much else but Eberflus is smart enough to game plan on what he does best.

nt%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2022%2F10%2F19115375.jpg

Draft

Seahawks draft QB Bryce Young
Texans draft QB CJ Stroud
Cardinals draft DE Will Anderson Jr
Colts draft QB Will Levis

1 [5] DT Jalen Carter [Georgia] 6'3 300lbs

PLAYER COMPARISON​

Warren Sapp

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Jalen Carter is an elite prospect, he's simply always been great - from dominating in high school to being a five-star prospect to becoming the best player on the best defense in the nation. He's an elite athlete and his technique is almost as equally impressive. Carter will start as a rookie and could easily become a perennial pro bowler.

He's the top defensive lineman in the draft and worthy of the top overall pick, although it's unlikely he's going number one.

10280385.jpg

1 [20] LB Noah Sewell [Oregon] 6'2 253lbs

Brother of Lions tackle Penei Sowell.

In 2022 as a junior Sewell played in 12 games and contributed on 601 snaps. He recorded 40 tackles, 16 assists while making 23 stops. In coverage Sewell chalked up 2 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 105.6. As a pass rusher, he produced 18 total pressures, which included 14 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.

RK4AYIXHQZ2PTCSESRYWLNG3K4.jpg

2 [56] C Luke Wypler [Ohio State] 6'3 300lbs

Justin Fields college center.

Luke Wypler from St Joseph Regional High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Wypler opted to join Ohio State.

In 2020 as a freshman Wypler saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 15 snaps for the Buckeyes. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.

As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 860 snaps. He conceded an impressive 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.

In 2022 as a junior Wypler saw action in 12 games and totaled 757 snaps. He gave up an impressive 6 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.

luke-wypler-edit.jpg

3 [65] WR Parker Washington [Penn State] 5'10 200lbs

As a junior in 2022 he played 10 games and hauled in an excellent 46 catches for a solid 611 yards for an average of 13.3 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 89.9.

1436760296.0.jpg

4 [103] RB Mohamed Ibrahim [Minnesota] 5'10 210lbs

As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played in 11 games and ran for an elite 1604 yards on 304 carries for an impressive average of 5.3 ypc, with 19 TDs, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he had 7 receptions for an elite 50 yards.

maxresdefault.jpg

4 [134] G Mason Brooks [Ole Miss] 6'6 315lbs

After season's end Brooks transferred to Ole Miss where as a fifth year senior Brooks saw action in 8 games and played a total of 113 snaps for the Rebels. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.

091722_GaTech_FB_0007703_REGAt.jpg

5 [136] TE Noah Gindorff [North Dakota] 6'6 329lbs

As a senior in 2021 he played 12 games and had only 6 catches for only 74 yards for an average of 12.3 yards per catch, one TD, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 142.7. In pass protection he gave up 2 pressures and no sacks.

20201003_FB_UCA_TS_103.jpg

Round 5 #148: S Ronnie Hickham, Ohio State
Round 5 #159: CB Tykee Smith, Georgia
Round 7 #220: DE Derek Parish, Houston

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I told you to stop doing these

He should have one master thread where he can post all his mock offseasons and drafts so it can easily be engaged with or ignored rather than a new thread every 4 days.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't think Hopkins fetches a 2nd give age, contract status, injury history

Would rather see a WR at 20 in this scenario

It doesn't look like a deep WR draft I only like three guys Quentin Johnston, Jordan Addison, Hyatt and I think they'll all be gone by twenty.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No for the 2nd on Hopkins. No on Sewell. Everything else I'm ok with.

Hopkins w/ his current contract, the fact he wants an extension, and his recent injury/suspension concerns is worth at most a 4th rounder.

Which means the packers would trade a 2nd for him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Eh, too high for Sewell. And I hate 2 defensive picks. You also overdrafted everyone from Mohamed on down. Also don't like Parker Washington and hate the trade of a high 2nd for 31-year old PED suspended Hopkins. But other than that....

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I’m not sold on Sewell being a big difference makers, not do I value the LB position enough to use a 1st.

It’s a deep center draft class and there are a lot of FA options available. I want proven offensive lineman protecting Fields.

The rest seems OK.

greg23

Liked Posts:
An expensive 30+ year old wr for a 2nd (hey look, two 2nd Poles trades for two wr)
And then you draft defense/defense in the 1st round

What could go wrong.

Maybe wait to see who's officially in the draft AND who actually becomes a FA....still not sure Payne actually hits the market

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I’m not sold on Sewell being a big difference makers, not do I value the LB position enough to use a 1st.

It’s a deep center draft class and there are a lot of FA options available. I want proven offensive lineman protecting Fields.

The rest seems OK.
Yeah, that passer rating allowed by Sewell is no bueno. I honestly think he's a day 3 pick at this point, unless the Patriots really like him. They're the only team that likes big thumpers at LB.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Need to add 2024 first for Seahawk trade. I wouldn’t give up more than a conditional 6th for Hopkins.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm definitely game for a solid Center, but seems too high?