From one of the hatersz

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i didnt ready anything about the screen being an audible, but numerous articles commented on the 3rd and 10 run that went for 11 being checked to from a pass.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cutler isnt telegraphing his plays anymore.
He actually was looking away on that long screen to Langford.
He finally understands he can get a half step on defenders by being deceptive.
In this respect, he finally IS getting it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
This x10. I jumped off the banwagon last season. I been a guy who has blasted him, but its about time I start giving him credit. Dude has been playing his ass off

Funny what a competent coaching staff will do to players. Some of us just felt bad for the guy.

As my main guys Doug and OB said, " you can't give a Ferrari bald tires."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Lol do you blame him when he was? If Dyke Tice was trying to call plays I'd make my own shit up too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

He already had "it".

During his seasons in Chicago, he either was missing a competent O-Line and/or competent WRs and/or a competent defense and/or competent coaching.

These last couple games he appears to finally have all of those things in tact.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He already had "it".

During his seasons in Chicago, he either was missing a competent O-Line and/or competent WRs and/or a competent defense and/or competent coaching.

These last couple games he appears to finally have all of those things in tact.

I'm a Cutler fan and I disagree with your reasons/excuses. Other than the coaching, I don't think the rest is right. I believe he is getting better because he is maturing, realizing he doesn't have to do it himself now, and good coaching. He played fine with no names out there at receiver this year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Langford had a good game but Cutler did a great job. That second TD throw to Miller was perfect. He had to wait to get him open then use a soft throw to drop it in before he got smashed. He had some great reads and played extremely smart. The only problem I had with him was when St Louis picked up the fumble Cutler tried to tackle that big ass lineman. We can not afford to get him hurt on trying to tackle another player. I know its instinct, but we saw two seasons fall apart because of him getting injured on similar plays.
If he didn't try, he would have been called a "pussy"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm a Cutler fan and I disagree with your reasons/excuses. Other than the coaching, I don't think the rest is right. I believe he is getting better because he is maturing, realizing he doesn't have to do it himself now, and good coaching. He played fine with no names out there at receiver this year.

I always liked Cutler, but even I can't make a hundred excuses for the guy. he's a team player and he wants to win, but I think the pattern that's been evident with all the shit OCs he's had is that he won't give them the time of day if they're shitheads. that .gif of him sitting down and getting up when Tice came up to him is still hilarious to me. that guy was a total joke and had no business being an OC. for the 612th time, that's why Lovie Smith had to go. I don't care if they beat 10 losing teams or had some top 5 ranked defense, he kept outfitting the offense with shit coaches. Martz was the only one that came close to being legit, and I would even argue he was; Cutler previously played his best with him.

the offensive lines when like Omiyale and Webb were with the team were total ass. not until Trestman and Kyle Long surfaced did they really anchor things down there. last year when most of them were hurt you saw an immediate difference. they had strong receiver play since Marshall came, the smurf era was finished then. really I think it just came down to Cutler buying into the scheme, and when he didn't wanna deal with the shitheads he just went vigilante and did things his way... not necessarily for the better.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think his pocket precense has been an even bigger improvement than the turnovers. He seemed to be so unaware of the pressure since about the 2011 season. Now it seems like he's feeling it better and sliding to the left or the right.

His downfield awareness has also improved by leaps and bounds. When was the last time you remember Jay targeting a TE not named Martellus? And in key situations to boot.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
as great as he has been, there is still plenty of time for this to come crashing back down to earth. He still has to play well against the Packers.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Correct. Cutler checked the play pre snap based off of the look the D gave him.

Not to confuse JC with the term checked & check down
no problem with that at all. I'd say that's spot on. Checked at the line is much different than checkdown. Checkdown is post snap.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
as great as he has been, there is still plenty of time for this to come crashing back down to earth. He still has to play well against the Packers.

That's the deciding game for most fans I think. Their D is pretty much a dumpster fire right now.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's the deciding game for most fans I think. Their D is pretty much a dumpster fire right now.

WTF is going on in GB? If they lose to the Vikes this Sunday, they will enter the Thanksgiving game on a 4game losing streak

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
WTF is going on in GB? If they lose to the Vikes this Sunday, they will enter the Thanksgiving game on a 4game losing streak

All I know is that I keep texting my cheesehead relatives to remind them that they lost again...and haven't heard anything back.

They seem to be really quick to let me know when the Bearsz lose.

It may be possible that they were looking past the Lions?

But their offense hasn't been putting points up on the board either.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All I know is that I keep texting my cheesehead relatives to remind them that they lost again...and haven't heard anything back.

They seem to be really quick to let me know when the Bearsz lose.

It may be possible that they were looking past the Lions?

But their offense hasn't been putting points up on the board either.

HaHa losing playing time, Peppers pretty much has disappeared, and receivers aren't getting open. Lacy has fallen apart(I've always thought this would happen this year), Randall Cobb proving he isn't worth #1 WR money, OL can't block, and fat boy getting outcoached on the sideline

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
HaHa losing playing time, Peppers pretty much has disappeared, and receivers aren't getting open. Lacy has fallen apart(I've always thought this would happen this year), Randall Cobb proving he isn't worth #1 WR money, OL can't block, and fat boy getting outcoached on the sideline

I think the loss of Nelson was a bigger hit to that offense than most were expecting

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think the loss of Nelson was a bigger hit to that offense than most were expecting

They seemed to be cruising along until they met better competition....and looked lost again again the Lions.

Montgomery and Adams have good speed, but they just aren't as physical as Nelson. I think that's what they are missing in the WR dept.