From one of the hatersz

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay is playing the best football of his career right now.

He's been moving around the pocket damn well, and is even managing to not turn the ball over. Hopefully he'll be able to carry this play out for the rest of the season.

Boooooo. You suck!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think there a shot for that.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one can answer the question why would he leave? He's had offers but turned them down. So just saying he'll be a head coach doesn't make sense.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

He turned head coaching jobs down? I know he interviewed for them but didn't know he turned any down. Thought he just didn't get them.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
He turned head coaching jobs down? I know he interviewed for them but didn't know he turned any down. Thought he just didn't get them.
I don't think he turned them down either. The 49ers job was his but the front office wanted to keep tomasula (sp) and Gase wanted Fangio.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Despite some of the things I'll say, long-term Cutler fanboy here.

To me, it's frustrating as hell that it took so long to get this Jay Cutler to play for the Bears. There was a glimpse of it in 2011 prior to his injury, but I think this particular Cutler model is even better than that one.

Part of me feels like it's an indictment on Cutler that he needed what seems to be the perfect OC to bring this type of play out of him. Or perhaps credit goes to Cutler finally "getting it" and changing some aspect of his approach that has led to him playing like this. More film study? More playbook study? Better communication between Cutler, the coaches, and the other offensive players? Hard to pinpoint exactly what it is. And, of course, there is the concern about what happens to Cutler's play should Gase leave town.

But the Bears have a quarterback playing pretty well right now, and it's about goddam time, because I'm loving every second of it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. He's definitely been playing much better over the last 6 games. He's actually been consistent.

But I wanna see it happen over a longer period of time before I'm completely sold.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He turned down the 49ers job.

That was an easy job to turn down. Once Harbaugh left, they started to fall apart

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Despite some of the things I'll say, long-term Cutler fanboy here.

To me, it's frustrating as hell that it took so long to get this Jay Cutler to play for the Bears. There was a glimpse of it in 2011 prior to his injury, but I think this particular Cutler model is even better than that one.

Part of me feels like it's an indictment on Cutler that he needed what seems to be the perfect OC to bring this type of play out of him. Or perhaps credit goes to Cutler finally "getting it" and changing some aspect of his approach that has led to him playing like this. More film study? More playbook study? Better communication between Cutler, the coaches, and the other offensive players? Hard to pinpoint exactly what it is. And, of course, there is the concern about what happens to Cutler's play should Gase leave town.

But the Bears have a quarterback playing pretty well right now, and it's about goddam time, because I'm loving every second of it.
Thought he played well during Trestman's first year but the amount of passing exposed his tendency to turn the ball over. Gase limits his attempts and forces defenses to play against the run which also helps.

Reactions: 1ke

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. He's definitely been playing much better over the last 6 games. He's actually been consistent.

But I wanna see it happen over a longer period of time before I'm completely sold.
and some significant wins over significant teams for some significant shit.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Jay is playing the best football of his career right now.

He's been moving around the pocket damn well, and is even managing to not turn the ball over. Hopefully he'll be able to carry this play out for the rest of the season.
When the CBMB was up, I remember (If I'm wrong I apologize) you being on the Orton side of the QB wars, but when Rex had a good game you'd always give him props. Always a stand up poster IMO.

Jay has a few more games this season like today, with Gase hopefully intact next year, I might take the first line out of my sig.

I stress......might.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
That was an easy job to turn down. Once Harbaugh left, they started to fall apart
Ok, so why would he take the job with the lions, browns, Dolphins, Titans, etc.

They're all in shit situations, so what makes them more desirable than the 49ers? It's not like the 49ers are lacking talent.

My point is that far more will go into Gase taking a HC job than just the offer. What he is rumored to want he has in Chicago. So someone, anyone make a legit case for _____ team or stfu!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, so why would he take the job with the lions, browns, Dolphins, Titans, etc.

They're all in shit situations, so what makes them more desirable than the 49ers? It's not like the 49ers are lacking talent.

My point is that far more will go into Gase taking a HC job than just the offer. What he is rumored to want he has in Chicago. So someone, anyone make a legit case for _____ team or stfu!

The Dolphins and Titats are actually lot more desirable because they're building whereas the 49ers were falling apart. If he goes to a shit team, he'll be part of the building process. If they suck the first year, fine. They are expected to go through growing pains. The 49ers were of the NFL's top teams just 2 years ago. If he joined them, he would have been part of the sinking ship and would have been part of the blame for them falling apart.