From one of the hatersz

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Thought he played well during Trestman's first year but the amount of passing exposed his tendency to turn the ball over. Gase limits his attempts and forces defenses to play against the run which also helps.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

By far, his lack of turnovers this season has been the best development of the season. Pretty sure his INT% will dip back under 2% after this game. It's never been that low in a season.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I think it's really honorable when some says something positive after their previous criticism. It shows no bias and a clear understanding for what many of us see atm.

Cutler is playing great ball and it'll be nice to see him and Gase continue this for years to come!

In no way do i see Gase leaving or us trading Cutler. Gase has a qb running his offense very well and a defensive coordinator that he believes in. He's only a few years away from inheriting this team with a GM who has done an amazing job at adding talent.

This is the perfect situation for Gase. Going to any of the shit teams who might make him a HC would not garuntee the current or projected future success.

I highly doubt Gase is a one year and "I'm out" kind of guy. Nor would he support a trade of a QB who's playing so well in the first year of his system. Anyone who suggests otherwise is jumping to conclusions.

Or drunk. Very likely they're drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
The Dolphins and Titats are actually lot more desirable because they're building whereas the 49ers were falling apart. If he goes to a shit team, he'll be part of the building process. If they suck the first year, fine. They are expected to go through growing pains. The 49ers were of the NFL's top teams just 2 years ago. If he joined them, he would have been part of the sinking ship and would have been part of the blame for them falling apart.
Do you really think that's all that would go into Gase's decision? It's really not that simple. Who's his defensive coordinator? Does he have say in the draft? Does he have say over roster cuts? Does he belive in their roster? Does he belive in their GM?

He's got cutler playing well, a rookie rb who looks like the future, a top wr in Alshon and a first round wr who could really open the field when he gets healthy. Also, he could inherit this team in a few years all with the above mentioned, a defensive coordinator he believes in and a GM who is doing a fantastic job.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you really think that's all that would go into Gase's decision? It's really not that simple. Who's his defensive coordinator? Does he have say in the draft? Does he have say over roster cuts? Does he belive in their roster? Does he belive in their GM?

He's got cutler playing well, a rookie rb who looks like the future, a top wr in Alshon and a first round wr who could really open the field when he gets healthy. Also, he could inherit this team in a few years all with the above mentioned, a defensive coordinator he believes in and a GM who is doing a fantastic job.

When did I ever say I thought Gase was leaving? I just said it's easy to see why he didn't take the 49ers job and that a job like the Titans or Dolphins would be more desirable.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
By far, his lack of turnovers this season has been the best development of the season. Pretty sure his INT% will dip back under 2% after this game. It's never been that low in a season.

I really think his pocket precense has been an even bigger improvement than the turnovers. He seemed to be so unaware of the pressure since about the 2011 season. Now it seems like he's feeling it better and sliding to the left or the right.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
When did I ever say I thought Gase was leaving? I just said it's easy to see why he didn't take the 49ers job and that a job like the Titans or Dolphins would be more desirable.
You're right. But the same question goes for anyone else who thinks he'll leave. I just don't see it and would love to see someone break down a situation that would be more desirable than his current one.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Might have been the best game I have ever seen him play.

he deserves every bit of slurping des and 3rd and pib will be doing this week.

For the first time in a long time, I am excited about this team. And a lot of that has to do with how he played today.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
When the CBMB was up, I remember (If I'm wrong I apologize) you being on the Orton side of the QB wars, but when Rex had a good game you'd always give him props. Always a stand up poster IMO.

Jay has a few more games this season like today, with Gase hopefully intact next year, I might take the first line out of my sig.

I stress......might.

Good memory.

Yes, I was one of the Ortong guys.

What I'm seeing right now is what I was hoping to see from cutler when the Bears traded for him.

Now I want to see him go up to Lambeau and play like this

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Might have been the best game I have ever seen him play.

he deserves every bit of slurping des and 3rd and pib will be doing this week.

For the first time in a long time, I am excited about this team. And a lot of that has to do with how he played today.

lol stfu and sit the fuck down somewhere. We all know the moment he plays bad you'll be doing an all 22 breakdown on how bad he was.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanksgiving will be the telling tale IMO
And the Packers have looked horrible the past 3 weeks so would seem to be setting up favorably for the Bears especially if the Packers get their 4th loss in a row against the Vikes next week.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He turned down the 49ers job.

San Francisco is a mess and Gase is no fool. If I was in his spot, I'd have to make six million or more per year to put up with the assholes that own the Niners.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
lol stfu and sit the fuck down somewhere. We all know the moment he plays bad you'll be doing an all 22 breakdown on how bad he was.

Someone is upset that I like i when the Bears win...

Now... Go fuck your dumb self.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Jay is playing the best football of his career right now.

He's been moving around the pocket damn well, and is even managing to not turn the ball over. Hopefully he'll be able to carry this play out for the rest of the season.

Amazing what competent play calling can do. Gase is awesome.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
This is the best I've seen #6 play QB in four years. It shows how much good or great coaching can harness talent. Let's see if he keeps it up against another boss defense in Denver, especially since with the built in storyline of the trade from six years ago and how well Jay and every other players can exploit the Pack's slump.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
San Francisco is a mess and Gase is no fool. If I was in his spot, I'd have to make six million or more per year to put up with the assholes that own the Niners.
But that doesn't mean the _____ team is a better job than what he currently has.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
This is the best I've seen #6 play QB in four years. It shows how much good or great coaching can harness talent. Let's see if he keeps it up against a boss defense in Denver, especially since with the built in storyline of the trade from six years ago and how well Jay and every other players can exploit the Pack's slump.

Yeah, because the Rams D is a bunch of scrubs. And that Bronco D looked boss vs the Smith led chiefs today.