Fromm slipping in the mock drafts...

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
dude is a quality clipboard holder and nothing else at the nfl level....2nd rnd pick is daf

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fromm doesn't have the arm strength but he's got a good brane from what I've read. Hard to improve your brane (see DSM), but you can improve your arm.

Have no idea if the kid ends up any good but he's got the right make up and he CAN read defenses. So I'd certainly do my homework on him. He's the type of player you look at 10 years from now and go, "remember when we though XYZ was too slow,short, weak armed, etc."? And the guy has been to the last 6 pro bowls or something....

Or he turns into Chase Daniel 2.0 ?‍♂️

Don't matter if you got the brane and don't got the nfl arm.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Some will point to brady/chad pennington, etc coming out having a meh arm, but its not the same.

Fromm aint accurate, which is the #1 most important quality for a qb imo, not "brane".

Much easier to teach a guy to read a field than teach a guy how to make pinpoint throws on 3rd down into a window.

If he's there with our comp 4th rounder i'd take him. Any higher and its a no thank you.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Some will point to brady/chad pennington, etc coming out having a meh arm, but its not the same.

Fromm aint accurate, which is the #1 most important quality for a qb imo, not "brane".

Much easier to teach a guy to read a field than teach a guy how to make pinpoint throws on 3rd down into a window.

If he's there with our comp 4th rounder i'd take him. Any higher and its a no thank you.

Except he’s number 5 all time in the SEC for completion % and #10 all time in the SEC for passer rating...let’s not just make up things about the guy. Does it translate to the NFL, I don’t know. The guy also doesn’t turn the ball over 78tds and 18ints

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except he’s number 5 all time in the SEC for completion % and #10 all time in the SEC for passer rating...let’s not just make up things about the guy. Does it translate to the NFL, I don’t know. The guy also doesn’t turn the ball over 78tds and 18ints

Lol? I'm making things up? You realize he didn't have a completion percentage over 48.3% for 5 straight weeks at the end of his college career, right?

Did you ever watch him play, or just look at stats? Because the guy misses open guys a lot, has a week arm that makes the "mitch cant throw left" thing look like a joke, and has super inconsistent deep ball accuracy.

Once again, the dude has the branes, but he isn't accurate. No accurate qb posts 5 straight weeks of piss poor accuracy.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Fromm is accurate enough, but I hate using completion percentage as a metric of accuracy. It's possible he had some great receivers who caught his terrible passes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think Fromm is accurate enough, but I hate using completion percentage as a metric of accuracy. It's possible he had some great receivers who caught his terrible passes.

Anyone who's supposedly a top 5-6 prospect in the nfl draft better be "accurate enough".

You break his tape down and there is a lot to NOT like as far as accuracy goes. There obviously is a lot to like as well.

Like I said, 2nd round imo is too high for the guy. That would be an overdraft to me just based on college success. He's more of a mid round prospect, and if he's there at our 4th round comp I would love him.

He can develop into an nfl qb but I doubt he'll ever be anything special. Just doesn't have the talent.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol? I'm making things up? You realize he didn't have a completion percentage over 48.3% for 5 straight weeks at the end of his college career, right?

Did you ever watch him play, or just look at stats? Because the guy misses open guys a lot, has a week arm that makes the "mitch cant throw left" thing look like a joke, and has super inconsistent deep ball accuracy.

Once again, the dude has the branes, but he isn't accurate. No accurate qb posts 5 straight weeks of piss poor accuracy.

So 5 weeks defines his capabilities, not his entire 3 year career? Riiiiight. Yes, I watch a ton of SEC football...I’m a Tennessee fan. Again, I’m not claiming Fromm is some stud...just saying accuracy wise...he’s pretty damn solid as evidenced by his CAREER numbers. And even in that horrible 5 game stretch you mentioned, Georgia went 4-1(loss was to LSU) and Fromm had 11td and 2int(both against LSU)

msadows

Liked Posts:
So 5 weeks defines his capabilities, not his entire 3 year career? Riiiiight. Yes, I watch a ton of SEC football...I’m a Tennessee fan. Again, I’m not claiming Fromm is some stud...just saying accuracy wise...he’s pretty damn solid as evidenced by his CAREER numbers. And even in that horrible 5 game stretch you mentioned, Georgia went 4-1(loss was to LSU) and Fromm had 11td and 2int(both against LSU)

Every nfl qb prospect is solid accuracy wise.

Thats why they are an nfl prospect.

Go break down his tape, or have JT. O'Sullivan do it for you. Either way you see plenty of holes in his game. Plenty.

Stats don't always matter in college. Thats been proven in the past and its been proven now. Yes, it is an indicator of play, but actually seeing a players play by play mechanics is much more important.

You break his film down, and its more ugly than nice.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Every nfl qb prospect is solid accuracy wise.

Thats why they are an nfl prospect.

Go break down his tape, or have JT. O'Sullivan do it for you. Either way you see plenty of holes in his game. Plenty.

Never said he doesn’t have holes....way to move the goalposts

msadows

Liked Posts:
Never said he doesn’t have holes....way to move the goalposts

I said he's not accurate. Which he isn't. For a college qb, yes, he is.

Most college QB's have a good completion percentage in college because a lot of stat padding goes on with short throws. It's the way the nfl is moving now.

I guess Jimmy G is the one of the most accurate qb's in the nfl now considering he was 4th in the NFL in completion percentage....but wait, he was also near the bottom in intended air yards.

Like I tell remy every time I have a discussion with the dude, stats don't tell the whole story. You need to do a combination of both.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
In the third - fourth round? Maybe. Second round? Hard pass. He makes Mitch’s noodle arm look like Patrick Mahomes.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see this as a win/win.

If Pace drafts a Qb in the 2nd and they are a complete disaster - he gets fired.

If Pace drafts a Qb in the 2nd and they are good, we're all happy.

With that said, I have no opinion of Fromm or really any of the QBs in this draft besides Burrow. Never envisioned the Bears having a shot at drafting a starter so never paid attention to them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
In the third - fourth round? Maybe. Second round? Hard pass. He makes Mitch’s noodle arm look like Patrick Mahomes.

It has nothing to do with arm.

Watson has a noodle arm too, sort of. Not as bad as fromm, but it was one of his biggest question marks coming out.

Plenty of QB's have been successful in the nfl without a good arm.

And btw, i understand you're just a shit poster now, but mitch actually has a decent cannon for an nfl starter. His arm strength is the least of his worries.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I see this as a win/win.

If Pace drafts a Qb in the 2nd and they are a complete disaster - he gets fired.

If Pace drafts a Qb in the 2nd and they are good, we're all happy.

With that said, I have no opinion of Fromm or really any of the QBs in this draft besides Burrow. Never envisioned the Bears having a shot at drafting a starter so never paid attention to them.

Im okay with drafting a qb in the second round but the only names in the discussion would be Jordan Love if he falls or Jacob Eason.

Love more than likely is going in the top 15 now tho, and Eason looks like he would be gone early 2nd at the latest if not the first.

Fromm/Hurts are overdrafts there.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Im okay with drafting a qb in the second round but the only names in the discussion would be Jordan Love if he falls or Jacob Eason.

Love more than likely is going in the top 15 now tho, and Eason looks like he would be gone early 2nd at the latest if not the first.

Fromm/Hurts are overdrafts there.

I just don't get the Fromm love at all. I know that college stats are not the end all be all of what makes a QB a good NFL Player (if that was the case every Texas Tech and Hawaii QB would be Hall of Famers) but Fromm's stats just don't pass the smell test for me.

In this modern day college football, with Alabama and LSU just scoring points until the cows come home, then why was Fromm only averaging 200 yards a game on 28 Attempts? He was asked to be a game manager for 3 straight years and I think the reason behind that is Kirby knew this kid didn't have "IT" to sling it 40+ times a game. With Georgia's talent at O-line, RB and WR the past couple of years, why in the heck would they not sling it all over the field (a la Bama, LSU). Fromm is best suited as a game manager but he isn't going to go out there and win you the game with his arm. There is a reason that Georgia wasted all that talent and continued to come in 2nd fiddle to Bama...Kirby went with the game manager instead of the better arm talent (Eason/Fields).

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would hope so. Fromm didnt pass much. Georgia is a run and defense team

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It has nothing to do with arm.

Watson has a noodle arm too, sort of. Not as bad as fromm, but it was one of his biggest question marks coming out.

Plenty of QB's have been successful in the nfl without a good arm.

And btw, i understand you're just a shit poster now, but mitch actually has a decent cannon for an nfl starter. His arm strength is the least of his worries.
This made me laugh. Surely you mean in terms of just arm strength, which isn’t that great anyways but besides the point, because if you include accuracy, touch, ability to throw somebody open, his arm is pretty shit.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Based on the combine results he's a smaller (6'2, 219lb), tiny handed (8-7/8) slow (5.01 40 time) QB who does not throw a good deep ball.

His film and college film looks good, but there are certain areas where each athlete for there respective position has to have a certain level of physical ability.

It's at a point where I'm unsure he can be a realistic long term starter for a team. If someone is going to be non-athletic they need to make all the throws. For Fromm he can't do that, meaning teams will jump short routes and overplay the run.