Fromm slipping in the mock drafts...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Except he’s number 5 all time in the SEC for completion % and #10 all time in the SEC for passer rating...let’s not just make up things about the guy. Does it translate to the NFL, I don’t know. The guy also doesn’t turn the ball over 78tds and 18ints

SEC career Completion percentage leaders:

RkPlayerPctFromToSchool
1Joe Burrow*68.520152019LSU
2Tim Couch67.119961998Kentucky
3A.J. McCarron*66.920102013Alabama
4Tim Tebow*66.420062009Florida
5Jake Fromm*63.320172019Georgia

SEC career passer efficency leaders:

RkPlayerRateFromToSchool
1Tua Tagovailoa*199.420172019Alabama
2Joe Burrow*173.220152019LSU
3Tim Tebow*170.820062009Florida
4Johnny Manziel*164.120122013Texas A&M
5Danny Wuerffel163.619931996Florida
6A.J. McCarron*162.520102013Alabama
7Aaron Murray*158.620102013Georgia
8Ryan Mallett*158.120072010Arkansas
9Jordan Ta'amu156.820172018Ole Miss
10Jake Fromm*156.220172019Georgia

Zero probowls among that entire group.

The two stats you cherry picked to win us over has a horrible history of producing quality NFL caliber QBs. Hell I'd make an argument that the best pros on that list are probably Burrows and Tua, but that's only because they haven't had a chance to fail yet!

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
SEC career Completion percentage leaders:

RkPlayerPctFromToSchool
1Joe Burrow*68.520152019LSU
2Tim Couch67.119961998Kentucky
3A.J. McCarron*66.920102013Alabama
4Tim Tebow*66.420062009Florida
5Jake Fromm*63.320172019Georgia

SEC career passer efficency leaders:

RkPlayerRateFromToSchool
1Tua Tagovailoa*199.420172019Alabama
2Joe Burrow*173.220152019LSU
3Tim Tebow*170.820062009Florida
4Johnny Manziel*164.120122013Texas A&M
5Danny Wuerffel163.619931996Florida
6A.J. McCarron*162.520102013Alabama
7Aaron Murray*158.620102013Georgia
8Ryan Mallett*158.120072010Arkansas
9Jordan Ta'amu156.820172018Ole Miss
10Jake Fromm*156.220172019Georgia

Zero probowls among that entire group.

The two stats you cherry picked to win us over has a horrible history of producing quality NFL caliber QBs. Hell I'd make an argument that the best pros on that list are probably Burrows and Tua, but that's only because they haven't had a chance to fail yet!

I’m not trying to “win anyone over.” I simply stated that he had a high completion % and was efficient. Nothing more. It was in response to someone else saying he isn’t accurate. I should know better than to state actual facts in the bears forum, though...now I’m some jake Fromm fanboy for pointing out someone else’s comment being incorrect

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said he's not accurate. Which he isn't. For a college qb, yes, he is.

Most college QB's have a good completion percentage in college because a lot of stat padding goes on with short throws. It's the way the nfl is moving now.

I guess Jimmy G is the one of the most accurate qb's in the nfl now considering he was 4th in the NFL in completion percentage....but wait, he was also near the bottom in intended air yards.

Like I tell remy every time I have a discussion with the dude, stats don't tell the whole story. You need to do a combination of both.

How is he not accurate then?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just don't get the Fromm love at all. I know that college stats are not the end all be all of what makes a QB a good NFL Player (if that was the case every Texas Tech and Hawaii QB would be Hall of Famers) but Fromm's stats just don't pass the smell test for me.

In this modern day college football, with Alabama and LSU just scoring points until the cows come home, then why was Fromm only averaging 200 yards a game on 28 Attempts? He was asked to be a game manager for 3 straight years and I think the reason behind that is Kirby knew this kid didn't have "IT" to sling it 40+ times a game. With Georgia's talent at O-line, RB and WR the past couple of years, why in the heck would they not sling it all over the field (a la Bama, LSU). Fromm is best suited as a game manager but he isn't going to go out there and win you the game with his arm. There is a reason that Georgia wasted all that talent and continued to come in 2nd fiddle to Bama...Kirby went with the game manager instead of the better arm talent (Eason/Fields).

Sophomore year he had nfl talent at WR, last year he did not. WR was actually a weakness for Georgia last year

msadows

Liked Posts:
How is he not accurate then?

Because there is a difference between having a nice completion percentage and being accurate on NFL throws.

He can't do the second.

Nearly every NFL prospect has a decent completion percentage.

Like I said, watch the JT O Sullivan video. I'd rather judge players by what I see with my eyes than blankly look at stats like remy does. Stats lie, a LOT.

I guess you think tim tebow is accurate now too?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because there is a difference between having a nice completion percentage and being accurate on NFL throws.

He can't do the second.

Nearly every NFL prospect has a decent completion percentage.

Like I said, watch the JT O Sullivan video. I'd rather judge players by what I see with my eyes than blankly look at stats like remy does. Stats lie, a LOT.

I guess you think tim tebow is accurate now too?

I’ve watched a lot of Fromm over the last few years. Accuracy isn’t the issue with him

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I’m not trying to “win anyone over.” I simply stated that he had a high completion % and was efficient. Nothing more. It was in response to someone else saying he isn’t accurate. I should know better than to state actual facts in the bears forum, though...now I’m some jake Fromm fanboy for pointing out someone else’s comment being incorrect
I'm a big fan of facts. Actually my facts were just expanding a bit on your facts and putting them into context. Afterall he's a football prospect, so what's up for debate is how he translates to the next level.

You can like whomever you want. That's an opinion, which we are all untitled too. That however does not mean others have to agree with you. I'd recommend using facts to make a case, but like my response showed, it's important to know what's behind the numbers.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm a big fan of facts. Actually my facts were just expanding a bit on your facts and putting them into context. Afterall he's a football prospect, so what's up for debate is how he translates to the next level.

You can like whomever you want. That's an opinion, which we are all untitled too. That however does not mean others have to agree with you. I'd recommend using facts to make a case, but like my response showed, it's important to know what's behind the numbers.

I never claimed that the facts = him being a great prospect. It’s two stats among hundreds of stats to take into account. Again, I’m not claiming he should be a high draft pick...so I’m not sure what your point is. Someone else said he isn’t accurate...so I pointed out his really high accuracy numbers. Nothing more

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Having watched every UGA game, accuracy isn’t his issue. UGA wins with a running offense with excellent OL blocking, and defense. Take a look at their receivers last year. And the few years before that. Wims and Ridley were 2 of their top targets, and they can’t crack the top 3 on the Bears, and our WR corps ain’t the best in the league.

Fromm’s issues are his limited mobility and athletic traits. He is very cerebral though, like many other QBs like him who had great careers. Doesn’t mean he will have one though. His issues on the Bears will be the OL and offense we run. But, he could do well on the Cowboys for example. I think he is Alex Smith, and if we draft him in the 2nd I wouldn’t be too upset with it. At worst he’s a very good backup on a rookie deal. I just don’t think he’d fit with the offense though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Watch JT O Sullivans qb school tape on him and you'll think about throwing up at the idea of taking him with a 2nd round pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Small, slow with a weak arm is no way to go through life son!

He has tiny hands too.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I never claimed that the facts = him being a great prospect. It’s two stats among hundreds of stats to take into account. Again, I’m not claiming he should be a high draft pick...so I’m not sure what your point is. Someone else said he isn’t accurate...so I pointed out his really high accuracy numbers. Nothing more
Someone posted he is inaccurate because they think he's not that good. Ignoring the specific analysis that was the point he was trying to make.

When you counter that claim without providing the appropriate disclaimers it's assumed you are coming to defend his draft value. It sounds like you were not doing that, but you can see where someone would assume that, right?

Anyway, your post of him being accurate by being #5 in career SEC accuracy and #10 in career QB efficiency made me wonder 'what do each of these elite statistical crowds look like?'. As it turns out they are largely garbage that didn't work out in the NFL, which to me does not make a compelling argument that he will succeed.

Anyway, I just don't think Fromm will work out. So many positions have some hard NFL athletic barriers. For a corner it's the 40. If you are over 4.7 it's not going to work out. For tackles it's arm length. For Fromm it's how he throws his deep ball. It's too slow and inaccurate (just the deep ball) to threaten a defense. Add in all the other sub par athletic testing and I don't think his arm strength is about his throwing motion, but that he's just not physically able to pull it off.

I could see him being a great backup and maybe develop into a coach, but that's about it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Evidently not.

Right...because you have a differing opinion on his accuracy somehow = I didn’t actually watch as many Georgia games as I claim I have...tha fuck?! Grow up

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Watch JT O Sullivans qb school tape on him and you'll think about throwing up at the idea of taking him with a 2nd round pick.

I never said to use a 2nd round pick on the guy...now you’re just putting words in my mouth and making shit up...awesome

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Someone posted he is inaccurate because they think he's not that good. Ignoring the specific analysis that was the point he was trying to make.

When you counter that claim without providing the appropriate disclaimers it's assumed you are coming to defend his draft value. It sounds like you were not doing that, but you can see where someone would assume that, right?

Anyway, your post of him being accurate by being #5 in career SEC accuracy and #10 in career QB efficiency made me wonder 'what do each of these elite statistical crowds look like?'. As it turns out they are largely garbage that didn't work out in the NFL, which to me does not make a compelling argument that he will succeed.

Anyway, I just don't think Fromm will work out. So many positions have some hard NFL athletic barriers. For a corner it's the 40. If you are over 4.7 it's not going to work out. For tackles it's arm length. For Fromm it's how he throws his deep ball. It's too slow and inaccurate (just the deep ball) to threaten a defense. Add in all the other sub par athletic testing and I don't think his arm strength is about his throwing motion, bit that he's just not physically able to pull it off.

K so again you’re saying things I never said. A guy can be extremely accurate and not pan out in the nfl. If anything the evidence shows EXACTLY that. So again, you’re arguing things I never said. All I said is he’s an accurate passer.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Based on the combine results he's a smaller (6'2, 219lb), tiny handed (8-7/8) slow (5.01 40 time) QB who does not throw a good deep ball.

His film and college film looks good, but there are certain areas where each athlete for there respective position has to have a certain level of physical ability.

It's at a point where I'm unsure he can be a realistic long term starter for a team. If someone is going to be non-athletic they need to make all the throws. For Fromm he can't do that, meaning teams will jump short routes and overplay the run.

He should replace Wentz

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
K so again you’re saying things I never said. A guy can be extremely accurate and not pan out in the nfl. If anything the evidence shows EXACTLY that. So again, you’re arguing things I never said. All I said is he’s an accurate passer.
So you were just pointing out that someone else's point was inaccurate? Not trying to make a point, just being a D?

And then you got all butthurt when I did that to you?

Seems like you can dish it, but can't take it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even if Fromm could be good, I don't think he'd be good in Chicago. I have zero faith in this organization to groom a QB into a stud. Why am I still a fan of this team?