I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So you were just pointing out that someone else's point was inaccurate? Not trying to make a point, just being a D?

And then you got all butthurt when I did that to you?

Seems like you can dish it, but can't take it.

No, you’re simply claiming things that I did not say. So I am stating that you are doing so. If that makes you feel that I’m butthurt, then so be it. Could care less what you think.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Watch JT O Sullivans qb school tape on him and you'll think about throwing up at the idea of taking him with a 2nd round pick.

Don’t need to. I’ve watched every game start to finish. I’m not saying he’s gonna be a great QB, I said I think he’s Alex Smith and at worst be a solid backup QB, which is valuable in its own right (see Chase Daniel). I want to go BPA in round 2. Fromm didn’t have a lot of help at WR his whole college career. That’s a fact. I’ve seen more tape of him than you have, I would imagine. It’s like picking out a highlight reel and saying that guy is going to be a stud without having watched more than a handful of games.

I just don’t think he would fit with our offense unless the scheme radically changes. Mitch will be the starter, so I would rather they use the picks to bolster the offense around him. Fromm may never be a great QB (none of us know), but I think he is being very underrated.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve watched a lot of Fromm over the last few years. Accuracy isn’t the issue with him

The fuck it isnt? If Georgia couldn't control the game via the run and they were against a compent team it was instant death. Fromm couldn't hit certain throws. Outside? Nah. Hitches? Nope. Anything past an intermediate route? Lol. The moment he "won" that competition over Eason was the moment Georgia was done

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I don't like Fromm. I haven't been a fan of his. I just think the Bears would have more ability to get a good QB prospect if they waited until they have a 1st round pick. I think they can get immediate starters with those 2 second round picks and draft a QB later, who has similar potential as Fromm.

Have to go digging every year until you either find a Tom Brady late in the draft or have a first round pick in the top half of the first round. After this Bitchell debacle I'm not sure I'd let pace trade up ever again.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The fuck it isnt? If Georgia couldn't control the game via the run and they were against a compent team it was instant death. Fromm couldn't hit certain throws. Outside? Nah. Hitches? Nope. Anything past an intermediate route? Lol. The moment he "won" that competition over Eason was the moment Georgia was done

Really? I guess Notre dame Baylor and Florida were terrible last year huh?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

That’s simply not true.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really? I guess Notre dame Baylor and Florida were terrible last year huh?
No bit they didn't have a stacked roster like Georgia's

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Fromm’s problem is his lack of mobility. He’s always played behind an elite OL. He wouldn’t have that in Chicago, I don’t believe. But he’s also never had an elite WR corps. In the right scheme, Fromm can help his team win, as he did consistently in the best conference in the country for 3 years.

Who knows, I just want the Bears to keep trying until they get the QB position right more than once per century.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
What is the obsession someof you have with a qb in the 2nd? This team needs starters on the oline and secondary or tight end with thoss picks. A developmental qb in the 2nd makes no sense when the it's likely the regime drafting him wont be around. It will be a completely wasted pick like Rosen.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I’m in the “not Mitch” camp but this guy seems like a dud

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No, you’re simply claiming things that I did not say. So I am stating that you are doing so. If that makes you feel that I’m butthurt, then so be it. Could care less what you think.
You don't care what I think, but feel compelled to reply.

Okay...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t see Fromm amounting to much.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I was originally OK with Fromm but after more analysis I don't think he has the arm for Chicago.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fromm slipping in the mock drafts...

Sounds like a perfect Pace yearly reach !!

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL.... JT O’Sullivan..... now THAT was an inaccurate QB.

You don't need to be a good qb to understand proper mechanics and technique.

I'd venture to bet jt osullivan knows more about football than everyone combined on this fucking forum.

BTW, his completion percentage in college was higher than Fromm's 2019.

Pretty sad, huh?

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
K so again you’re saying things I never said. A guy can be extremely accurate and not pan out in the nfl. If anything the evidence shows EXACTLY that. So again, you’re arguing things I never said. All I said is he’s an accurate passer.

He's still not extremely accurate.

He struggles on deep ball accuracy. He floats balls to the sidelines. He's good in the short game.

You can find plenty of nfl prospects who have everything listed above, but with better arms.

Completion percentage is a garbage stat. A lot of times it is a result of the scheme and not the player. Like I said, clearly Tim Tebow is accurate as well right? Because his stats back it up.

Then you watch him play and you realize he doesn't have the arm to be an nfl pro. That is the same story with Fromm. He can't make the big boy throws.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's still not extremely accurate.

He struggles on deep ball accuracy. He floats balls to the sidelines. He's good in the short game.

You can find plenty of nfl prospects who have everything listed above, but with better arms.

Completion percentage is a garbage stat. A lot of times it is a result of the scheme and not the player. Like I said, clearly Tim Tebow is accurate as well right? Because his stats back it up.

Then you watch him play and you realize he doesn't have the arm to be an nfl pro. That is the same story with Fromm. He can't make the big boy throws.

He also didn’t have “big boy” receivers. Again, I’m not claiming Fromm is some stud. But, if the bears were to draft him in the 4th round...I won’t complain either. Pace claimed he would draft a qb every year, right? He hasn’t done that. Until you get the right guy, you have to keep drafting qb’s. Drafting a qb once every 5 years or so hasn’t worked for the organization.