Fromm slipping in the mock drafts...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Just when we thought 6 QBs were going in the first, many mocks I follow now have Fromm slipping to the middle 2nd or later.

Apparently concerns about athleticism hurt him at the combine when he ran slowly as well as arm strength.

Film review showed a smart QB who understood the field and can distribute.

A smart QB who can read the field, change the defense and distribute, but doesn't have a monster arm. Sounds about right for a west coast offense.

I am still not convinced he slides that much, only because he is a QB, and those guys just don't slide much anymore, but if he makes it to pick 40 gentleman start your engines..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just take Morgan or Gordon later when you aren't drafting likely starters anyway. A bigger arm than Fromm that early or pass. He may be great in a southern conference or dome but not the right pick for us that early.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm not following the QB buyer's guide, who's the top guy that we should aspire for the Chicago Bears to draft? or do we use the excuse that THIS QB class sucks balls and we need to wait until 2024 to draft someone or something to that effect?

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yep. They need immediate starters with those 2 second round picks, not a gamble at QB in round 2. Get a vet in free agency and draft a guy late in this draft. Then, when you have a first round pick next draft, see what happens with QB projections for the 2021 draft in round 1 and 2.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not following the QB buyer's guide, who's the top guy that we should aspire for the Chicago Bears to draft? or do we use the excuse that THIS QB class sucks balls and we need to wait until 2024 to draft someone or something to that effect?
I don't like Fromm. I haven't been a fan of his. I just think the Bears would have more ability to get a good QB prospect if they waited until they have a 1st round pick. I think they can get immediate starters with those 2 second round picks and draft a QB later, who has similar potential as Fromm.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Class looks good. Draft position and needs are the qualifier.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fromm doesn't have the arm strength but he's got a good brane from what I've read. Hard to improve your brane (see DSM), but you can improve your arm.

Have no idea if the kid ends up any good but he's got the right make up and he CAN read defenses. So I'd certainly do my homework on him. He's the type of player you look at 10 years from now and go, "remember when we though XYZ was too slow,short, weak armed, etc."? And the guy has been to the last 6 pro bowls or something....

Or he turns into Chase Daniel 2.0 ?‍♂️

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I agree with many on here on Fromm. The fella is sloth-like slow, remarkably unathletic. Just can't see how he fits Nagy's style of offense. Say goodbye to any threat of the QB using his legs - the rpo or any designed runs, or movement of the pocket for that matter. He'd have at least a chance for a team like NE, but none for Nagy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree with many on here on Fromm. The fella is sloth-like slow, remarkably unathletic. Just can't see how he fits Nagy's style of offense. Say goodbye to any threat of the QB using his legs - the rpo or any designed runs, or movement of the pocket for that matter. He'd have at least a chance for a team like NE, but none for Nagy.

See this is my point. Mitch IS athletic and should fit Nagy's offense. He's also dumb as fuk... so it doesn't matter. Never underestimate the importance of not being dumb as fuk at the QB position.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fromm is not garbage but I think this O and location needs more leg and arm unless the OL becomes one of the better units in the NFL and then he will still be limited when the weather does it's thing here. To much other stuff to work through before he could become effective here.

I don't really like Hurts because he projects as Mitch part deux on reads but he'd actually be a better fit and it's not unheard of for QBs eventually getting it. Problem is that we're near the end of that phase with Mitch and if it continues on the current path, do we want to start that again?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Problem is that we're near the end of that phase with Mitch and if it continues on the current path, do we want to start that again?

Yes. Teams that aren't dumb as fuck and don't struggle finding a QB for 70 years would have someone in camp this year.

They wouldn't think twice about hurting Mitchell's feelings.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Fromm "slipping" to the 2nd? LOL

If he gets drafted before the 4th, someone reached...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. Teams that aren't dumb as fuck and don't struggle finding a QB for 70 years would have someone in camp this year.

They wouldn't think twice about hurting Mitchell's feelings.
Who said they shouldn't draft somebody? I hope they do and bring in a vet but for value or fit. Not just anybody but Mitch.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I figured after the combine that he'd slide because of his physical performance there. And while that's true, it ignores the fact that the combine is specifically a show of a physical skill that is clearly not his forte.

There's no combine for "reading defenses well" or "making the smart football play".