CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Breaking down the Breakdown of all 26 Jay Cutler Interceptions | Bear Goggles On | A Chicago Bears Blog

INT-by-opponent.jpg

Day-night-INT-split.jpg

home-away-ratio.jpg

INT-by-quarter.jpg

int-situation.jpg

int-by-down.jpg

int-by-target.jpg

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Those graphs are really interesting, particularly the one showing his home/away ratio on interceptions. I wonder if someone could find the ratio of home/away TDs he threw last year?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Just did a quick run through of nfl.com stats to answer my own question:

15 TDs at home, 12 on the road

The main thing I got out of looking at the game by game was that when Jay is good, he's very very good. When he's bad, ouch. Developing consistency with Martz will hopefully clean some of that up. The physical tools aren't a question.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bennett and Knox were targeted in 11 out of Jay's 26 INTs

hmmmm

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was surprised to see that only 3 of his ints were targeted at Hester considering he "has bad hands and can't run routes!"

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I was surprised to see that only 3 of his ints were targeted at Hester considering he "has bad hands and can't run routes!"

While I agree with where you're going...Cutler's throws have nothing to do with his hands or route running ability :)

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I agree with where you're going...Cutler's throws have nothing to do with his hands or route running ability :)

True, but INTs frequently occur when a receiver runs the wrong route, slips and falls, or the ball bounces off of his hands. I actually agree with the criticism of Hester that i posted in the previous posts, and that's why I was "surprised" to see that, given Hester's weaknesses more of the INT's weren't directed at him. :)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bennett was our most reliable receiver IMO and he came in second. Now Knox in first is definitely no surprise to me. Lets be honest with ourselves, even when the receivers were doing their jobs, Jay was throwing it into defensers bread baskets.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The most troubling graph would probably be the ones thrown would be when trailing. Obviously, with how many losses we saw last year we trailed way more than we led. Regardless, it isn't comforting to know that should we get behind will Cutler press the throws and risk more or will he stay cool and collected. I have complete faith and I think a second season in Chicago will benefit immensely.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
... Jay was throwing it into defenders bread baskets.

Very true. The one pie chart that's missing, and the one I would most like to see, would break down how many INTs were Cutler's fault and how many were the receivers' fault.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Last year was just a recipe for disaster. No running game+bad defense+inexperienced WRs...Cutler never stood a chance. Not making excuses for him but he could use some help

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree... I think many would agree as well. I think the offense could possibly be one of the best if they play as a team. Blocking is the building block... then the peripherals need to be there. I have zero doubt in Cutler, he can lead... he just has to want to do it as well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I didnt read the Jaws article but i remember him talking about it during one of our primetime games or maybe it was on ESPN and cant say i agree with him.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
More than 3 of the INTs were Cutler's fault...but man...idk how many times I saw him forced out of the pocket (inside 3 seconds), scramble, make a good throw to where a receiver SHOULD be, but not be....ugh...Knox is electric, but there's a reason he was a 5th round pick.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep, Knox was pretty damn bad at times. Im not too confident in him picking up Martz playbook, im just not but he was a rook...

Imagine if Cutler wasnt so athletic, he would have been the most sacked QB in the league...Throwing the ball away with every scramble didnt help either.

j11430

Liked Posts:
Yep, Knox was pretty damn bad at times. Im not too confident in him picking up Martz playbook, im just not but he was a rook...

Imagine if Cutler wasnt so athletic, he would have been the most sacked QB in the league...Throwing the ball away with every scramble didnt help either.

You can say Knox was bad, but he was a rookie. He picked up the offense as a rookie when he wasn't expected to play much, I expect he'll figure out martz's system out just fine.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
You can say Knox was bad, but he was a rookie. He picked up the offense as a rookie when he wasn't expected to play much, I expect he'll figure out martz's system out just fine.

agree

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah he was a rookie and he was also a 5th round pick for a reason. Would Knox have even seen much time if DA didnt hurt his quad in TC?

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I think the most telling "slice" would be the 3rd down picks. The lack of a running game and leaving the Cutler to work with 3rd and longs didn't help his case any.

Status
Not open for further replies.