Fuller... Am I the only one?!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Of all the things to complain about Fuller is not one of them.

Um, ok.

To be clear, I’m not saying he needs to press, because I agree he’s bad at that skill. I’m just pointing out and wondering why he can’t play 5 or 6 yards off-man rather than 8-10?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is 100% by design.

He might be one of the better off man CBs in the league. They are willing to give up some cheap stuff underneath, because he is a threat to pick the pass off when you throw it in front of him.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
It is 100% by design.

He might be one of the better off man CBs in the league. They are willing to give up some cheap stuff underneath, because he is a threat to pick the pass off when you throw it in front of him.

Except that that "cheap stuff" is too often 1st downs and sizeable gains. Last night on a crucial 4th and 1 for DC, he lines up 7 yards off. What do they do? Yep, too easy. I'm saying it's just TOO much cushion, especially when the offense needs to move the chains. Several times every game teams go at Fuller because of this.

Again, not asking for press man, I just wish he'd tighten up a little bit. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Except that that "cheap stuff" is too often 1st downs and sizeable gains. Last night on a crucial 4th and 1 for DC, he lines up 7 yards off. What do they do? Yep, too easy. I'm saying it's just TOO much cushion, especially when the offense needs to move the chains. Several times every game teams go at Fuller because of this.

Again, not asking for press man, I just wish he'd tighten up a little bit. I don't think it's too much to ask.
Dude give it up. He is a first team AllPro. He is pretty damn good. We get it you don’t like him.....NEXT

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He held opposing quarterbacks to the 3rd worst passer rating among all cornerbacks last season...some of you guys really have no idea what you're seeing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Crucial 4th down? They were up 2 TDs.

I am fine if the All Pro, league leader in interceptions, keeps doing what he is doing.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He held opposing quarterbacks to the 3rd worst passer rating among all cornerbacks last season...some of you guys really have no idea what you're seeing.
sure we are. we see a guy who can't defend close qtrs. it's why he gives up touchdowns from plays within the fifteen yard line, he can't actually defend. If he was so tough, why would QBs continue to challenge his play in the red zone? almost always his man.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think you're paying attention. In fact I don't think you're paying attention at all. Kyle Fuller has been one of the most targeted cornerbacks in the NFL the past three years...and he's still come out on top each season. You really need to learn football bud.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don't think you're paying attention. In fact I don't think you're paying attention at all. Kyle Fuller has been one of the most targeted cornerbacks in the NFL the past three years...and he's still come out on top each season. You really need to learn football bud.
most QBs don't challenge competent corners, ever notice that? that should be your only answer you need to know. in your own words, 'the most targeted' why? why would a great corner be challenged over another less qualified on a team? you live in denial.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I literally can't even. There really is no remedy for stupid.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
sure we are. we see a guy who can't defend close qtrs. it's why he gives up touchdowns from plays within the fifteen yard line, he can't actually defend. If he was so tough, why would QBs continue to challenge his play in the red zone? almost always his man.
Bwahahahahaha

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Appreciate knowing I'm not the only one who sees this, jc. What I find perplexing is how even a game like the loss to the Eagles in the wildcard, where Foles and Alshon went at Fuller again and again, getting first downs and large gains each and every time, this is still lost on folks. Kyle singlehandedly allowed Philly to convert over and over, leading to scoring drives. And he did this playing 10 yards off a WR he knows cannot beat him over the top, yet still kept giving Alshon the ONE THING he wanted most, 8-12 yard slants and curls. It played a huge factor in the game. Looking back at that game, anyone notice Alshon doing this on the other side of the field, against Prince? Nope, only against Kyle "Huge Cushion" Fuller, and it was there whenever they wanted it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy fucking hyperbole..."and it was there whenever they wanted it"...so pray tell...why did the Eagles only manage to beat us by us missing a FG...scoring a measly 16 points all game?

Some people seriously have no fucking clue what a legit all pro corner looks like. Do you morons think they don't ever give up plays at some point during the season?

Can someone please explain to me...how its possible for a cornerback to hold opposing quarterbacks to the 3rd worst passer rating in the NFL yet give up so many of these plays you're making up in your mind? Oh right. Its actually literally not possible.

After three consecutive seasons of balling out, one would think people would have finally learned what Fuller is and isn't at this point. Clearly I underestimated the power of stupidity.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Holy shit, what a thread lol

Just came in to read the carnage and say that I was nervous when Pace re-signed Fuller, but now I love the guy without reservations and count re-signing Fuller as a W for Pace.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Appreciate knowing I'm not the only one who sees this, jc. What I find perplexing is how even a game like the loss to the Eagles in the wildcard, where Foles and Alshon went at Fuller again and again, getting first downs and large gains each and every time, this is still lost on folks. Kyle singlehandedly allowed Philly to convert over and over, leading to scoring drives. And he did this playing 10 yards off a WR he knows cannot beat him over the top, yet still kept giving Alshon the ONE THING he wanted most, 8-12 yard slants and curls. It played a huge factor in the game. Looking back at that game, anyone notice Alshon doing this on the other side of the field, against Prince? Nope, only against Kyle "Huge Cushion" Fuller, and it was there whenever they wanted it.

I don’t say this often but You are a dumbass

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
most QBs don't challenge competent corners, ever notice that? that should be your only answer you need to know. in your own words, 'the most targeted' why? why would a great corner be challenged over another less qualified on a team? you live in denial.

The wealth of your ignorance astounds us

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He does what the scheme calls for. I’d rather let up a 3rd down than get burned for a TD which doesn’t happen to him often. If we get to 3rd with our pass rush and him playing off the line I will take that every time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So just for the sake of further digging that nail into the coffin. This is why Kyle Fuller is an off coverage cornerback.

Fuller-4Q-5min41sec.gif

Fuller-4Q-5min10sec.gif

You can thank him later for preventing a touchdown on consecutive plays...