Fuller... Am I the only one?!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Who struggles with his insistence (stop saying it's by design, for Pete's sake) on playing 8 - 10 yards off his man? Washington has and will continue to take advantage of that. If not for the illegal shift on DC on Kyle's not being in the same zip code as his man, Skins would have had a huge gain.

Yeah, he got the pick later, but teams (esp the good, well-coached ones, like the Eagles last year in playoffs) will take advantage of him. My main concern is that others do dirty work while he sits back in coverage allowing any/everything in front of him.

Seriously, if he's not comfortable with press man, why can't he play 4, 5, maybe even 7 yards off? What is the reason for allowing such a massive cushion in front of him? I always hated that in Lovie's cover 2 scheme but teams since then are more like GB and Rodgers, and will be more apt to take advantage of him. Why can't/don't coaches work with him, and demand tighter off-man coverage? Why is Fuller's off man SO far off?!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Naw. I can be happy, just not with Fuller's MORE than generous cushions. He just got raped again, no? You liking this?

Dude is an NFL corner, no? He can't stay with/handle WRs coming at him? When he's 8 yards off on 3rd and 2, that makes sense to you?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Naw. I can be happy, just not with Fuller's MORE than generous cushions. He just got raped again, no? You liking this?
Yep. I’m liking the Bears winning

Grape

Liked Posts:
Lol you actually think whether or not he gives up a cushion is his own choice?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Fuller can easily get twisted around when trying to play step for step with receivers. He knows he is best when keeping his man in front of him, reading the QB and breaking on the ball.

Yes it sucks, because opposing teams seem to do best when drinking and dunking the ball. But I'd rather have that then him getting burnt for a 70 yrd TD...

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
The reason Fuller plays off is because of our pass rush. Playing 10 yds off the ball gives him an advantage when the QB has pressure and has to dump the ball on a 1 or 2 count. It’s an excellent coverage when the pass rush gets there. The downside is when the pass rush is picked up and the receiver has time to make his cuts, especially on out or slants. It’s a percentage coverage that works because of our front 7.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Who struggles with his insistence (stop saying it's by design, for Pete's sake) on playing 8 - 10 yards off his man? Washington has and will continue to take advantage of that. If not for the illegal shift on DC on Kyle's not being in the same zip code as his man, Skins would have had a huge gain.

Yeah, he got the pick later, but teams (esp the good, well-coached ones, like the Eagles last year in playoffs) will take advantage of him. My main concern is that others do dirty work while he sits back in coverage allowing any/everything in front of him.

Seriously, if he's not comfortable with press man, why can't he play 4, 5, maybe even 7 yards off? What is the reason for allowing such a massive cushion in front of him? I always hated that in Lovie's cover 2 scheme but teams since then are more like GB and Rodgers, and will be more apt to take advantage of him. Why can't/don't coaches work with him, and demand tighter off-man coverage? Why is Fuller's off man SO far off?!

This was by design in the 2nd half.

All those yards were garbage time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of all the things to complain about Fuller is not one of them.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
You are the only one. Fuller an all Pro corner is a read and react CB. You cant read and react in trail.

Last edited:

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:

Yes....you don't understand football at all.