Fun bad….

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears heading for fun bad? So bad you actually start rooting for it, just to see how bad it can get. I mean, it would mean that the team has quit on Nagy, but I’m beginning to wonder if that’s already building….

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, unfortunately Nagy isn't entertaining enough to be fun bad.
This. I also feel like the bottom isn't likely to fall out like you normally get with "fun bad" teams. What is very likely is a whole lot of bad, slow, low scoring football games.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t root for bad even if it gets a shitty coach or gm fired

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are the Bears heading for fun bad? So bad you actually start rooting for it, just to see how bad it can get. I mean, it would mean that the team has quit on Nagy, but I’m beginning to wonder if that’s already building….
They’re .500

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This. I also feel like the bottom isn't likely to fall out like you normally get with "fun bad" teams. What is very likely is a whole lot of bad, slow, low scoring football games.

Yep.

When I think of fun-bad, I think of when Cutler was the QB, and it was vs the Rams, and the Bears end up on back to back to back to back plays commit penalties putting them at first and 45, the broadcast announcers laughing saying that the Bears have mastered the reverse offense, only for Cutler to hit a long bomb and actually CONVERT 1st and 45, only to then go 3 and out on the next series.

THAT is fun-bad.

We don't have that dynamic. And whats frustrating, is that while still not near a superbowl, I DO think we have the talent to be a low end playoff team and steal the occasional playoff game, but Nagy is robbing us of that with his stupidity.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, this is far from the first time the Bears have put me in the position of wanting them to win, but knowing if they do the below average coach will get a new contract and prolong the misery.
the only conclusion I can come up with is this is what the team wants: mediocracy. Good enough to keep people interested, but not good enough to be a contender….the Bill Wirtz strategy….

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm tempted to bring paper bags to wear in Tampa if they suck too much.
Behold the "Nagy Baggy".

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think the 1997 Bears were pretty bad.

has it really sunk to that level? even the 3-13 2016 Bears weren't that bad.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
2014 bears were fun bad in my opinion. Shit was hilarious.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I have a saying: Maximum Bears. It's when you've fucked up so bad that you've out-fucked yourself.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Nah I don't even find the Bears entertaining, tbh I haven't for years. I just watch out of inertia at this point. They make me roll my eyes more than cheer. NFL in general is such a bad product, annoying commercials every 2 minutes isn't the half of it. when you add terrible Bears teams into the mix that you know can't compete with the elite, football has become my 3rd most watchable sport after White Sox baseball

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
NVM, this is fun bad for me. Anyone else?