Furniture Shopping

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Finally arrived , the last piece of furniture. 4 month wait
They sent us a note a month ago or so saying it would arrive the first week of December!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I spoke to a home builder about this and he told me there was a lag in everything because purchasers of lumber that sold it to builders had their cost built in when they bought it so it would take awhile to see the fall in prices because they had to work through the costs they were experiencing previously. Also they mentioned that sometimes it was customary to just leave prices at a higher watermark even after they came down, because profit.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I spoke to a home builder about this and he told me there was a lag in everything because purchasers of lumber that sold it to builders had their cost built in when they bought it so it would take awhile to see the fall in prices because they had to work through the costs they were experiencing previously. Also they mentioned that sometimes it was customary to just leave prices at a higher watermark even after they came down, because profit.
Well that I believe, but I feel like they would absolutely need to lower prices eventually as people like me were not buying lumber because of the price.

I won't be surprised if it never goes back to 2019 prices (and it probably won't), so at some point I'll budge.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well that I believe, but I feel like they would absolutely need to lower prices eventually as people like me were not buying lumber because of the price.

I won't be surprised if it never goes back to 2019 prices (and it probably won't), so at some point I'll budge.
I think we will see it fall some, but I also think that you are correct that the low point won't be what it was before.

It will just be a built in cost to everything lumber related going forward.