Gabriel: Ryan Pace is proving to be a worthy General Manager

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No. What I was saying is that I have an uneasy feeling that Pace would pass up those players if they were available to draft someone who should be a couple spots down the Big Board. Of course I wouldn't fault him if he didn;t draft those players if it weren't available.

Yeah, but you pretty much said that if they didn't draft Beasley, and say draft Waynes, that it would be bad. 3 of the 4 guys you like probably won't be there at #7, Beasley is the player most likely there.

I'll tell you what, there's a good chance you will be disappointed, cuz Waynes could be an immediate starter for the Bears while Beasley could be anywhere from 2nd - 4th in a deep OLB rotation.

Having said that, I like Beasley and wouldn't be mad if we draft him. This is where seeing an actual draft, and what Fox, Gase, and Fangio think the best player for the Bears will be. I won't even be surprised if we draft Marriota.

The one thing I will say is if Williams is there at #7, I probably will be mad if we don't take him, as I think he's a prototypical 5 tech in Fangio's defense. I just don't think he'll be there.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm not looking to crown anyone's as that's for sure. I too was fooled by Emery and the coaching staff last year, although I was a big proponant that we should have fired Tucker earlier in the year. I even said that Tucker not being fired could cost Trestman his job, and it did.

In the end, Tress didn't have the Balls to do what needed to be done, and that was fire Tucker's ass, who absolutely ruined the Bears defense. I wonder now if that was supported or even came from Emery, as I didn't expect Emery to be fired.

But looking back at it now, it was a complete clusterfuck all the way around. I was never a fan of the Bears becoming an offensive team. I just don't believe in that. I believe in a balanced team, but I believe that defense wins championships.

That's why I'm starting to like what Pace has done. He did what the Bears have never done before..... hire a coach with actual head coaching experience. I think the staff he and Fox have assembled is the best staff we've seen before (Buddy and Ditka were kinda different).

And like I said, his moves so far show that they want to win now, and that's exactly what I want to see. I also want to see the Bears run the ball and play good defense again. Pace has also been very patient in FA'cy. The bottom line is I like what I'm seeing.

I agree completely the coaching staff was a major homerun and is exactly what this franchise needs right now.
but the marshall trade was mind boggling the value was insanely shitty
as far as the fa pickups go meh we will see but nothing too write home about imo
lets hope his drafting is good and a sign of great things to come but like I said we really wont know anything for a few years about the guy and even then there are factors like getting his scouting setup ect ect that are gonna come into play

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I agree completely the coaching staff was a major homerun and is exactly what this franchise needs right now.
but the marshall trade was mind boggling the value was insanely shitty
as far as the fa pickups go meh we will see but nothing too write home about imo
lets hope his drafting is good and a sign of great things to come but like I said we really wont know anything for a few years about the guy and even then there are factors like getting his scouting setup ect ect that are gonna come into play

I know Marshall usually gets himself into top physical condition, but he has had a couple of hip surgeries, and he was banged up pretty bad last year. I don't think the team got great value for Brandon, but I don't think I'm alone when I say those injuries are going to keep piling up for a physical guy like him. Again, I think the team will miss Brandon on the field, but when you add it all up, I can see why Pace moved him.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Has it been confirmed anywhere if the 7th that went with Marshall is this year's or next years ? SB nation has us still picking in the 7 th in their draft order post compensatory picks.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has it been confirmed anywhere if the 7th that went with Marshall is this year's or next years ? SB nation has us still picking in the 7 th in their draft order post compensatory picks.

I cant link anything but I remeber Fox saying in a recent interview that Marshall plus a 7th for the Jets 5th equaled a 6th, in layman's terms. We don't have a 7th.

engbear

Liked Posts:
I cant link anything but I remeber Fox saying in a recent interview that Marshall plus a 7th for the Jets 5th equaled a 6th, in layman's terms. We don't have a 7th.

Ok thanks

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So in the last couple of years this board has become a conduit to rehash old shit from almost seven years ago...
Maybe the board should start a blog about it and charge people for access.

what do you think?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With as much as I fucking post, I can't believe how little I've contributed to Necro Day. With the current stat of the bear and the new year upon is, it's good to reflect on our past and resolve for a better future. I'm sure the bear feel the same.?

For anyone scanning for digs, I was 'Pickles' for a bit and willing to own the error of my ways. :rolleyes: