Game ball to DeAndre Houston-Carson

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Always wondered why we kept this guy around, but he has basically made the defensive stop to end two games in a row. He had great coverage and batted Brady's fourth down attempt and picked off Bridgewater to save the game yesterday.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Dude has those crossing routes figured out. Once he sees the receiver bounce inside, he just runs the route for the receiver.

Good strategy late-game. Needs to teach the other DBs.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why was DHC in, was Skrine hurt? I don’t recall.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He's a good S/Ter, he was very good at blocking XPs in college, but has never done so yet for the Bears. He's a good player to keep around.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Somebody mentioned this on Twitter, but it's something I've been thinking for a while.

The Bears really can get away with just an assignment sound safety next to Jackson for as long as he's playing at an elite level. The last 3 years, they've gone with Amos, Clinton-Dix, and now Gipson at the other safety spot. Amos was already around, but they made no effort to re-sign him. HHCD was allowed to walk. And I expect Gipson will be walking also since he's over 30. All of them were pretty good, but the first 2 haven't really been missed.

The play of Houston-Carson, and previously of Deon Bush in nickel and dime situations makes me believe/hope they keep the same philosophy for SS in the coming years. Keep re-signing these two to 1-2 year deals if they are open to it. I wouldn't even hate going into the season with them as the 2nd and 3rd safeties instead of 3rd and 4th. They are both assignment sound, so they won't kill you if they have to start. And they won't prevent you from signing a guy that's sitting out there on waivers next summer. Both are only 27, so you can conceivably do this for a few more years before you absolutely have to find someone long-term.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Guys a solid player. Would like to see him more in some situation 3rd and long.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He has played the last 2 weeks because Bush was out. That probably changes this week.
Hes apparently better than Bush. We should stick with him. Also Bars should play over Coward. Coaching staff consistently making poor personnel decisions

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Is that sarcastic? I'm not sure that we need Bush for anything. If he was out last week, it didn't appear we needed him for the run defense

He’s been out the last 2.5 weeks. He’s the Bears 5-1 box safety. He’s also one the best tacklers on the team. It’s him, Gipson, and Jackson running the 5 scheme which sends Trev to the sidelines. This is a good thing. Having Bush back only makes this defense better. HDC and Bush have about the same stats this year. HDC has played well but Bush still has a purpose as a box safety.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
DHC has been in the league a while at this point and it would not surprise me if he's a lot better than most people, even the coaches, recognize. Gipson's playing well though so I doubt there's a change.