Game of the Year Titles

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well now, as if buying a game wasnt expensive enough these days, now theres additional bullshit? And from what Im reading via game sites, its obviously worth getting the GotY Titles than the originals, like Red Dead Redemption. Is this the scenario with all the games or are many focused on the online aspect than 1 player experience? Im limiting myself to an extreme tight spending budget, so I definitely want my moneys worth. Of course Im still in debate over games, but well, this added more to it lol

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you see a shooter, like Call of Duty, it's going to be focused on online mulitplayer first and foremost. The single player comes second with those games.

For GOTY editions of games, Red Deads GOTY includes that zombie expansion Undead Nightmare, which has single player stuff and multiplayer stuff, but most of the extras that GOTY edition are stuff for multiplayer and co-op.

The Oblivion GOTY has a ton of different expansions and add-ons, all single player (Bethesda's RPG's won't have any multiplayer, single player only)

Don't get the COD4 GOTY, that's all multiplayer maps that are bonuses.

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY would be a good choice, but I'm not sure what the cost is of that these days.

Hmm..what else...ah, the Borderlands GOTY has 4 different add-ons, but I've never played any of them so I couldn't tell you if they were single player, multiplayer or co-op.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get GTA San Andreas and Madden NFL 12 and NBA2K12 and your life would be complete! With MW3 if you can afford it... lol

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL, hes talking about special editions of game releases, vs the gold releases. There is an overabundance of games that want to claim themselves as "Game of the Year edition" and not all of them add anything to the packaging/media.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
If you grew up on Golden eye like I did for the N64 the new one is great IMO. It just sucks not many players play online.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
No clue to what Borderland is even about, I do know its dropping to 20 tomorrow. Unfortunately I didnt see Oblivion GotY edition. But so for the most part, GotY editions should be easy to recognized by the game itself? That wont be hard at all, I may have been stuck in the past gen, but havent lost my eye lol. Just ridiculous, like they aint making enough money from people as it is.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most games that have a GOTY will either have completely different box arts, or have the same box art with GOTY stamped on the top of the box.

Oblivion's GOTY box will be the opposite color of its regular edition.
Oblivion_360.jpg

box_139101.jpg

Red Dead will have a zombie on the front
Red-Dead-Redemption-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-360-RF.jpg

Arkham Asylum will have a GOTY banner on top
xbox-360-batman-arkham-asylum-game-of-the-year-ed.jpg

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
No clue to what Borderland is even about, I do know its dropping to 20 tomorrow.

Its a post apocalyptic first person shooter. Kinda has funky graphics similar to Viewtiful Joe and Sly Cooper mixed together.