Gameday Food Week 1 (Not to be confused with FOODBLOG)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't have time to go all in and make this amazing week 1 like @HeHateMe usually does, but here is what I'm doing for tomorrow. Base recipe:

Substitutions:

- Replace the water with beef broth
- Double up on the Italian dressing mix
- Double the herbs
- Chuck roast instead of rump roast

I'm planning on putting this in the crockpot on low around midnight, then around 10 am shredding it and allowing it to cook for another two hrs. Then moving the heat to warm.

Serving on some nice crusty rolls, with a light layer of garlic mayo, put the oven on broil and melt some provolone on top. Of course some hot giardiniera. And then using the juice for au jus for dipping.

Not exactly traditional, but it always turns out pretty damn good.

I'll try and post some more creative stuff and photography as the season moves along, but that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Whatchugot?

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Ramen bun burgers and homemade cheese curds.

-Whatever your preferred blend of ground meat(s)

-One or sereral packs of top Ramen

-Korean pepper paste and mayo

-Green onion and soy sauce

Cook Ramen as normal and strain. Then take any round form you have laying around and plop some ramen in there. Wrap in cellophane to form and throw in the fridge for a half hour.

Mix your ground meats with a teaspoon of soy sauce and chopped green onion.

Make a topping sauce from Korean pepper paste and mayo. Half & half does the trick.

Pull your Ramen buns from the fridge, take out of the forms. Lay some avocado oil down on your preferred cooking device and throw your Ramen buns down. Brown each side. Cook your burgers to desired texture. Salt and pep, obvs.

Lay down your sauce on your Ramen buns and build your burgers accordingly. These will melt your brane.

I'd tell you how I make my curds, but I'd have to killa ya.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ramen bun burgers and homemade cheese curds.

-Whatever your preferred blend of ground meat(s)

-One or sereral packs of top Ramen

-Korean pepper paste and mayo

-Green onion and soy sauce

Cook Ramen as normal and strain. Then take any round form you have laying around and plop some ramen in there. Wrap in cellophane to form and throw in the fridge for a half hour.

Mix your ground meats with a teaspoon of soy sauce and chopped green onion.

Make a topping sauce from Korean pepper paste and mayo. Half & half does the trick.

Pull your Ramen buns from the fridge, take out of the forms. Lay some avocado oil down on your preferred cooking device and throw your Ramen buns down. Brown each side. Cook your burgers to desired texture. Salt and pep, obvs.

Lay down your sauce on your Ramen buns and build your burgers accordingly. These will melt your brane.

I'd tell you how I make my curds, but I'd have to killa ya.
This sounds really interesting. Gonna have to try it out. How many "buns" do you usually get per package of ramen?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This sounds really interesting. Gonna have to try it out. How many "buns" do you usually get per package of ramen?
Two. You want them kinda thick. I missed one key thing. Before forming your buns give your noodles a bath in some beaten eggs. One egg per pack of ramen. Enough for a light coating. Helps with the form and adds to the Oriental flavor.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ramen burgers, Walmart Pizza, and pizza rolls. That's what you call "Covid Times" right thar!?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing special here, just some carnivorous fare. I found some beef kidney at a local butchers and am going to sear a porterhouse steak and figure out some way to prepare some kidney and kidney fat

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully my wife will make me a sandwich or something
Seriously? I thought you were "woke". Then you say some shit about your wife making you a damn sandwich? Classless and ZERO credibility. Your hypocrisy is disgusting. Smdh.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seriously? I thought you were "woke". Then you say some shit about your wife making you a damn sandwich? Classless and ZERO credibility. Your hypocrisy is disgusting. Smdh.
What does racial inequality have to do with a women's work? Smh.

Ps, my wife is white.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What does racial inequality have to do with a women's work? Smh.

Ps, my wife is white.
Perhaps the overarching concept of social justice is lost on you.

Edit - Let's not do this here. This is about food, my fault for pointing out you are a leftist libtard hypocrite in my own thread