Games like this make the case for a change at head coach.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andy Dalton did not complete a pass over 10 air yards tonight (0 for 2, INT).

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Dalton didn't complete a pass over 15 yards all night but lets go for it on 4 and 15?

Wow, Nagy is such an arrogant idiot.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just realized - THIS is probably the reason the Bears started Dalton. Because as soon as the calls for Nagy's head get heated, he throws the kid in there and hopes everyone gets distracted by the "shiny new thing"...

Canth

Liked Posts:
There are a couple of consistent coaching issues with Nagy's teams - regardless of what is happening with the production of his offenses.

I do not believe his team's are coached details enough or at least the team does not grasp the coaching they are getting. There are just too many mistakes due to missing details - lining up wrong, bad communication, bad technique, whatever the hell the issue is. It has been a reoccurring issue with Nagy's teams.

Accountability. Nagy's teams don't have it. No one seems to really hold anyone accountable. Nagy doesn't seem to hold his players accountable for their play. And the players do not hold themselves and their teammates accountable. At least, nothing seems to be done with any consistently. Hence, missed assignments, missed routes, poor effort, and dumb penalties, etc.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So Foles last season calls out Nagy for wanting to call too many long developing deep shot plays and getting him killed and now we are crucifying him for trying to protect Dalton and play to his strengths. 2 LT’s went down with injury, while Donald was collapsing the interior. And Dalton doesn’t like holding the ball in the first place, even in ideal circumstances. Tough crowd.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
So Foles last season calls out Nagy for wanting to call too many long developing deep shot plays and getting him killed and now we are crucifying him for trying to protect Dalton and play to his strengths. 2 LT’s went down with injury, while Donald was collapsing the interior. And Dalton doesn’t like holding the ball in the first place, even in ideal circumstances. Tough crowd.
Yep.

Short passes and controlling the clock on the ground were the correct answer. I don't like Nagy, but he called the game pretty damn good.

1. Dalton would be in the morgue today if he were throwing further down field.
2. It was working... maybe 5 plays I would've liked to see something different called. A couple more 3rd/4th downs needed to be converted and they would've been in the mix for most of the game.
3. The defense was getting destroyed. Rams could've put 50 points on them if Bears were going 3nout. A first time DC against arguably the best play caller in the league... Setup for failure before the game started.

The 4th & 15 play was a "what do you have to lose" circumstance and I was fine with all the 4th down calls. If he settled for FG or punts the outcome would not have changed a damn thing and everyone would be bitching about how Nagy has no balls again.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Yep.

Short passes and controlling the clock on the ground were the correct answer. I don't like Nagy, but he called the game pretty damn good.

1. Dalton would be in the morgue today if he were throwing further down field.
2. It was working... maybe 5 plays I would've liked to see something different called. A couple more 3rd/4th downs needed to be converted and they would've been in the mix for most of the game.
3. The defense was getting destroyed. Rams could've put 50 points on them if Bears were going 3nout. A first time DC against arguably the best play caller in the league... Setup for failure before the game started.

The 4th & 15 play was a "what do you have to lose" circumstance and I was fine with all the 4th down calls. If he settled for FG or punts the outcome would not have changed a damn thing and everyone would be bitching about how Nagy has no balls again.
I watched that 4th & 15 as it happened. even though he had Dalton playing short, I honestly didn't hate the call lol probably cause of how the defense was getting demolished... you either put up points or lose the game anyway. you don't need to examine this 57 ways from Sunday or be a Rhode's scholar, it's honestly very simple to process. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Trestman doing it, in his case I believe the FG they didn't attempt could have won that game. I repressed that 2014 season from my memory banks, feel free to correct me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the thing, that wasn't as much on Dalton as Nagy. I don't think AR ran a route over 10 yds.

Nagy bringing in Fields for no rhyme or reason. Dalton makes what may have been his best play of the day and that's when we see Fields for the 1st time near midfield for an end around. Monty gets rolling early and Nagy pulls him on the next series. The play calling was absolute shit again.

I understand why we didn't go downfield much since the rams always try and take it away but not at all? You still need to stretch the field and back off the backers etc. No rhythm and it will get guys dinged this time of year. I can't blame Nagy for Borom but when you run this misdirection crap guys get blindsided and washed.

A bunch of playcalling where Nagy responds to, instead of dictates to, a defense. Add poor sequencing, player subs and not optimizing Fields when you do plug him in is ridiculous. Give play calls back to Lazor. The player's friend, Desai, needs to rip some new assholes. He better be pissed. Like I said. after our safeties didn't touch the down player, I sit Eddie for a quarter and said so to my bro at the time. Maybe he's in position at the next long TD he gives up. Some of these guys need a reality check.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are a couple of consistent coaching issues with Nagy's teams - regardless of what is happening with the production of his offenses.

I do not believe his team's are coached details enough or at least the team does not grasp the coaching they are getting. There are just too many mistakes due to missing details - lining up wrong, bad communication, bad technique, whatever the hell the issue is. It has been a reoccurring issue with Nagy's teams.

Accountability. Nagy's teams don't have it. No one seems to really hold anyone accountable. Nagy doesn't seem to hold his players accountable for their play. And the players do not hold themselves and their teammates accountable. At least, nothing seems to be done with any consistently. Hence, missed assignments, missed routes, poor effort, and dumb penalties, etc.
If he explains plays like his interviews explain situations, how could you possibly follow?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears are going to be in a weird spot after this season. It’s clear Pace needs to go, but you also have Fields here. They would need to find a GM who would embrace the fact he didn’t draft or trade for the QB. It seems a no brainer on the surface but these guys all have major egos and it could be an issue.

That said they are going to have no choice. I mean the amount of completely stupid decisions by Pace is pretty mind blowing when you go season by season.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I was shocked! No FG? I was initially pissed, then I quickly realized that Nagy sees more of the Bears shitty defense every day than we do. MF'er knew we needed 3 TDs to win that game.

I think you do kick the FG in that situation especially with how the game was going. You want to at least give your team the illusion they are still in the game. By going for it and not getting it that was game over. Going for it is fine but for the love of God run a play where the WRs go farther than 15 yards!

Reactions: DC

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just realized - THIS is probably the reason the Bears started Dalton. Because as soon as the calls for Nagy's head get heated, he throws the kid in there and hopes everyone gets distracted by the "shiny new thing"...
Some commentator made that comment a while back. As long as Fields is on the bench Nagy has an excuse. If he can delay Fields getting on the field and he does well like say week 9 when the season is lost the argument could be made that if we just had Fields in the whole time we would have had a winning season. We all know that isn't true. It however is arguably the only way Nagy gets another year. Well, I say that, he should not have got another year last year. For all I know he and Pace may have been given assurances.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some commentator made that comment a while back. As long as Fields is on the bench Nagy has an excuse. If he can delay Fields getting on the field and he does well like say week 9 when the season is lost the argument could be made that if we just had Fields in the whole time we would have had a winning season. We all know that isn't true. It however is arguably the only way Nagy gets another year. Well, I say that, he should not have got another year last year. For all I know he and Pace may have been given assurances.
Something else to keep in mind -- Pace made it clear that Fields was a Nagy pick. Could Pace be forcing Nagy to play Dalton?