Gardner Minshew - a deeper look.....possibilities

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why not bring in A. J. McCarron while you are at it?

that’s not really fair. I can understand people not wanting Minshew but he’s done way more in the league than AJ ever has

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
that’s not really fair. I can understand people not wanting Minshew but he’s done way more in the league than AJ ever has
Then let them battle it out to the death. Bring in all these great quarterbacks not named Watson and let the last quarterback standing be the man. Draft a quarterback at 20 or lower and move on.

46plank

Liked Posts:
First 20 starts... 4980 yds, 33 TD 9 Int

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im a big fan Minshews dad being a football dad cliche
Gardner Minshew's dad sent social media into a tailspin on FridayBig Cat Country Q&A: Who would win in a fight between Gardner Minshew's dad  and Bryce Harper's dad? - Big Cat Country
Ryan Greene ? on Twitter: Gardner Minshew's dad is Frank Calliendo as Jon  Gruden #TNF #NFL…

This guy has Bears written all over him and i love it.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Minshew cracks me up. The swagger reminds me a bit of Jimmy Mac.

The Bears were apparently interested in drafting him. He thought it was either going to be the Bears or the Jags that drafted him.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Minshew cracks me up. The swagger reminds me a bit of Jimmy Mac.

The Bears were apparently interested in drafting him. He thought it was either going to be the Bears or the Jags that drafted him.

yep, they sure should have a collaborative analysis between the combine and Flip.

"I loved it, meeting with Matt Nagy and all those guys. For a while, I thought that (being a Bear) was going to be a real possibility." -Gardner Minshew on his combine meeting with the Bears

“I had two formal interviews," Minshew last year told Chicago media personality Mark Carman during last year's Super Bowl week. "One was the Jaguars and one was the Bears. I loved it, meeting with Matt Nagy and all those guys.

"For a while, I thought that was going to be a real possibility."

Now they have the extra insight of John DeFilippo as quarterbacks. DeFilippo was Minshew's offensive coordinator while he went 6-6 as a starter in 2019, the year Nick Foles was supposed to lead the Jaguars.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's cheap even for a backup, so why would Jax trade him, except for an overly generous offer?
Yeah, I've had the same thought. He's on a late round rookie deal which is super attractive cap-wise.

I guess you could argue they don't want another alpha in the room with Lawrence. Or they trade him for another piece they need to build around the new QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I've had the same thought. He's on a late round rookie deal which is super attractive cap-wise.

I guess you could argue they don't want another alpha in the room with Lawrence. Or they trade him for another piece they need to build around the new QB.

Garner Minshew, Alpha.........

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever. He's been their starter for the better part of a couple years.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I've heard he's more or less a stat padder. Putting up #'s when the Jags are out of the game. As a bridge option I probably wouldn't mind it over some other names, but they should be looking to the draft or making aggressive moves for real proven commodities.