Garoppolo vs Trubisky

BigBill

Liked Posts:
Sunday will see the much ballyhooed Jimmy Garoppolo starting against 1st round pick Mitch Trubisky. With the Bears season all but over should Fox continue game managing Trubisky and conceding the spotlight to Jimmy, or should he turn Mitch loose?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy should have the spotlight and play better either way.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is that if Garoppolo looks good, all the Jimmy G lovers will be starting threads just like the Watson boys. And this message board will no longer have anything to do with the Bears.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope for the 9ers sake Garoppolo looks better. He's the vet, he's better coached, he has much better weapons, plus Fox will refuse to let Loggains throw the ball considering 9ers run defense ranks last in a few rushing categories. I hope Trub looks better, but i don't think he will have the chance...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
JG has been in the league 3 years with a good offensive minded coach....he should know more. I still think Trubisky will be better overall.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is the fleeced bowl. I am hoping to see something extra out of Trubisky this week. He should play with a chip on his shoulder after how the draft went down. I’m not so concerned with the final numbers but I want to see a playmaker this week.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
All I know is that if Garoppolo looks good, all the Jimmy G lovers will be starting threads just like the Watson boys. And this message board will no longer have anything to do with the Bears.

There's columnists already ready to call Mitch a bust. Their hand is on the lever ready to YANK.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
JG has been in the league 3 years with a good offensive minded coach....he should know more. I still think Trubisky will be better overall.

This. It’s common sense. With that said, I really wished we would have traded for Garoppolo. I think the dude is the real deal and has the It factor. Not saying I don’t like Trubisky. I just wanted Garoppolo . Oh well. Trubisky, I’m with you and I believe you will be a franchise quarterback down the line as well.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

billwade

Liked Posts:
What if the Bears had Garoppolo instead of Trubisky?

What if I told you that Arlington Heights native Jimmy Garoppolo could have been a Chicago Bear.

Would that have changed the outcome of the season?
Would the Bears be better off?
Would they be worse?
With this week’s matchup against the 49ers and Garoppolo making his first start of the season against his hometown team I wondered, “What would have this season been like if the Bears acquired Garoppolo in the offseason?”

Let’s just ponder, analyze and embrace the idea.

Let’s say the Bears offered up just their No. 3 overall pick to the Patriots and they accepted it. I mean the Bears did trade the No. 3 overall pick, a third-round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth-round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to the 49ers to move up one spot to select Mitch Trubisky.

Trading for Garoppolo still means the Bears get their franchise quarterback, who isn’t a rookie, and it’s a better deal. The Bears wouldn’t have given up additional picks and this is what the draft order would have looked like going into the draft:

· Round 1 (3) – (Trade to Patriots)
· Round 2 (36)
· Round 3 (67)
· Round 4 (111)
· Round 4 (117)
· Round 5 (147)
· Round 7 (221)

Adam Shaheen was selected in the second round (No. 45), Eddie Jackson in the fourth (No.112), Tarik Cohen also in the fourth (No.119) and Jordan Morgan in the fifth round (No. 147).

More than likely the Bears would have been able to select all their current picks and had two more.

If the Bears still had their third-round pick there were some receivers, something the team desperately needs, still on the board. With the 67th pick the Bears could have chosen the Rams’ Cooper Kupp (No. 69 pick), Bucs’ Chris Godwin (No. 84), or Lions’ Kenny Golladay (No. 96). All would be getting playing time if one of them were on the roster.

With a team that only has 12 wins to date since John Fox took over as head coach, it seems there are more questions than answers as to how to get the organization back to relevancy. But having two more picks in the 2017 NFL Draft could have helped address some of those questions.

Not only would the Bears have benefitted in the draft but they also would have their day-one starter.

You know what that means?

No. Mike. Glennon.

Glennon signed a 3-year, $45 million-dollar contract with $18.5 million guaranteed. Glennon was the most expensive free agent for the Bears and that guaranteed money could have been put to good use elsewhere. Maybe that money could have gone to a 1-year deal with Alshon Jeffery? The Eagles signed Jeffery to a 1-year, $9.5 million dollar deal with $8.75 million guaranteed.

http://dabearsbros.com/garoppolo-or-trubisky/

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

By "Watson boys" do you mean guys that watched him play and saw how good he was? Because that would be pretty much every single person that has seen him play.

I guess you are one of the hyper sensitive Trubisky guys that thinks talking about any QB other than dear sweet Mitchell is "calling him a bust" or "rooting against him". I sure hope Trubisky is tougher than you fragile little flowers.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
who cares if a guy, who has 3 years in the league, been coached by one of the best, if not the best coach in the NFL, who will be pumped to play against his home town team, which happens to be 3-8 team spiraling out of control, and he does better than said teams qb.

this fan base kills me.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What if the Bears had Garoppolo instead of Trubisky?

What if I told you that Arlington Heights native Jimmy Garoppolo could have been a Chicago Bear.

Would that have changed the outcome of the season?
Would the Bears be better off?
Would they be worse?
With this week’s matchup against the 49ers and Garoppolo making his first start of the season against his hometown team I wondered, “What would have this season been like if the Bears acquired Garoppolo in the offseason?”

Let’s just ponder, analyze and embrace the idea.

Let’s say the Bears offered up just their No. 3 overall pick to the Patriots and they accepted it. I mean the Bears did trade the No. 3 overall pick, a third-round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth-round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to the 49ers to move up one spot to select Mitch Trubisky.

Trading for Garoppolo still means the Bears get their franchise quarterback, who isn’t a rookie, and it’s a better deal. The Bears wouldn’t have given up additional picks and this is what the draft order would have looked like going into the draft:

· Round 1 (3) – (Trade to Patriots)
· Round 2 (36)
· Round 3 (67)
· Round 4 (111)
· Round 4 (117)
· Round 5 (147)
· Round 7 (221)

Adam Shaheen was selected in the second round (No. 45), Eddie Jackson in the fourth (No.112), Tarik Cohen also in the fourth (No.119) and Jordan Morgan in the fifth round (No. 147).

More than likely the Bears would have been able to select all their current picks and had two more.

If the Bears still had their third-round pick there were some receivers, something the team desperately needs, still on the board. With the 67th pick the Bears could have chosen the Rams’ Cooper Kupp (No. 69 pick), Bucs’ Chris Godwin (No. 84), or Lions’ Kenny Golladay (No. 96). All would be getting playing time if one of them were on the roster.

With a team that only has 12 wins to date since John Fox took over as head coach, it seems there are more questions than answers as to how to get the organization back to relevancy. But having two more picks in the 2017 NFL Draft could have helped address some of those questions.

Not only would the Bears have benefitted in the draft but they also would have their day-one starter.

You know what that means?

No. Mike. Glennon.

Glennon signed a 3-year, $45 million-dollar contract with $18.5 million guaranteed. Glennon was the most expensive free agent for the Bears and that guaranteed money could have been put to good use elsewhere. Maybe that money could have gone to a 1-year deal with Alshon Jeffery? The Eagles signed Jeffery to a 1-year, $9.5 million dollar deal with $8.75 million guaranteed.

http://dabearsbros.com/garoppolo-or-trubisky/

Yes, doing better this season and keeping Fox and Loggains is exactly what the Bears needed. Do better this season to retain a guy who insists on a run run pass offensive scheme.

GTFOH

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We made Hundley look all pro and now were missing key defensive players. I'm not sure how this game will go but I am really happy to have a Trubs and think the future is bright with him. JG looks like a good prospect also.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Bears gonna lose and nothing will change, book it

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I prefer to go with Shanahan vs Fox

Oh Nelly! You can throw out the record books when these two ancient rivals square off. No love lost here, this heated rivalry goes all the way back. When these two gladiators meet on Sunday you can expect an epic confrontation that will rock the civilized world to it's core! Fire and fury like the world has never seen!!!

A quick off topic note:
If we could avoid any mention of any other teams QB for a few years that would be great. There is only one NFL QB and his name is Mitchell Trubisky, his name is Mitchell Trubisky, his name is Mitchell Trubisky...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If Jimmy G does not look better than Trubisky, then he is the one that might be considered the bust. This will be an interesting game to watch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We made Hundley look all pro and now were missing key defensive players. I'm not sure how this game will go but I am really happy to have a Trubs and think the future is bright with him. JG looks like a good prospect also.

Hundley looked pretty damn good against Pitt last week to and they have a good defense.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh Nelly! You can throw out the record books when these two ancient rivals square off. No love lost here, this heated rivalry goes all the way back. When these two gladiators meet on Sunday you can expect an epic confrontation that will rock the civilized world to it's core! Fire and fury like the world has never seen!!!

A quick off topic note:
If we could avoid any mention of any other teams QB for a few years that would be great. There is only one NFL QB and his name is Mitchell Trubisky, his name is Mitchell Trubisky, his name is Mitchell Trubisky...

You seem triggered

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garoppolo by knockout in round 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk