Gas station shooting legally justified

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Did any of you guys see this story or watch the video? I don't know what to think. I would not be happy with anyone pushing me around and this would certainly have caused a physical altercation if I was there but I do not think he deserved to be shot and killed. The guy was being an idiot yes, but didn't deserve a death sentence. Terribly sad that he went to get a bag of chips and will never see his sons again.

Do you guys think this was justified? I read the comments and they are all over the place some people say "if that would have happened to me I would shoot said individual right away" and others thinking it is a cowards response..

http://theadvocate.com/news/1595205...-da-warren-montgomery-says-see-surveillance-o

The Advocate

No one will be prosecuted for the fatal shooting of Shawn Breland, a 41-year-old Army veteran who was killed April 4 after an altercation with a clerk and another customer at a Shell station in Mandeville.

District Attorney Warren Montgomery said in a news release that his office will not pursue criminal charges based on the evidence.

He noted that the Mandeville Police Department concluded Breland was the aggressor in the incident and that it didn’t arrest the shooter, who was lawfully armed.

Montgomery released security-camera footage that shows Breland became increasingly agitated as he interacted first with the clerk and then with another customer, who was carrying a gun in a holster.

The armed customer, a firearms instructor whose identity has not been made public, ultimately shot Breland three times in the chest and stomach.

The surveillance video shows Breland arguing with the clerk and jabbing his index finger in the air at him. Mandeville police said at the time that he was berating the clerk and using racial slurs.

The clerk told him to leave, but Breland kept returning to the store, at one point throwing packages of chips at the clerk.

The armed customer followed Breland outside to get the license plate number from Breland’s vehicle, police said, prompting Breland to attack him.

The video shows Breland backing the other man up inside the store and finally cornering him. Then Breland can be seen crumpling and sitting on the floor, rubbing his face.

The clerk called police when the altercation began, but Breland had been shot by the time they arrived.

Mandeville police, who interviewed witnesses and viewed the footage, said the shooter drew his weapon and ordered Breland back, but to no avail. He shot him once in the torso, and when Breland continued to come after him, fired two more rounds.

Montgomery said Breland’s death was a tragedy but was legally justified.

Breland, who lived in Folsom, was a truck driver and a veteran, according to his obituary. He is survived by a wife and four sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Probably best to click link and watch video for yourselves

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looked like the guy was drunk and probably could have been dealt with by a firm pistol whipping or a crack on the head with a handle of Jack. The thing is there is no video of the shooter unholstering his weapon (he retreats back into the store from the parking lot and it is out by the time he gets from one feed to the other), so the only real justification I could see for this is if the dude was going for the gun while it was still on the other guy's hip (clearly he was after it once back inside the store).

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The shooter had been waiting for that moment his whole life. Sometimes luck just finds you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems excessive to me. Like was this dudes life really in danger? Like dude is a firearms instructor. You'd think shooting the dude in the kneecaps or leg would suffice.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Your life ain't worth my bloody lip!

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
It is crazy that the police have seen this video and feel like no charges are justified..however from what I have heard they are considering charging the people who shot the gorilla who had his hands on a 4 year old child who got into his enclosure..I think the world is going crazy

Mitchapalooza

I see no need to shoot him though. As many times as he got pushed, he wasn't really doing anything else. The guy's definitely an asshole but the dude could've either pistol whipped him like TJ said or just knocked his dumbass out with his hands.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
The shooter had been waiting for that moment his whole life. Sometimes luck just finds you.

I couldn't agree more! There in lies the problem. This guy was preparing his whole life for an event like this to present itself. He may have created his own "luck" . Again the man who was shot is being a complete moron but nothing that an old fashioned beat down couldn't resolve..everyone goes home to their families..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean the drunk asshole attacked a dude with a clearly visible gun multiple times.... I am guessing the dude with the gun told him multiple times he was finna get shot and he still kept attacking the dude.

If ur dumb enough to attack a dude with a gun over and over you deserved to get shot.

If you wanna argue he was drunk and couldn't understand the danger he was in, then he was too drunk to be driving the car he pulled up in.

Personally I woulda beat that dudes ass..... woulda been far more satisfying than this mess, but the dum fuk brought fists to a gun fight.

The dude had a gun to protect himself, he gave the asshole multiple chances to back off, and then he pulled the trigger.... what can you fault him for?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Takes a real pussy to need a gun to defend himself from some random drunk asshole.

I have a buddy who basically looks like John Cena. The dude is massive and has a boxing background. He recently started shooting has been going to the range a lot lately. I asked him if he was going to get his concealed carry license and he was like no, I'm not going to carry it around with me wherever I go. Why not? I asked him..."Because I'm not a pussy" lol

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I always laugh at those jabronis that carry a gun that's visible in public. Must feel good to think your a cop. Drunk guy should have never been shot.