Gase's Play Calling

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Someone brought up something about Gase and his play calling, and it got me thinking...

Gase knew what he was doing when calling all those WR screens!!! Gase knew he had to be creative and have the oline block for the shortest possible time while still moving the defense so they can't tee off on us!!! Gase is doing what many of us talked about, WR screen and running the ball over and over!!! Sure they sent the spy lber blitzing and it worked here and there, but Gase was trying to wear out the defense by going sideline to sideline because we can't stretch the field deep!!!

When you guys show up and are questioning this during the game day, it's funny because many of us already talked about this!!! Most won't even read this thread, but I hope this thread stays up for a while!!! This is where we can talk about this game being like this!!! I don't know why you guys are soooooo surprised!!! That's fine, game day warriors are still bears fans!!! It just gets a little annoying repeating what many have already said and read!!!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why so many exclamation marks?

electric blue

Liked Posts:
They stretched the field when Alshon caught a td. O'bradovich and Hampton are on the radio talking about how scared the offense plays until it's do or die time. Those constant formations with Forte in the wildcat, Forte runs up the gut for no gain are not productive. The play calling is conservative. Passes are horizontal most of the time instead of vertical. Two former NFL players are saying the same thing and they watched the game and evaluated it, and they're passionate former Bears. They have more expertise than us fans.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
They stretched the field when Alshon caught a td. O'bradovich and Hampton are on the radio talking about how scared the offense plays until it's do or die time. Those constant formations with Forte in the wildcat, Forte runs up the gut for no gain are not productive. The play calling is conservative. Passes are horizontal most of the time instead of vertical. Two former NFL players are saying the same thing and they watched the game and evaluated it, and they're passionate former Bears. They have more expertise than us fans.

Oh I'm not saying there is no place for the vertical game. But those screen passes set up the vehicle game. Those screens draw the DBs closer to the LoS, making the vertical game easier when they are called.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to that certain poster...just let the defense dictate what we do...at no time try to make them pay...just throw bubble screens for no gain...leave our QB in 3rd and long so even if he gets ball off he can get smashed. I love it

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Cutler has been playing good football and he is left in shit scenarios all the time

Agreed. I think if you told most fans before the season started that you could get a good clean game out of Cutler like we saw today, most fans would have taken it in a heartbeat

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Sorry but it is loser football. It was during the middle of the week and it is after the weekend. 2-5. Sucks.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"@djdurkin: Gase going with three/four wide to the field (wide) side of the field early, using the screen game. Getting the ball out quickly."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My thing is Gase is not tied to anyone so its a win/ win regardless if Cutler plays well or not

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was bad.

Then it got good.

Terrible game plan to start, thank for he threw it out. Trestman would have kept calling the same shit.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It was bad.

Then it got good.

Terrible game plan to start, thank for he threw it out. Trestman would have kept calling the same shit.

Yeah, both Gase and Fangio have been willing to adjust their game plan during a game, which is refreshing. Gase however, seems to have more of a propensity to use an opening game plan to set up late game calls.
Think also of the Seahawks game with running a lot of heavy sets early to draw the DBs up tight. Unfortunately, he didn't have a QB to make them pay for it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gase called a terrible game once again. In fact, he hasn't called a good game yet this year. The calls in that last "drive" were pathetic. All they need was a fucking field goal and Cutler had played a very good game. So its a silly run, a long no chance pass, and Langford dropping a first down which would have kept the drive alive. I miss Forte already:(

This guy, Gase, has been a huge disappointment. And people are supposedly worried about him leaving for a HC job? Yeah.......that'll happen. NOT!!!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Um........Was Bennett playing today? Has Gase ever heard of throwing to the middle of the field? We have a QB playing the best football of his Bear's career and we waste him once again. Ridiculous.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Cutler's playing the best football of his career and they're being too conservative with the playcalling."

Does no one see the problem with that?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Gase called a terrible game once again. In fact, he hasn't called a good game yet this year. The calls in that last "drive" were pathetic. All they need was a fucking field goal and Cutler had played a very good game. So its a silly run, a long no chance pass, and Langford dropping a first down which would have kept the drive alive. I miss Forte already:(

This guy, Gase, has been a huge disappointment. And people are supposedly worried about him leaving for a HC job? Yeah.......that'll happen. NOT!!!!!!

Yeah, but you're The Hawk. So your opinion doesn't count.

Sorry man, I don't make the rules here.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"Cutler's playing the best football of his career and they're being too conservative with the playcalling."

Does no one see the problem with that?

Yeah, I don't get that train of thought either.

Reactions: WCL