GDT: 1/31 Blue Jackets at Blackhawks

Granada

Liked Posts:
How was RJ in this game? I saw that he had 7 hits.

When was the last time a blackhawks forward had that many in a game?

Solid. Was strong on the forecheck, great energy, 7 hits like you mentioned. Very noticeable for his first game.

Tuomo Ruutu? Lol

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Solid. Was strong on the forecheck, great energy, 7 hits like you mentioned. Very noticeable for his first game.

Tuomo Ruutu? Lol
Nice. Will focus extra on him next game i watch.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Tuomo Ruutu? Lol
If he had Ruutus hands he'd be a keeper.

Ruutus had a ridiculous amount of offensive skill. His problem was he never stopped from giving a big hit

Granada

Liked Posts:
If he had Ruutus hands he'd be a keeper.

Ruutus had a ridiculous amount of offensive skill. His problem was he never stopped from giving a big hit

What was the story with him again....I think he was jogging and the police mistook him for a criminal or something and tried arresting him. Anyways, I was a huge fan of his back in the day. He loved big hits but he'd never drop the gloves, I recall.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
What was the story with him again....I think he was jogging and the police mistook him for a criminal or something and tried arresting him. Anyways, I was a huge fan of his back in the day. He loved big hits but he'd never drop the gloves, I recall.
He was a troll player. Not as bad as his brother but cut from the same cloth.

But......before concussion protocol became a thing there's no doubt in my mind Ruttu was completely concussed most of his NHL career. He could have been so much more then he was and why he didn't stay long once Q took over. He had it all and was a legit game breaker if he could have stayed away from the physical stuff but he couldn't resist it.

There's the one goal where he passed the puck to himself during what I think I remember was the world cup where the announcers ejaculated openly about it and Hawks fans started to think he was the guy.

Then along came the REAL guys....

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah. He got picked up near the Edge in Bensonville for looking like a suspect of some crime that was commited.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Ruutu severed a tendon in his ankle in 06 , and just wasnt the same skater after that. Had one of my favorite goal songs
Rudie cant fail by the Clash

Granada

Liked Posts:
He was a troll player. Not as bad as his brother but cut from the same cloth.

But......before concussion protocol became a thing there's no doubt in my mind Ruttu was completely concussed most of his NHL career. He could have been so much more then he was and why he didn't stay long once Q took over. He had it all and was a legit game breaker if he could have stayed away from the physical stuff but he couldn't resist it.

There's the one goal where he passed the puck to himself during what I think I remember was the world cup where the announcers ejaculated openly about it and Hawks fans started to think he was the guy.

Then along came the REAL guys....

Perhaps this is my bias talking, but I don't remember him being as much as a troll/pest. To me, the guy just played hard and finished checks, which I loved about him. But yeah, he just never panned out unfortunately. He certainly wasn't the only one (ABC Line, etc.). In addition to Ruutu, I loved Calder, Vandeermeer, and Wiz.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ruutu severed a tendon in his ankle in 06 , and just wasnt the same skater after that. Had one of my favorite goal songs
Rudie cant fail by the Clash

I miss those days when each player had their own personalized goal song. They still do it for player of the game at least.