hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It won't happen....a whole lot of people still think this is a talented team. Two dmen you can count on and one line that can score will not get you very far in today's NHL.
Preach brother preach

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It won't happen....a whole lot of people still think this is a talented team. Two dmen you can count on and one line that can score will not get you very far in today's NHL.
Hardly beating the Coyotes should of said a lot, I agree, this is a bad hockey team. The rumours having been swirling about Toews and Kane, it’s time, the hawks need picks, first round picks and cap room to rebuild Properly.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Hardly beating the Coyotes should of said a lot, I agree, this is a bad hockey team. The rumours having been swirling about Toews and Kane, it’s time, the hawks need picks, first round picks and cap room to rebuild Properly.
I still think the Hawks need Kane to put butts in the seats.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This is the type of mentality that will set this team back another five years.

The next two drafts are good, with the Bedard draft being a really deep one. The Hawks need to understand right now is the right time to suck. Trade away everyone not named Cat, Dach, Jones or Lank and try to get as much draft capital as you can for the next two years.

I am all for complete wipe and restart. Love Kubi but if he can get you a first rounder you gotta move him. Murphy for some reason has value get a first in one of these drafts. Toews eat half that salary and someone will give up a late first for him.

The worst move Blowman made was the protected pick. I’d rather just give up a shot at Wright and have the pick in 2023. Four players are looking to be better then Wright currently and those odds are better stacked in the Hawks favor.

(and Wright is going to be a star. Won’t be mad if the Hawks luck out and get him, not as impressed with Savoie who’s a 5’9 Smurf who I think the Hawks will be stuck with if they luck into the second pick)

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I know that but at the end of the day for the owners its a business.
Well if the owners are worried about putting butts in there seats over rebuilding for the future they will keep Kane, if not, he pretty much is the only commodity the Hawks have to acquire picks for the future.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Well if the owners are worried about putting butts in there seats over rebuilding for the future they will keep Kane, if not, he pretty much is the only commodity the Hawks have to acquire picks for the future.
Agreed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't we eat 1/2 of Toews cap and send him to a faceoff needy contender?

Wouldn't Fleury be valuable to a couple teams...enough to fight over for at minimum a low second and player in deep draft.

Is Johnson useless?

We can eat 1/2 the caps.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Can't we eat 1/2 of Toews cap and send him to a faceoff needy contender?

Wouldn't Fleury be valuable to a couple teams...enough to fight over for at minimum a low second and player in deep draft.

Is Johnson useless?

We can eat 1/2 the caps.
The Hawks have two retention slots available. Eating five million on a Toews trade isn’t going to happen since, to get a decent return the Hawks will have to take a bad salary back. So your pretty much shooting yourself in the foot unless you are getting a first and a good prospect in return who is a year away. And honestly, is Toews worth that much? I don’t think so. His face offs can be replaced at the deadline by another player without all the micromanaging another teams GM would have to do.

Now Kane at 50% gets you a complete haul. Throw in the bad contract that will have to come along with him and you are looking at minimum two firsts and an elite prospect. Problem is, the only place he would agree to a trade is Buffalo, and they really have no reason to trade for him unless they completely start tearing up the league this year. Hell, I’d take Skinners contract if it meant Power and two firsts coming back.

The dream scenario is lucking into Wright then doing everything to get Bedard or the Russian the following year while keeping Dach, Jones and Cat. I would trade multiple first round picks for Bedard or Michkov and everyone not named the three I mentioned. They are both generational and this franchise needs a kick in the balls in that regard. Bedard is over a goal a game for his career, and if he grows a few more inches he will be unstoppable in the NHL. The guys a combo of Matthews and prime Toews with high end playmaking abilities. Cat with Kane will get 40 goals this year, Cat with Bedard will average 50 with the exception Bedard, unlike Kane whom I love, doesn’t take one shift off.

Bedard will be the best player in the NHL at some point. The Hawks shouldn’t miss the boat on this one