GDT - Blackhawks vs. Candiens - 7:30 cst

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Blackhawks Host Canadiens Looking for Third Straight​

Montreal visits Chicago for lone time this season, Andrew Shaw to be honored pregame for 10-year career​

cut.png

TIME: 7:30 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks return to Chicago in the midst of their second winning streak of the season as the Montreal Canadiens visit the United Center on Thursday night. Chicago finished a three-game trip with comeback wins against Vegas and Columbus for their first wins of the new year.

TEAM RECORDS

• CHI: 13-18-5, 31 PTS
  • MTL: 7-24-4, 18 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Can't make it out to the United Center? Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk are on the call Thursday night on NBC Sports Chicago with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. John Wiedeman and Paul Caponigri also have the radio broadcast of the game on WGN Radio.

SHAW RETURNS

Ahead of Thursday's game, Andrew Shaw will make his return to the United Center to celebrate his 10-season NHL career in front of a hometown crowd. The Mutt stepped away from the game last season, but without fans in the building was never given a proper send-off from his biggest fans. His legacy will be highlighted in a pregame ceremony on the ice before the Blackhawks take on the Canadiens, Shaw's other NHL home for three seasons.

VS. MONTREAL

The Blackhawks are 13-2-2 in their last 17 contests against the Canadiens with wins in their last three matchups.
Chicago beat Montreal 2-0 on Dec. 9 as Marc-Andre Fleury secured his 500th career win, becoming the third goaltender in league history to reach the milestone. It was his 69th career shutout as he stopped all 30 shots. Jonathan Toews and Henrik Borgstrom scored the goals for Chicago in the victory. Toews won 13 of 16 (81 percent) of his faceoffs that evening as well.

REICHEL DEBUT

Top prospect Lukas Reichel is expected to make his NHL debut on Thursday night. The German forward has 20 points (9G, 11A) in 20 games with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs this season, including a four-point night (2G, 2A) on Friday against the Chicago Wolves and a two-point outing the following evening in Milwaukee (1G, 1A).
Reichel is expected to play a few NHL games during his first call up before finishing the season back in Rockford as part of a long-term development plan for the skilled forward.

cut.jpg

King on Reichel, Kane​

BACK IN ACTION
The Blackhawks activated Kevin Lankinen and Erik Gustafsson from COVID-19 protocol on Wednesday morning. Lankinen missed six games to start the 2022 calendar year and Gustafsson missed three games in protocol.

CAT ON THE ATTACK

Alex DeBrincat recorded his fifth multi-goal game of the 2021-22 campaign on Tuesday. His nine goals since Dec. 15 share second in the NHL and his 23 markers are fourth in the league this season.
With two power-play goals on Jan. 4, he reached the 20-goal plateau in the fewest number of games of his NHL career (33 games). The previous quickest instance of him scoring 20 markers came last year when he recorded his 20th in the 36th game of the season. It is the fourth time in five seasons that the Farmington, Hills, Michigan native has registered 20 or more goals in a campaign.
Since the 2018-19 season, when DeBrincat scored a career-best 13 PPG's, he is seventh in the league with 41 goals with the man advantage. He is third in the NHL with 55 goals since the beginning of last season ... He recorded a three-game goal streak (4G) from Jan. 2-6.

RILEY ROLLING

Riley Stillman recorded his first career multi-point outing (2A) on Tuesday and extended his point streak (1G, 3A) to a career-long three games. His seven assists and eight points this season are career highs.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Reichel has Strome the anchor on his line.

Dach has been busted down to third line center.

Toews has Cat and Kubi.

Galvas has shown more the Mitchell and Beaudin combined.

If Flower starts, they have a chance

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to see Hagel is back in.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Legacy of Andrew Shaw? one night to honour a guy who scored 1 20 goal season as a highlight.
Hawks joining the trend of tribute nights like other teams for a guy that has a cup of coffee with a team and they get special night. Stop the madness!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hiiiipp hippp hooorraaay
a tater gamedaaaayy....

Habs 4-2 ditka penis

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
"I love shin pads!"
What a strange night to honor him, didn't we trade him to Montreal... ohh well maybe that's the thing to do I don't know. I'm pretty sure these are the only two teams he played for.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach and Strome not listed on blackhawks active roster released at 5pm

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The Canadians are junk, worst team in the league hands down, Hawks should earn the W in this one.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I completely missed the Lafferty acquisition. Of course I have no clue who he is so I'm just going to assume that was who we got for nylander

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, even the most bitter of current Hawks employees, KBIB, has agreed to be happy if we win ten in a row, and we’ll hold you to that, and look past Kyle Beach definitely porked your sister syndrome…

for myself I’m gonna be happy if we win 5 in a row and Kane scores in 2 of 3 games. This thought was constructed before the goal on a 44% infused hash blunt, and brought after because the rate of speed post infused blunt the game is likely over by now

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point streeeeaaaakkkk!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OMG.....two shit teams. The worst looking OT goal ever. In typical NHL style, they have two replays for said goal and do them in the wrong order. How was that not offside? He was offside by 2 feet. If they get the offside call right, they don't even have to watch the goal replay.

An official gift to the Hawks from the NHL.