GDT - CBus at Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 cst 2/13/21

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Strome out currently is this addition by subtraction?

Soder is frigging faster then Strome and the guy is in his thirties.

Absolutely

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder.

The road game the Chicago Blackhawks were originally set to play last Saturday against the Carolina Hurricanes has a new date: May 6 at 6 p.m.

The NHL also shifted dates or times Tuesday for four other Hawks games.

• The March 20 game at the Tampa Bay Lightning moves up from 6 p.m. to 4 p.m.
  • The April 4 game at the Nashville Predators moves to April 19 at 7 p.m.
  • The May 6 game against the Dallas Stars at the United Center moves to May 9 at 6 p.m.
  • The May 8 home game against the Stars moves to May 10 at 7 p.m.

The league bumped last Saturday’s game in Raleigh, N.C., so the Hurricanes could host the Lightning that day. The Lightning had been set to play two games in Dallas last week, but those plans were scuttled by the Texas power outages brought on by freezing temperatures.

That weather along with COVID-19 postponements have had a domino effect on the NHL schedule.

The league announced 24 date changes and six time changes Tuesday, including the Hawks games.

Other than a time change, the Hawks’ March slate stays intact.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Beaudin is really flying under the radar. He's been really impressive carrying the mule named Zadorov.

Wasn't Zadorov brought in to bring open ice hits? Funny how things change once you get the jersey on.

Can we all admit Lankinen is legit?

This team went from being an after thought to middle of the pack good. They're not elite but I actually wonder where they would stack up if they had two of their better defensive forwards in the lineup in Toews and Dach.

With everyone healthy next year and a mini year of development for the kids, I really think you can start thinking Cup in a year or two

True open-ice hits are a rarity in today's NHL, so I wouldn't say he was brought in for that, but he was brought in (in my view) for his physicality in general. That said, he's looked like stir-fried shit (overall) recently, especially last game. He did have a stretch of decent play but has reverted back to crap the last couple games. I will give him props for going after Laine though (after Kane was targeted in Columbus), but that doesn't absolve his subpar play overall in the game.

Overall, I'm pleased with Lankinen but he's certainly not perfect. He's had some bad games, and last game against Columbus was one of those. He's still far from a finished product. After Niemi, I never say a goalie is legit until after I see him play his second full year in the league. When you're new, teams don't know your tendencies, but if you show you're capable in your first year, that's when opposing teams look into you, learn you weaknesses, and force you to adapt.

When I think I have this team figured out, something happens that makes me second-guess myself. Right now, after seeing them constantly blow multiple goal leads and getting the bulk of their wins in 3-on-3 OT, I worry that if this team does make the playoffs, they'll just be another first round exit again. They've exceeded expectations thus far -- yes -- but this still feels like an extremely fragile team.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True open-ice hits are a rarity in today's NHL, so I wouldn't say he was brought in for that, but he was brought in (in my view) for his physicality in general. That said, he's looked like stir-fried shit (overall) recently, especially last game. He did have a stretch of decent play but has reverted back to crap the last couple games. I will give him props for going after Laine though (after Kane was targeted in Columbus), but that doesn't absolve his subpar play overall in the game.

Overall, I'm pleased with Lankinen but he's certainly not perfect. He's had some bad games, and last game against Columbus was one of those. He's still far from a finished product. After Niemi, I never say a goalie is legit until after I see him play his second full year in the league. When you're new, teams don't know your tendencies, but if you show you're capable in your first year, that's when opposing teams look into you, learn you weaknesses, and force you to adapt.

When I think I have this team figured out, something happens that makes me second-guess myself. Right now, after seeing them constantly blow multiple goal leads and getting the bulk of their wins in 3-on-3 OT, I worry that if this team does make the playoffs, they'll just be another first round exit again. They've exceeded expectations thus far -- yes -- but this still feels like an extremely fragile team.
This year has such an odd feel to it,kinda like 'groundhog's day'..........what day is it and are we playing Columbus or Detroit again?LOL!
It's great to FINALLY see a handful of kids who look like they could be solid contributors and it's even better to see em gettin' ice time,with the exception of the logjam at D..........I'd rather see Beaudin out there than de HAAH but we got a firm grip on de HAAN.
My old,still quarantined ass is enjoying the wins right now but the real possibility of more 'no man's land' type mid-round picks doesn't acquire the elite youngsters still needed.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This year has such an odd feel to it,kinda like 'groundhog's day'..........what day is it and are we playing Columbus or Detroit again?LOL!
It's great to FINALLY see a handful of kids who look like they could be solid contributors and it's even better to see em gettin' ice time,with the exception of the logjam at D..........I'd rather see Beaudin out there than de HAAH but we got a firm grip on de HAAN.
My old,still quarantined ass is enjoying the wins right now but the real possibility of more 'no man's land' type mid-round picks doesn't acquire the elite youngsters still needed.
Does it really matter where the team picks, Staniel always finds a way to fuck it up.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does it really matter where the team picks, Staniel always finds a way to fuck it up.
BUT.....the blind pig has found a few acorns lately too so who knows.