hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
A good and fair point, and I agree that Subban shoulf get the next game.

Lankinen is so young though that long term this tendency can be corrected. I'm less wortied about that then I was with JC not doing anything to slow down Columbus in the 3rd and get his players' heads in the game.
That’s JC‘s weakness as a coach and why not having Toews around during those moments become more crucial with a young team.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I hear what you are saying but he only got beat once on the glove side and that was a deflected puck. I would like to see him right back in net but thats just my 2 cents
Yes, you are right, but that was the target of the Jackets that created there Scoring chances in which they capitalize on. Giving Kevin a rest would be a good coaching move.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It was known that the Defense was thin going into the season. I read an article on NHL.com fantasy page a few days ago. Fantasy hockey top 50 defenseman rankings. I know it's only fantasy stuff but out of the top 50, not one player on the Hawks is even listed which if nothing else, it's some sort of an indication of what the Hawks lack.

Any injuries, or covid protocol, on the D can have a huge effect and having Murphy out for a couple of weeks will weaken an already thin D corps. The young kids are doing well but they can only do so much and will make mistakes. I don't know if Lank can play out of his ass every night and keep bailing them out but he's the best we have between the pipes so let'skeep our fingers crossed.

But Boqvist......

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A good and fair point, and I agree that Subban shoulf get the next game.

Lankinen is so young though that long term this tendency can be corrected. I'm less wortied about that then I was with JC not doing anything to slow down Columbus in the 3rd and get his players' heads in the game.
It usually takes the league half a season or so to get a 'book' on a young tender but playing only a handful of teams this year and playing them in consecutive games has sped that process up. Good,yound tenders adapt and continue to work on their weaknesses,I believe Lanks is in this category...........with Jimmy Waite's help.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did this thread get merged with others? I'll stop making them if it's an issue.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why did this thread get merged with others? I'll stop making them if it's an issue.
It didn't, you just didn't notice my laziness in changing the title yesterday. I didn't think anyone would make one so I just updated.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It didn't, you just didn't notice my laziness in changing the title yesterday. I didn't think anyone would make one so I just updated.

My thread got added to it though. No biggie.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Stan will never get me believing in his vision. Obviously it’s what I have to live with until he is relieved of his duties which may never happen, you can be a fan of a team but dislike the direction management envisions.

Kind of a separate argument. I'm just saying, Kurashev, Suter, Lankinen etc. have looked good -- it's okay to admit that, even if you hate Bowman.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s JC‘s weakness as a coach and why not having Toews around during those moments become more crucial with a young team.
And Seabrook...if we're being completely honest.
~~~~
Really distills goatloads that I wasn't able to watch Lankinen's 1st goose-egg since we *just* got our power back on yesterday after 6 days without. Bloody ice storm.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well that was an interesting game. See what happens when I don't make a GDT.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Beaudin is really flying under the radar. He's been really impressive carrying the mule named Zadorov.

Wasn't Zadorov brought in to bring open ice hits? Funny how things change once you get the jersey on.

Can we all admit Lankinen is legit?

This team went from being an after thought to middle of the pack good. They're not elite but I actually wonder where they would stack up if they had two of their better defensive forwards in the lineup in Toews and Dach.

With everyone healthy next year and a mini year of development for the kids, I really think you can start thinking Cup in a year or two

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Beaudin is really flying under the radar. He's been really impressive carrying the mule named Zadorov.

Wasn't Zadorov brought in to bring open ice hits? Funny how things change once you get the jersey on.

Can we all admit Lankinen is legit?

This team went from being an after thought to middle of the pack good. They're not elite but I actually wonder where they would stack up if they had two of their better defensive forwards in the lineup in Toews and Dach.

With everyone healthy next year and a mini year of development for the kids, I really think you can start thinking Cup in a year or two
On one hand, a lot of the kids stepping up is good. Extremely good. That is the best surprise of this year.

On the other hand, middle of the pack is a bad place to be.

There are still holes on the team and honestly, Lankinen looked human last night. Same with the team D. Those will need to be patched, and soon ("soon" meaning in the next few years, not necessarily this season).

Plus, we also have to consider ebbs and flows. Compare Debrincat this year so far, last year, and the year before. Some of these kids will have fall-offs. That's okay--it's part of the learning curve.

On-ice I think we're looking okay--as long as the 'hawks keep the right players. It's the off-ice part that worries me--in the next few seasons.

For now, I'll just enjoy the kids' development.

...and I'm glad Hagel got his 1st. Kid's been working hard and deserves it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'll come down to the Hawks and Stars for the 4th spot,Detroit,Columbus and Trashville are hapless squads devoid of elite talent.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Liking Soderberg, big galoot with 3pts last night. Always in the dirty areas. Notice Suter is always around the net too. Zad should have gone after Savard for messing with Kane. Crazy game, happens once in a while

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Liking Soderberg, big galoot with 3pts last night. Always in the dirty areas. Notice Suter is always around the net too. Zad should have gone after Savard for messing with Kane. Crazy game, happens once in a while

Yeah,
I was hoping Zad would line him up. He seems to have been muzzled lately though.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
With Strome out currently is this addition by subtraction?

Soder is frigging faster then Strome and the guy is in his thirties.