Liked Posts:
welp there is our typical Defence

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean I know we joke about giving up 5 goals a game, but damn another game we may give 5 goals.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well another 5 goals agianst

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There we go! Florida with the try.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can’t wait for another 3 years of JC on the bench.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its crazy that they had him miked up about 30 seconds before he pots one. Put him in front of the camera more often, he liked it.
Atta boy MURPH
[/QUOTE

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JC reminds me of my sons Pee-Wee Coach. Just standing on the bench staring off into the oblivion shaking his head. No Coaching just staring like it’s magically goning to fix itself

*all while chewing gum with a disinterested look on his face

I'm certainly not a fan of the Bowmans but what else would you have them do? They need a few big time players. The contracts of Toews, Kane and Seabrook have a choke hold on the Cap.......it has to be the draft so they need a top draft pick. A number one, two or three preferably. You bring back Crow and you win a few more games but you're still not playoff team and now you're picking in the 9 or 10 slot. Let the kids get some experience while these goalies go about their business of losing the points.

But those siffling contracts are Stan's fault, no?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...

it could be worse. We have continued to get into some positive back and forth action. Our threat to score is real and keeps respectful engagement and caution.

Three games in we have yet to lead, but I think its possible to get one, and then we will see who we really are.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm certainly not a fan of the Bowmans but what else would you have them do? They need a few big time players. The contracts of Toews, Kane and Seabrook have a choke hold on the Cap.......it has to be the draft so they need a top draft pick. A number one, two or three preferably. You bring back Crow and you win a few more games but you're still not playoff team and now you're picking in the 9 or 10 slot. Let the kids get some experience while these goalies go about their business of losing the points.

Well...they could start by accepting the gifts the draft brings them instead of locking onto their guy!!

For fucks sake the bubble fucked our draft position and somehow La Pierre the best two-way player falls to us and a top 3 offensive player and a center with playmaking skills who belongs in the top 5 of draft...and we fucking pass. Yes...that is exactly the type of players we need.

But we would have to actually select them if given the chance.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Delia is pure chaos in the net

He did go swimming a bit last night, but I still think he's the best goalie goalie we have. Not saying much, and is an extremely small sample size, but I wouldn't be mad if Colliton went back to him for game 1 against Detroit. With regard to last night, a lot of those goals were not his fault, at least in my view. In his defense, it's kind of hard to stop pucks when your players are tipping it in your net.

I thought Zadorov played his best game so far. He's slower than I thought, but overall, he was decent last night. Suter has been a very pleasant surprise.

In order for this team to win, our veterans have to be perfect. So when Kane goes offsides and when Keith plays like complete dog shit as he did last night, this team isn't going to win. There's no room for error, particularly on their parts. Perhaps that's somewhat unfair for the vets, but it's the truth. That offsides by Kane last night was a rookie mistake.

Granada

Liked Posts:
JC reminds me of my sons Pee-Wee Coach. Just standing on the bench staring off into the oblivion shaking his head. No Coaching just staring like it’s magically goning to fix itself

I haven't seen a post-game press conference from him this year, so maybe he's learned not to do it (hopefully), but what pisses me off most about him is his shit-eating grin he displays in his post-games. It's like he can't help himself. I remember him grinning when the Hawks just got their asses handed to them by something like 8-2, and he's just grinning like some cocky asshole.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
*all while chewing gum with a disinterested look on his face

But those siffling contracts are Stan's fault, no?

Ironic, isn't it? The fact that Rocky is having the same guy who put this team in this position be the guy that's supposed to dig them out of it. It smacks of the Wirtz/Pulford blind loyality of years gone by. I'm not saying Bowman is the right guy to be revamping this team or anything for that matter, I'm only saying that if the plan is tanking with a bad coach and poor goalies....it is a good move, possibly their only move.. You don't want to push a young goalie into the breech, so you use two guys that being a regular NHL goalie was only a pipedream anyway. It's a way for the young skaters to play without blaming themselves for losses. With JC, you hire him to take the beatings on a short term contract....when you have the team ready to compete again, you unhire him then find a place in the organization for him as thanks. That's when you bring in a real NHL coach.

I think Bigfoot said that no team with Kane, Toews and Keith should be a last place team. Well....Keith is no longer Keith as he continues to jump into the play offensively when he no longer has the speed to get back like he used to. He's still pretty decent offensively but he is no better than average overall as a Dman. Hopefully it's not true but if the rumors are correct, Toews may be done for good. Which leaves Kaner.....still an elite player but the problem is that he's too smart not to know what's going on here and it's showing in his play thus far. The word disinterested comes to mind.

I just don't understand why you people don't see what they are trying to do. They sent out a letter to Hawk fans basically telling everyone what was coming. If done right, they can rebuild this in a relatively short amount of time but it requires getting high draft picks and getting rid of some players that most of us have come to enjoy. Crow was the first one.....more will follow. You have to hit on the picks, you can't swing and miss. Bowman. The only thing that scares me about all of this is Bowman.

Last edited:

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Defense and goal tending.... oof.
Not bagging on your observation, but zero surprise about that: Keith is probably a 2, bunch of 5/6/7 after that...I'm not impressed with Zadarov or DeHaan, and Murphy sucks...never been impressed with him...I'd take beaten up aging Hammer over him any day of the week and twice on Sunday....the whole thing adds up to shit.

Subban is never going to be a NHL starter. Delia and Lankinen are inexperienced at best right now, and playing behind this defense isn't going to be good for trying to develop them if they are serviceable.