Liked Posts:
cut.png

PREVIEW: Blackhawks at Panthers - Jan. 19, 2021

PREVIEW: Blackhawks at Panthers - Jan. 19, 2021
Chicago closes four-game road trip with second meeting against Florida
by Carter Baum @CarterBaum

TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720AM / TUDN 1200AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp
The Blackhawks wrap up their season-opening road swing to Florida on Tuesday night, looking to pick up their first win of the season before heading home as they meet the Panthers for the second time.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI
: 0-3-0, 0 PTS
FLA: 1-0-0, 2 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago fell 5-2 in the first meeting of the season on Sunday night, with Alex DeBrincat and Connor Murphy scoring goals in the loss. Collin Delia made his second straight start in goal, making 24 saves on the night.
Jonathan Huberdeau led the way for Florida with a goal and two assists in the Panthers' first game of the season. Chris Driedger made 25 saves in the victory.

SIMPLIFY THE GAME

With 15 goals against in three games and just five goals for the opposite way, the Blackhawks are working to simplify their game on Tuesday in Florida.

"Offensively, I don't think we've gotten going yet," newcomer Mattias Janmark explained on Monday. "When I looked at this team last year, they were a tremendous team offensively. When they get in the offensive zone, they start rolling and they're a hard team to play against. You can't really defend it because you don't know where the offense is going to come from. I don't think we've gotten that game going yet and we haven't been good enough. Defensively, I just think sometimes we've been out of sync in their transitions. Against Tampa, we got scored on a lot of times on odd-man rushes. Just out of sync in some areas there."

"Small margins in games, but we haven't been good enough to earn our win yet," Janmark continued. "I would say it's a little bit of both. We haven't been good enough offensively and then defensively we've had a few breakdowns and we've gotten scored on those. We're going to have to tighten that up. The identity of this team, we're going to have to score more goals and be better offensively, hungrier."
The transition might not take place over night, but the head coach Jeremy Colliton is only looking forward for his still-developing, still-progressing group.

"There's lots of improvement points for our team, no question. We've got to be better every day. That's got to be the focus. We're not going to dwell on any one mistake, but we want to be relentless in trying to get better all the time. Right back at practice (Monday), we went for 45-50 minutes and I thought the energy was good, attention to detail was good. That's what we're going to need day in and day out, week after week after week."

POWER CAT
DeBrincat scored from the left faceoff dot on the power play in the second period for the second straight game on Sunday, notching his second goal of the young season. It marked the fourth time in his career that he has had a PPG in consecutive games. Since entering the league in 2017-18, Debrincat's 31 power-play goals are the most among Blackhawks players and shares 13th among NHL skaters during that span.
With an assist to his name in Friday night's loss to Tampa, the winger has three points over his last two outings and has factored in three of Chicago's last four goals on the year. DeBrincat's three points (2G, 1A) lead Chicago's scoring.

SWISS BLISS
Pius Suter recorded his first career NHL point with an assist on Sunday night. He is the second Swiss-born player (Reto Von Arx) in Blackhawks history to record an NHL point. Von Arx totaled four points (3G, 1A) in 19 games with Chicago during the 2000-01 campaign.
Philipp Kurashev made his NHL debut on Friday night, joining Von Arx and Suter as the only Swiss-born players in franchise history.

I'm predicting Kubs and Kurashev pot one tonight.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Lankienen is in the net. Give this guy a try. If not here comes another 5 goals against games

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right on schedule again Taterman....thanks
I'd like to finally see Lankinen at the big league level too but no news of the callup from the taxi squad so far.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'd actually give Delia one more game. His team really didn't help him much last game; two of the goals went off of Debrincat and de Haan, another goal was pretty much a 2-on-1 after Keith got burned. I really didn't think Delia played all that terribly last game.

I would understand going with Lankinen if the Hawks had won at least one of their first three games here, but you're desperate for a win at this point. I know Detroit sucks -- so Lankinen would make sense, as they would be a good team for a rookie to get his feet wet against -- but again, you don't want to start the year 0-4.

Soderberg should be in tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Delia will obviously get better and has athleticism and the fighting spirit.

Its too soon, and Suppan will probably roll tonight against Bob I would imagine.

Everyone settle down, have absolutely no fear, Lahtenen will get his opportunity sooner than later, but we have 52 games to survive. These guys need to at least give us 10-20 before we start pulling the drain.

Then Lahtenen splits the next 10-20 with the winner.

Then Nalimov finishes the last 10-20 with the second playoff.

If we go 0-30-0 and burn through all 4...well then there will be a trade.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Delia will obviously get better and has athleticism and the fighting spirit.

Its too soon, and Suppan will probably roll tonight against Bob I would imagine.

Everyone settle down, have absolutely no fear, Lahtenen will get his opportunity sooner than later, but we have 52 games to survive. These guys need to at least give us 10-20 before we start pulling the drain.

Then Lahtenen splits the next 10-20 with the winner.

Then Nalimov finishes the last 10-20 with the second playoff.
I believe Nalimov's playin' the year in Russia,he won't come over w/o a guarantee he's on the big club.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd actually give Delia one more game. His team really didn't help him much last game; two of the goals went off of Debrincat and de Haan, another goal was pretty much a 2-on-1 after Keith got burned. I really didn't think Delia played all that terribly last game.

I would understand going with Lankinen if the Hawks had won at least one of their first three games here, but you're desperate for a win at this point. I know Detroit sucks -- so Lankinen would make sense, as they would be a good team for a rookie to get his feet wet against -- but again, you don't want to start the year 0-4.

No announcement on the Hawk's home page this morning,didn't they say he'd join the team after the road trip on the 22nd?

Granada

Liked Posts:
No announcement on the Hawk's home page this morning,didn't they say he'd join the team after the road trip on the 22nd?

I was going by the following quote/article regarding Soderberg:

"Soderberg finally got his visa, traveled to Chicago, beginning his quarantine," Bowman told Blackhawks media on a Zoom call. "He’s not going to be on the road trip as a result, [would] just be wrapping up quarantine, so we’ll let him settle in here, serve his seven-day quarantine, be ready to join the team when we come back from Florida."

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't think this (as in the 2021 hawks) team will ever help the netminder. I've seen better looking open autopsies.

While I'm at the point of seeing what Lankien has as opposed to him rotting away, and I definitely wouldn't be against Delia starting, I'm thinking Subban gets a shot so that he and Delia have at least 2 games each and compare...because right now their stats are even: .848 with 5.00 GAA. I think they might want to even up Delia & Subban to see if either is measurably better or worse behind the prolapsed anal tract we call Team Defense.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don't think this (as in the 2021 hawks) team will ever help the netminder. I've seen better looking open autopsies.

While I'm at the point of seeing what Lankien has as opposed to him rotting away, and I definitely wouldn't be against Delia starting, I'm thinking Subban gets a shot so that he and Delia have at least 2 games each and compare...because right now their stats are even: .848 with 5.00 GAA. I think they might want to even up Delia & Subban to see if either is measurably better or worse behind the prolapsed anal tract we call Team Defense.

That's the thing, any of the three would make sense, really -- but I think I'd still go with Delia just to send him the message that last game was not his fault and maybe help his confidence a little bit. Then go with Subban for game 2 (unless Delia plays lights out). Either way, you can't just keep endlessly rotating these three; even in a rebuilding year, it's better to figure it out as soon as possible and give your potential number one next year more reps this year. And to me, Delia has been better than Subban.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe Nalimov's playin' the year in Russia,he won't come over w/o a guarantee he's on the big club.
His agents are blind then if he was afraid of this competition. I swear he came over at the end of last season and was ready to go for the Hogs if not for Covid.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the thing, any of the three would make sense, really -- but I think I'd still go with Delia just to send him the message that last game was not his fault and maybe help his confidence a little bit. Then go with Subban for game 2 (unless Delia plays lights out). Either way, you can't just keep endlessly rotating these three; even in a rebuilding year, it's better to figure it out as soon as possible and give your potential number one next year more reps this year. And to me, Delia has been better than Subban.
I think they did what you said yeh?

Delia is reported to always win the strength and conditioning competitions so he has some tools. Absolutely a tornado and he plays very many games I expect somebody's throat to get cut, hopefully that will be a dickhead opponent and not one of our own or a respectful guy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lankinen in NET TONIGHT BOYS
Is Suppan injured or we are really that bad at managing the psyche's of young and developing players?

He gets one shot against Tampa? Thats it? lol