GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Florida Panthers - 6:00 cst 1/19/21

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kubi is a first line talent.

What are the odds his minutes drop next game?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One out of 8 extends out to 14 for the season out of 112 possible...?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Tater has the best GDT in the business

I'm predicting Kubs and Kurashev pot one tonight.

tenor.gif

iu

#CALLEDIT

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
5 is the loneliest number that you ever knew.....

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His agents are blind then if he was afraid of this competition. I swear he came over at the end of last season and was ready to go for the Hogs if not for Covid.
He did come over before the virus hit and I thought he was willing to start a few in the 'A' but he never did. He has been quoted that he didn't want to play a season in Rockford though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Consistently consistent
It weird. think about it though. It has to be super hard to give up 5 goals in 4 straight games? Have you ever seen 4 straight with 0? 1? 2? it's damn near impossible, but yet somehow 5 is a magic number? You have to almost try to do it don't you? I can see giving up 5 in 3 of 4 maybe and definately 2 of 4, or even 2 of 3, but 4 straight games? That's just fucking weird. You would think you'd at least get a 4 or 6 in there somewhere. And yes I know one went to OT but point stands.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It weird. think about it though. It has to be super hard to give up 5 goals in 4 straight games? Have you ever seen 4 straight with 0? 1? 2? it's damn near impossible, but yet somehow 5 is a magic number? You have to almost try to do it don't you? I can see giving up 5 in 3 of 4 maybe and definately 2 of 4, or even 2 of 3, but 4 straight games? That's just fucking weird. You would think you'd at least get a 4 or 6 in there somewhere. And yes I know one went to OT but point stands.
It has to do with the job being done, except in the last game. Its not an accident(random), those games might have been worse but we didn't challenge. The only natural 5 felt like the last one and due to our offense against what is actually a poor offensive team, imo. Though I am a fan of Hornquist and think if Bob gets right I like their team and changes.

The question is CAN we hold a team under 5?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
They lost, but fun game to watch.

Kurashev impressed me. Kubalik is the real deal. Stammer like laser...Can't judge Lank harshly off that game. I like that Zad the Impaler is chopping wood. Love the 4th line. Expect Suter to pot some soon. Cat seems more invested. PP looks really good

Know they will suck but loving that hockey is back, and excited to see some youngsters progress. Super bummed that Dach is out (and of course the Captain), was really ready to watch him take a step or three.

Going to score alot and give up alot, which sounds familiar

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
He did come over before the virus hit and I thought he was willing to start a few in the 'A' but he never did. He has been quoted that he didn't want to play a season in Rockford though.
Don't blame him.

Having crack heads ask him for a dollar or cigarettes on the way to the BMO isn't something I would want either

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not sure how much more obvious that these guys could careless to listen to JC. It’s been the same mistakes since JC was hired that is happening in the D-Zone. Either the system sucks, the players do not trust it, or they don’t trust JC.Something has to give cause the breakdowns that are happening are youth level mistakes
Boqvist looked unnoticeably better after the injury scare. Mitchell seemed to smarten up after the pinch. Given their tenure in the league mistakes are going to be made...but as long as the progress is upward (if even slightly), then okay. Ditto of one or both should go to Rockford to focus on a severe lack in their game.

Same with the goalies: They're all varying levels of green and the onus most certainly should not be on them to carry the team's carcass.

The major issue I'm having is that our vets on D are blowing it, and you couple that with JC doing fuck-all. As mentioned, you have to split up Keith and Murph on the PK. They have screwed it up for all 3 netminders. I don't think it matters that Neither Keith nor Murphy have shown the hockeyIQ to realize that one of them needs to help out their goalie in the crease, nor JC has split them up yet, but it is affecting the development because it does look like JC is relying on that pair to do the heavy lifting. Why? Split one of them with Zaddy (with instructions to clear the crease) and the other with either DeHaan or one of the youth to bring them through the motions and see if they have some PK prowess.

And if the fear is that they'll be scored upon? For Smeg's sake what do you think has been happening when Keith and Murph out out there on the PK?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boqvist looked unnoticeably better after the injury scare. Mitchell seemed to smarten up after the pinch. Given their tenure in the league mistakes are going to be made...but as long as the progress is upward (if even slightly), then okay. Ditto of one or both should go to Rockford to focus on a severe lack in their game.

Same with the goalies: They're all varying levels of green and the onus most certainly should not be on them to carry the team's carcass.

The major issue I'm having is that our vets on D are blowing it, and you couple that with JC doing fuck-all. As mentioned, you have to split up Keith and Murph on the PK. They have screwed it up for all 3 netminders. I don't think it matters that Neither Keith nor Murphy have shown the hockeyIQ to realize that one of them needs to help out their goalie in the crease, nor JC has split them up yet, but it is affecting the development because it does look like JC is relying on that pair to do the heavy lifting. Why? Split one of them with Zaddy (with instructions to clear the crease) and the other with either DeHaan or one of the youth to bring them through the motions and see if they have some PK prowess.

And if the fear is that they'll be scored upon? For Smeg's sake what do you think has been happening when Keith and Murph out out there on the PK?
What gets me is Keith,Murphy and de Haan all know how to play defense and all have been great to average positionally in the past and now it looks like they don't know where to be most of the time. Murph surprises me the most cause he's in his prime and has been a reliable defender throughout his career.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What gets me is Keith,Murphy and de Haan all know how to play defense and all have been great to average positionally in the past and now it looks like they don't know where to be most of the time. Murph surprises me the most cause he's in his prime and has been a reliable defender throughout his career.
The coach is an asshat who is in way over his head. The players have zero respect for him and don‘t give a crap about what he is selling, because they ain’t buying. It’s obvious when you watch the Hawks, there is zero chemistry, zero team culture, the team is in the abyss swimming around hoping and praying that maybe the cancer of a GM will just go away and not until that time will we see some product on the ice where the players actually care.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The coach is an asshat who is in way over his head. The players have zero respect for him and don‘t give a crap about what he is selling, because they ain’t buying. It’s obvious when you watch the Hawks, there is zero chemistry, zero team culture, the team is in the abyss swimming around hoping and praying that maybe the cancer of a GM will just go away and not until that time will we see some product on the ice where the players actually care.

I like the cut of your jib.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Based on the eye-test it looks like Keith and Murph are trying to do the same thing from the opposite sides of the crease. Both look like they are tying to patrol between the circle and outside of the top of the crease, but not below. It also looks like both are expecting the other to cover down low.

It also looks like JC is pretty much relying on those two to carry the brunt of PK work. As @hawkinmontreal eloquently put it...that's an asshat move. There's no reason to over-rely on the core in this case--and it might make more sense to split them up to give double the vet presence to the youth and give them someone who's been-there/done that to bring them along.

Of course...that is predicated on the coach actually coaching, and coaching for a rebuild. So far this season I haven't seen much of that from JC.