GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Florida Panthers - 6:00 cst 1/19/21

Granada

Liked Posts:
What gets me is Keith,Murphy and de Haan all know how to play defense and all have been great to average positionally in the past and now it looks like they don't know where to be most of the time. Murph surprises me the most cause he's in his prime and has been a reliable defender throughout his career.

Honestly, I never really liked Murphy or de Haan. I always viewed them as 4-at-best or 5th D-men. They were always bargain "top 4" D-men, and neither are really suitable for the top tandem. They're more suitable for the third tandem on a really deep team, or second tandem with a stud #3.

Keith looks lost out there defensively, but ironically, he looks pretty solid offensively and on the PP. I don't know what's going on there, if it's just age or a lack of interest, or both. As far as Murphy goes, the guy just isn't very good, and he won't get better at this point/age (28 in March). I guess you could blame the system, but that excuse doesn't really work in his case because he's been here for many years now and looked blah at best in both Q and Colliton's systems. I thought perhaps Keith looks so bad because he's not used to playing with Murphy and is used to leaving his man to cover his ex-partner Boqvist's, but that's probably a cop-out. That's hard for me to say because Keith is and has always been my favorite current-era Blackhawk.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I never really liked Murphy or de Haan. I always viewed them as 4-at-best or 5th D-men. They were always bargain "top 4" D-men, and neither are really suitable for the top tandem. They're more suitable for the third tandem on a really deep team, or second tandem with a stud #3.

Keith looks lost out there defensively, but ironically, he looks pretty solid offensively and on the PP. I don't know what's going on there, if it's just age or a lack of interest, or both. As far as Murphy goes, the guy just isn't very good, and he won't get better at this point/age (28 in March). I guess you could blame the system, but that excuse doesn't really work in his case because he's been here for many years now and looked blah at best in both Q and Colliton's systems. I thought perhaps Keith looks so bad because he's not used to playing with Murphy and is used to leaving his man to cover his ex-partner Boqvist's, but that's probably a cop-out. That's hard for me to say because Keith is and has always been my favorite current-era Blackhawk.
I agree Murph and de Haan are mid-pair at best, both have weaknesses but both have been decent positionally in the past. I know talent is lacking on the back end but none of the D-men seem to know where they're supposed to be most of the time......forwards too.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad coach gets 2 yr extension from bad GM. No fans to not show up for games to show their dislike for the state of the team. Only way for fans to show their displeasue is through sites like this. It's the absolute best time to tank. Vent all you want, it won't change anything.

For the Blackhawks, it's the perfect storm.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad coach gets 2 yr extension from bad GM. No fans to not show up for games to show their dislike for the state of the team. Only way for fans to show their displeasue is through sites like this. It's the absolute best time to tank. Vent all you want, it won't change anything.

For the Blackhawks, it's the perfect storm.
And the last storm lasted forty nine years my friend.......lived through all of em.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
What gets me is Keith,Murphy and de Haan all know how to play defense and all have been great to average positionally in the past and now it looks like they don't know where to be most of the time. Murph surprises me the most cause he's in his prime and has been a reliable defender throughout his career.

Could it be because they dont trust the forwards to do their job and they feel that they have to do more?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could it be because they dont trust the forwards to do their job and they feel that they have to do more?
I would like to think that any player who wears an A and is most likely a first-ballot HoF'er is smart enough to be able to interpret their own past performance and adjust their game style accordingly.

Taking that into consideration, Keith has shown that he has learned to not do that. All 2018 he tried to do too much and didn't have the skill anymore to do that--and as a result he had his worst professional year to date. He was much better in 2019 and 2020 because he wasn't trying to overcompensate for his partners on the backend, and had much better years--Not 2010, 2013, or playoff 2015 years, but good years nonetheless.

Keith this year doesn't look like he's trying to do too much. If anything it looks like he's trying to compensate for age and hasn't quite adapted his age-related slowdown to where he needs to be, coupled with getting fixed into "this is how he's played for so long"--which is why he and Murph have been useless on the PK: They're both trying to do the same things without deference to one another. I think that's less on them and more on JC for not seeing this, and splitting them up (especially since their mentorship would go far for the young guys on the PK).

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Am I the only person who thinks Bustvist is in the NHL is because Stan had a lapdog coach who does everything he tells him to do?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

If it's lack of interest I'm really not blaming him at all

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I live in FL and have subscribed to the NHL streaming thing for several years. I won't be able to watch it closely tonight due to other things going on but the game will be on in the background. The previous games in FL were on standard local cable so this will be a first for streaming this season. It just came on. It will be much better with Blackhawk coverage rather than away broadcast crews.

Rmarco

Liked Posts:
I cant find a stream and live on canada . cant find a broadcast either

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lankinen to Kane: "You're Welcome"

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We look better, but it could be a case of the resistable force meets the movable object.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nicely done Kaner!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers