GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wangs - 11:30 cst 1/24/21

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Nice win but against one of the worst teams in the NHL. A few nifty passes and goals in the game though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice win but against one of the worst teams in the NHL. A few nifty passes and goals in the game though.
worst teams of the century missing 5 virus infected guys.

Thankful for Detroit this season or it could get unbearable.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta give the Hawks some credit for it but can a team look less interested than the Wings did yesterday? It's hard to believe they have two wins!
Half the Hawk forwards now weight in under 180lbs as do 1/3 of the D,things could look different against big,heavy teams that actually want to win.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Gotta give the Hawks some credit for it but can a team look less interested than the Wings did yesterday? It's hard to believe they have two wins!
Half the Hawk forwards now weight in under 180lbs as do 1/3 of the D,things could look different against big,heavy teams that actually want to win.

Yeah I'm not getting too excited overall, but I've been shocked at how the PP has been performing all year. Going by the old board, I know we both knew how losing our best net-front presence in Shaw would hurt the PP when he was let go. I'm not saying all the success this year is due to his return, but it's been damn nice seeing him back in that role again. Not the biggest guy in the world by any means but is still, to me, the best net front presence we have on the team. Just goes to show you that you can't just plop a big guy in front of the net; it's an art form. Plus seeing Shaw completely bulldoze that one Red Wing in Game 1 (forgot who it was now) when he entered the attack zone -- just glorious. Shaw, in these past two games, has looked like the old Shaw.

Like many, I've really been impressed with Suter and Mitchell, and Kurashev to a lesser degree. It's way too early to say, but if two of those three can pan out -- especially Mitchell -- that has the potential to be a decent future core (Dach, Kubalik, Debrincat), just wish Boqvist could find his game.

Zadorov didn't impress me the first couple games, but I liked what he brought to the table against Detroit, particularly in that second game. It's just such a nice change to see a Blackhawk who doesn't take the opposition's shit and isn't afraid in post-whistle scrums, etc. I also thought Soderberg had a pretty decent showing.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
They are way too small for sure. Look at Kampf. How can you be 6.2 and weigh 188?? I am 6.1 and weigh 205. ( not fat )