GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Tampa Bay Lightning - 6:00 cst 1/15/21

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Better, I know one goal was his fault but i do like Mitchells game dont know what u do with 27. Lankinen up Sunday.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Through 2 games vs the defending Cup Champs I know that:

Kane will be great for 2+ more years (if healthy)

Missing Toews/Dach hurts a lot

Strome, Dabrincat, and Kubalik should be solid players to hold on to

Suter has looked good, and Kurashev was noticable tonight

Shaw is doing well, but probably not in the Hawks future

The D and goaltending suck, but Zadorov is a big physical Dman at least

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have the Blackhawks or the NHL ever have a season with pointless team?

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
My informed analysis and conclusion from watching the Hawks tonight: woof.

We have bottom-feeder level talent on the roster, and the fact the The Lesser is employed in any capacity in the NHL is insulting.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team is a disaster

But isn't that exactly what is needed? It's another Covid-19 season. No fans. Excitement is at an all time low. There is really no better time for this to happen. So....we take the beatings that this team so richly deserves while we develop the younger players. Anyone over 25 who manages to have a good season should be looked on as trade bait. Maybe they strike it big at the deadline...who knows? Maybe someone will even be interested in Kaner, even with that contract.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Diehard is right. Perfect time to
But isn't that exactly what is needed? It's another Covid-19 season. No fans. Excitement is at an all time low. There is really no better time for this to happen. So....we take the beatings that this team so richly deserves while we develop the younger players. Anyone over 25 who manages to have a good season should be looked on as trade bait. Maybe they strike it big at the deadline...who knows? Maybe someone will even be interested in Kaner, even with that contract.

yep if you gonna tank this is the best time to do it

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Boqvist isn't an NHL defenseman.

Mitchell isn't good, but he's fixable. His problem is trying too hard while Boqvist is trying to do everything. I say you leave Mitchell up but you have to send Boqvist either down or back to europe.
He just isn't ready and honestly played alot better last year with Keith.

Delia is bad.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the team's gonna score any goals at all,some combo of Strome/D-Cat/Kane HAS to stay together. Shaw's been as effective as any forward so far,put him with Strome and D-Cat and get Kane with Kubalik.......he needs to be set up like any sniper does.
It still looks like nobody knows where to be defensively but that's been a thing for the last few years.

Get Lankinen a start or ten!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My informed analysis and conclusion from watching the Hawks tonight: woof.

We have bottom-feeder level talent on the roster, and the fact the The Lesser is employed in any capacity in the NHL is insulting.
hahahah. I love that you call him that.

I am simply concerned that we not get too noticed by the record books. If we can just peak out of statistical note, given we only play 6 different teams 8 or 9 times, I think everyone will have to let it go.

But this season has some serious quirks, and maybe something like the Lighnting going 52-0 or something...will get all statistical thoughts throne out. Some weird record will be broken this year for sure, because paper rock scissors match-ups could lead to a team like T.B. basically being unbeatable by just 6 teams. You assume Colombus has the formula on them, but sans Dubois and its a different year...

what I am saying is usually 31 teams gang up on a champion and give them hell, as we have personally seen what it took...basically 5 years of big games on a nightly basis to wear down the Hawks dynasty. It wasn't just that we were small...it was that every single NHL team was keyed up to play us and give us hell, especially former Hawks and high turnover meant another was scoring on us seemingly every night.

But 6 teams may not be able to afford going at the Lightning every night. They may just pull away early and teams just start trying to get through that game instead.

This is going to be weird as fuck...just book that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't want to hide the only point I had in that "good morning I am already stoned as fuck" block of morning poo.

1. These Hawks better play 52 games as hard as they possibly can to avoid mathematical memories. They need to start now. Just win 6 games and you'll be ok or thrown out of discussions due to circumstance. 7 games is the free and clear number, forgotten. But every win for us will take a miracle and 3 periods of focus.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could even see teams in our division turning it up a notch against Detroit and Chicago all season, desperate for those points.

We need to fight and fight early not to be seen as prey. This season is going to be weird as fuck mathematically. We aren't good enough to survive a slow start, or avoid one.