GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Tampa Bay Lightning - 7:00 cst 1/13/21

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Sure they were gonna suck from the beginning. But how many teams can lose their top 2 centers without missing a beat? And someone who knows this team and the game please tell me, how many goals should I expect from DeBrincat? Was his 41 goal season a fluke? Thks.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if Toews retired and they were like..."why don't you take some time to reflect" and now he is like...

"all the fans think I have AIDS."
REALLY?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No matter how much you shuffle the roster around...it's an AHL lineup.

Personally, I think you gotta stick with what is working and try some stuff that makes logical sense at this point as opposed to trying to spread the misery:

1: Don't break up the 4th line. They work. It may be nothing more than an NHL-level 4th line, but it's NHL level.
2: Get Kane and Koob together. Kane is the best setup man we got. Koob is the 2nd best finisher we got (behind Kane). Might as well get those two clicking and let Strom/Debrincat sink or swim with someone else on the line that can do the dirty work--Shaw comes to mind. It might not help the team overall but might be best for progression.
I was thinking the same thing.
Put Shaw with Strome and D-Cat,Shaw still keeps pucks alive(as he did on the only goal)and he had a little mo-jo with the two in preseason last year.
This allows your best setup man Kane the ability to setup your sniper Kubalik,I dunno which 4LC would center that line but Kane has to be with Kubalik IMO. Continue to skate Kubalik in a 3rd line checking role and his goals will be cut in half like D-Cat's were last year........who the fuck does that?
I also don't know how Pirri floatin' around makes more sense than Kurashev getting minutes.......which of the two are the team's future?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure they were gonna suck from the beginning. But how many teams can lose their top 2 centers without missing a beat? And someone who knows this team and the game please tell me, how many goals should I expect from DeBrincat? Was his 41 goal season a fluke? Thks.
He should get 30 a year if you give him Strome and a capable power forward. Do not give him Kane or Shaw its redundant.

He scores his goals on the fast break in open ice, not bunched up weaving around giants while Kane freezes the puck.
Of course Kane pays off in the end, but your wasting his skills and maximizing his weaknesses.

Kane looks good with everybody. That trio creates match-up nightmares for everyone else, imo(ON OUR TEAM NOT THEIRS!!).

I can't fix these lines..and I don't understand the goal. Is the goal not to be embarrassed or to win because they are different.

If you want to win enough games not to break records keep Cat-Strome-Kane together and statistically we should float up to win a few games. If you want to learn how to compete and not embarrass yourself, while in a tank year...

Kubalik-Kampf-Kane
Suter?-Strome-Barrett? (at least you got some talented young lads in their physical prime and young enough to bang)
Janmark-Soderberg-Wallmark
Shaw-Carp-?

Dach and Toews are obviously a nightmare to replace. A 10 million center and a guy specifically drafted #3 overall to fix the pussification of this team. The two toughest guys we got are missing, so the bunch of pussies are going to watch a goaltender just get chopped at.

Suppan never seen shit like that before in Vegas. Maybe it gets him to focus on rebound control. I like the guys twitch, his technique to his right is fine, I don't know why his left side is broken, but he isn't a very big person and his technique and aggression need to be perfect like Crow.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I was thinking the same thing.
Put Shaw with Strome and D-Cat,Shaw still keeps pucks alive(as he did on the only goal)and he had a little mo-jo with the two in preseason last year.
This allows your best setup man Kane the ability to setup your sniper Kubalik,I dunno which 4LC would center that line but Kane has to be with Kubalik IMO. Continue to skate Kubalik in a 3rd line checking role and his goals will be cut in half like D-Cat's were last year........who the fuck does that?
I also don't know how Pirri floatin' around makes more sense than Kurashev getting minutes.......which of the two are the team's future?
They're playing the kids tho (sarc)

KBIB

Liked Posts:
After a second watch, Zadorov was actually very good. Mitchell had moments where he looked like shit but he really wasn't as bad a Boqvist. Good passes for a first game.

Even Zads gave up on Boqvist. That's really not a good look.

You can't pair up Murphy and Keith, both are so used to covering up the forwards that neither stand in front of the crease. I hate to say it, but you have to pair Keith with Seabs already.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
After a second watch, Zadorov was actually very good. Mitchell had moments where he looked like shit but he really wasn't as bad a Boqvist. Good passes for a first game.

Even Zads gave up on Boqvist. That's really not a good look.

You can't pair up Murphy and Keith, both are so used to covering up the forwards that neither stand in front of the crease. I hate to say it, but you have to pair Keith with Seabs already.

Ugh, I could barely get through watching it once. When I saw Pirri skating on the PP I just had to face-palm.

The roster is so brutal that any time spent on analyzing and blending lines seems wasteful. It feels like the entire roster is comprised of Bears QBs.

The FO should have mercy on #2 and #88 and ship them out to respectable teams, they need not suffer any more of The Lesser.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Ugh, I could barely get through watching it once. When I saw Pirri skating on the PP I just had to face-palm.

The roster is so brutal that any time spent on analyzing and blending lines seems wasteful. It feels like the entire roster is comprised of Bears QBs.

The FO should have mercy on #2 and #88 and ship them out to respectable teams, they need not suffer any more of The Lesser.
I don't think you can trade Kane even if you were getting a bounty back. He's pretty much the face of the Blackhawks right now and the bottom line is he sells alot of jerseys.

I can see them shipping Keith off for nothing and watching him go god mode in the playoffs for another team, tho. His reactions to a couple goals said alot about how much he's going to put up with a losing season.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Fluke? No the kid is a sniper.

In this system or whatever it is JC is calling it, he's going to be lucky to pot 20.

If they were playing run and gun pond hockey like when they first aquired Strome, 40 goals would be a possibility for Cat, but not now. Too many scrubs, all the offense on one line so teams can focus on them, he isn't gonna score at all unless it's on the PP, and even then I'd rather have Kubi and his shoot first mentality out there with Kane.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It may have been covered already, but those lines were fucking stupid last night. Let's put our star rookie from last year in the bottom six on an island, but Shaw in the top six, also on an island. Brilliant.

I get keeping Debrincat with Strome because that's really the only player Strome has had solid chemistry with, but I think Kubalik should be with Kane with either Suter or our second-best center (whoever the hell that is currently -- Wallmark?) You might as well see what you really got in Suter between two of our star players -- why not? And honestly, Suter had a solid game -- two grade-A scoring chance, one being on a breakaway, 4 shots on goal (tied with Kane for most on the team) -- might as well reward him.

De Haan has always looked like shit to me, and last night was no exception. Same with Murphy, totally left Cicerelli wide open on his goal. Keith was also bad obviously, Zadorov was blah. Boqvist was atrocious.

Gonna be a long year to say the least.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah...but who is the right guy for them? Is Janmark the most power forward we got? I agree kinda...

Kubalik-Wallmark?-Kane
Janmark-Strome-Cat
Suter-Soderberg-Shaw
?-Kampf-Carp

I don't really think Highmore is essential to that being a 4th line but I guess somebody has to block some shots out there.

Its brutal.
I want to vomit when I put Cat and Strome with somebody else. Where are you getting your center to keep Carp and Kampf on the 4th?

Thats great but not when there only hope is 36. They are going to have to deploy both Kampf and Carp as centers was my opinion after watching last night. Maybe Wallmark/Strome/Soderberg + Karpf...

Unfortunately...

The best I can do...

Cat-Strome-Kane
Suter-Kampf-Kubalik
Janmark-Soderberg-Wallmark
Shaw-Carp-Highmore/Barrett

Maybe run those euro lines and pray something clicks. Shame to trap Kubalik like that but he scores a variety of ways and might come through in some chaos. Kampf gives solid play, Suter can poach...

The third line is probably juggling with the idea that they hate it here and they hate JC and why did we come here, like most of our third lines the last 4 years.
Cat/Strome/Kane doesn't work. There is no real defensive capability on that line and with how the 'hawks are right now, they will be chasing, as opposed to possessing, the puck. We saw a ton of that last night and against Vegas. As @HSBOB mentioned as well--throw Shaw out there with Strome and Debrincat--he'll keep pucks alive and do the dirty work. Maybe even a header goal if we're nice to him ;). Still, that can allow Strome and Debrincat to maybe focus more on the offensive part of their games.

Koob, Being more Mini-Hossa than Saad was in his latest go-around, should compliment Kane's game nicely and finish what Kane sets up.

Right now though that Highmore/Kampf/Carpenter line works. It has chemistry. It may be nothing more than a 4th line but it's the most we got anywhere on the ice right now. Don't break it up--give them more time if they play well but sometimes chemistry counts for a lot. I'm not sure if you followed the 'hawks back when, but we had a 3rd line to envy: Ladd/Bolland/Havlat. They were a 3rd line that performed like a 1C. Sure, we could have split that line apart but Q, being the savvy coach that he was, kept them together and gave them more icetime. no reason we can't do the same for our currewnt 4th line.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Cat/Strome/Kane doesn't work. There is no real defensive capability on that line and with how the 'hawks are right now, they will be chasing, as opposed to possessing, the puck. We saw a ton of that last night and against Vegas. As @HSBOB mentioned as well--throw Shaw out there with Strome and Debrincat--he'll keep pucks alive and do the dirty work. Maybe even a header goal if we're nice to him ;). Still, that can allow Strome and Debrincat to maybe focus more on the offensive part of their games.

Koob, Being more Mini-Hossa than Saad was in his latest go-around, should compliment Kane's game nicely and finish what Kane sets up.

Right now though that Highmore/Kampf/Carpenter line works. It has chemistry. It may be nothing more than a 4th line but it's the most we got anywhere on the ice right now. Don't break it up--give them more time if they play well but sometimes chemistry counts for a lot. I'm not sure if you followed the 'hawks back when, but we had a 3rd line to envy: Ladd/Bolland/Havlat. They were a 3rd line that performed like a 1C. Sure, we could have split that line apart but Q, being the savvy coach that he was, kept them together and gave them more icetime. no reason we can't do the same for our currewnt 4th line.
Hell, Kruger/Frolik/ Bolland was better then some teams first lines back in 13.

Now we have three fourth lines.

#karma

KBIB

Liked Posts:
It may have been covered already, but those lines were fucking stupid last night. Let's put our star rookie from last year in the bottom six on an island, but Shaw in the top six, also on an island. Brilliant.

I get keeping Debrincat with Strome because that's really the only player Strome has had solid chemistry with, but I think Kubalik should be with Kane with either Suter or our second-best center (whoever the hell that is currently -- Wallmark?) You might as well see what you really got in Suter between two of our star players -- why not? And honestly, Suter had a solid game -- two grade-A scoring chance, one being on a breakaway, 4 shots on goal (tied with Kane for most on the team) -- might as well reward him.

De Haan has always looked like shit to me, and last night was no exception. Same with Murphy, totally left Cicerelli wide open on his goal. Keith was also bad obviously, Zadorov was blah. Boqvist was atrocious.

Gonna be a long year to say the least.
Suter was pretty damn solid. Didn't think he was that quick and he's a good enough skater.

I don't comprehend putting all the offense on one line. If they're stopped, then really, with this team of AHL rabble what do you really have?

I'll give Zads a pass for now, I don't think they told him it's his responsibility to babysit Boqvist. In the second period he shyed away from a big hit because Boqvist was MIA. Wtf did you bring him here if he can't play his game?

Nobody here thought this team was serious, but I don't think anybody thought they would look that bad, either. I was expecting a little bit more.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cat Strome Kane line does not work at all. I’d rather see like others said Kubalik and Kaner with Suter at Center to see what they can do.

I will say if I see those goofs dump the puck in the O zone and pull up at the dots without forechecking I’m gonna lose my mind. I have a mite kid who loves to dump the puck in the O zone and try to take on the other team by himself.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cat Strome Kane line does not work at all. I’d rather see like others said Kubalik and Kaner with Suter at Center to see what they can do.

I will say if I see those goofs dump the puck in the O zone and pull up at the dots without forechecking I’m gonna lose my mind. I have a mite kid who loves to dump the puck in the O zone and try to take on the other team by himself.

Maybe a future Shaw.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok but I was the guy who said 18 months ago the cat-strome-kane line is busted

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe a future Shaw.
I have a funny story about him:mind you he is 8. This was a game about a month ago, and he was flying all over the ice. He dumped the puck in forecheck hard took on 3 guys in the corner came out with the puck, and did a sweet backhand to his teammate right above the crease for a goal. They score he looks at the 3 kids he beat and goes “not today motherfuckers” mind you it was loud enough that me and his brother heard him in the stands. He looked up at me grinning from ear to ear. I just gave him the old thumbs up.

He had another funny moment with this one kid who kept slashing him hard along the boards. Kid did it again, and my son comes off the ice and says “that fucker is gonna get it next week”. Sure as shit loose puck they both head for it and my son sticks out his stick to make contact with the puck, and than just barrels into the kid flattening him. Penalty gets called on the other kid. All I hear is my son laughing his off.

I will say as aggressive as he plays still has not got a penalty called yet.