GDT - Chicago Blackhawks at Tampa Bay Lightning - 7:00 cst 1/13/21

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Going to be a long season. I’m not sure we win 10 games with this team.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At least they didn't get shutout...lol

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I saw absolutely nothing to be optimistic about in that game....how bad does a team have to be to make Patrick Kane look invisible? Third and Fourth line forwards, 5/6/7 dmen, and beer league goalies across the board.
To he fair...thr 4th line was the best line out there

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
About what I expected....kind of like the Bears. They'll win a few against lesser opponents but will get steam rolled by the good teams. Somebody mentioned JC.....with a team with so little talent, it really makes very little difference who is coaching. They just gave him a two year extension. I'm hoping they figure that's the timeline. JC to be the Hawks version of Rick Renteria....coach them thru the tank and bring in a real coach when they've built a contending team. Hopefully in two years or so.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I think its gonna have to be something like this just to breathe and put some games behind us without embarrassment.

Cat-Carp-Kane
Suter/Pirri/Barret-Strome-Kubalik
Janmark-Wallmark-Shaw
Barrett/Highmore/?-Soderberg-Kampf

Keith-Mitchell
Zadorov-Dehaan/Boqvist
Seabs-Murphy

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
My takeaways:

1. Woof
2. Keith’s hair looks good
3. #27 was a poor selection with our draft slot
4. I’ve been saying for 3 years now that the team won’t compete until 2022-2023 at the soonest, so my interest level is beginning to dip. Still totally worth it for the glorious run we previously had.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to be a long season. I’m not sure we win 10 games with this team.

but they will count for 14 in the record books! Kanes goals will be statistically more potent to prevent records being broke.

Thank God Detroit is in our Division. I don't think with Kane and playing Detroit 18% of our games we will be remembered forever.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if Toews retired and they were like..."why don't you take some time to reflect" and now he is like...

"all the fans think I have AIDS."

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Mitchell and thats it. Told myself i would not rush to judgment on 27 that is gonna be difficult.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kampf taking the opening faceoff on opening day was a fucking disgrace....then he played a solid game.

Boqvist isn't an NHL defenseman right now. I'm sorry if anybody is a fan of this kid, he's looking like a bust from a draft that featured some great defenseman to chose from we chose the guy who's trash. Very Stan Bowman. Hes way over his head and honestly shipping him back to Rockford would probably do more for his development then watching him skate round trying to do everything.

Carlsson came up last year and played with calm and poise. Why isn't this kid playing if we're playing kids?

Mitchell's first game so he gets a pass. Looked like shit most of the game.

Over reliance on the Kane line.

And Subban needs to get cut after that

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the dumpster fire has been lit. Burn baby burn.

I know the team isn't going anywhere, but JC's man to man system just isn't working. And the "push 'em back" PP entries are just as useless with this team. The whole team just seems lost out there at times. Has Stan issued a no-contact decree? It's been 5 years of guys pulling up on checks and avoiding contact, even in front of their own net.
WAKE UP STAN!!!!

Sorry, rant over.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kampf taking the opening faceoff on opening day was a fucking disgrace....then he played a solid game.

Boqvist isn't an NHL defenseman right now. I'm sorry if anybody is a fan of this kid, he's looking like a bust from a draft that featured some great defenseman to chose from we chose the guy who's trash. Very Stan Bowman. Hes way over his head and honestly shipping him back to Rockford would probably do more for his development then watching him skate round trying to do everything.

Carlsson came up last year and played with calm and poise. Why isn't this kid playing if we're playing kids?

Mitchell's first game so he gets a pass. Looked like shit most of the game.

Over reliance on the Kane line.

And Subban needs to get cut after that

See, I think Boqvist could help the 2015-2017 Hawks. They weren't on their heals then but needed an offensive defenseman(not Gus).

Right now they need defensive defenseman and he isn't that, so his talents are lost. They don't even let him do what he does, he could run circles around Highmore at his job if you asked him to.

His style of play needs to be Hughes in Vancouver. Running point, carrying the zone, attacking the net and throwing pucks at the upper V. The kid can do things and I just think JC and the Hawks "analystics" are a fucking mess right now.

We don't know what the fuck we are doing from GM to team tactics. Its a mess. We are lost as fuck and think we are smart.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boqvist is easily the 4th most talented offensive player on this entire fucking team, and all they do is try to coach up his defense and tell him to get back.

Its a bad joke.
I'm more worried about Beudin.
And I'm even more worried Joker turns out the best of the 4.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
So I think its gonna have to be something like this just to breathe and put some games behind us without embarrassment.

Cat-Carp-Kane
Suter/Pirri/Barret-Strome-Kubalik
Janmark-Wallmark-Shaw
Barrett/Highmore/?-Soderberg-Kampf

Keith-Mitchell
Zadorov-Dehaan/Boqvist
Seabs-Murphy
Sadly that looks like an AHL lineup. :(

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sadly that looks like an AHL lineup. :(
No matter how much you shuffle the roster around...it's an AHL lineup.

Personally, I think you gotta stick with what is working and try some stuff that makes logical sense at this point as opposed to trying to spread the misery:

1: Don't break up the 4th line. They work. It may be nothing more than an NHL-level 4th line, but it's NHL level.
2: Get Kane and Koob together. Kane is the best setup man we got. Koob is the 2nd best finisher we got (behind Kane). Might as well get those two clicking and let Strom/Debrincat sink or swim with someone else on the line that can do the dirty work--Shaw comes to mind. It might not help the team overall but might be best for progression.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No matter how much you shuffle the roster around...it's an AHL lineup.

Personally, I think you gotta stick with what is working and try some stuff that makes logical sense at this point as opposed to trying to spread the misery:

1: Don't break up the 4th line. They work. It may be nothing more than an NHL-level 4th line, but it's NHL level.
2: Get Kane and Koob together. Kane is the best setup man we got. Koob is the 2nd best finisher we got (behind Kane). Might as well get those two clicking and let Strom/Debrincat sink or swim with someone else on the line that can do the dirty work--Shaw comes to mind. It might not help the team overall but might be best for progression.

Yeah...but who is the right guy for them? Is Janmark the most power forward we got? I agree kinda...

Kubalik-Wallmark?-Kane
Janmark-Strome-Cat
Suter-Soderberg-Shaw
?-Kampf-Carp

I don't really think Highmore is essential to that being a 4th line but I guess somebody has to block some shots out there.

Its brutal.
I want to vomit when I put Cat and Strome with somebody else. Where are you getting your center to keep Carp and Kampf on the 4th?

Thats great but not when there only hope is 36. They are going to have to deploy both Kampf and Carp as centers was my opinion after watching last night. Maybe Wallmark/Strome/Soderberg + Karpf...

Unfortunately...

The best I can do...

Cat-Strome-Kane
Suter-Kampf-Kubalik
Janmark-Soderberg-Wallmark
Shaw-Carp-Highmore/Barrett

Maybe run those euro lines and pray something clicks. Shame to trap Kubalik like that but he scores a variety of ways and might come through in some chaos. Kampf gives solid play, Suter can poach...

The third line is probably juggling with the idea that they hate it here and they hate JC and why did we come here, like most of our third lines the last 4 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably ask Barrett to do what Kampf is doing and then move either Carp or Kampf up to have some line integrity.

I'd love to give them Shaw and be done with the fourth, but that isn't the way I see the current situation. I think we need them up the middle on 2 lines just to breathe.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the only goal the Hawks get was absolutely an accident....zero intent to that goal.
I though Shawzie worked hard to keep the puck alive before it bounced off everybody.