Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PREVIEW: Blackhawks vs. Blue Jackets - Feb. 13, 2021

cut.png

TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp
The Blackhawks look to earn a two-game split on Saturday night at the United Center as they meet the Columbus Blue Jackets for the fourth time on the season at home.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI
: 6-5-4, 16 PTS
CBJ: 7-5-3, 17 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago dropped a back-and-forth game on Thursday night to the Blue Jackets, 6-5. Ian Mitchell, Nicolas Beaudin, Pius Suter, Patrick Kane and Alex DeBrincat all scored, but the home side saw two- and one-goal leads evaporate in the final frame as Columbus completed the comback victory with a game-tying and game-winning goal in the final three minutes of play. Cam Atkinson led the way for the visitors with a goal and three assists on the night.

SERIES SPLIT
Thursday's loss snapped a season-high three-game win streak for Chicago and was the first regulation loss since the opening game of the previous series against Columbus on Jan. 29 (2-1). The Blackhawks rallied for a 3-1 win two nights later in the first set against the Blue Jackets and will go for the split again on Saturday.
In 12 games dating back to Jan. 22, Chicago's only two regulation losses have come at the hands Columbus (6-2-4)

YOUNG GUNS
Thursday evening marked the first time in franchise history that two rookie defensemen, Ian Mitchell and Nicolas Beaudin, each tallied their first NHL goals in the same game. It was the first time since Feb. 14, 1989 that two or more Blackhawks rookies scored their first career NHL goals in the same game, with Jeremy Roenick and Mario Doyon scoring against Minnesota.
With Pius Suter's second-period tally, Chicago had three rookies score in the same for the first time since Feb. 15, 2020 when Alex Nylander, Kirby Dach and Dominik Kubalik all scored in Calgary.

CAT'S ATTACK
Alex DeBrincat recorded his sixth multi-point game in 11 outings this year with a season-high three points (1G, 2A) on Thursday night. His 1.36 points-per game share 12th in the league and he has a point in six of his last seven games played (5G, 7A).
DeBrincat has three goals and five assists in seven career games against Columbus.

SHOWTIME AND TIME AGAIN
Patrick Kane notched a goal and two helpers on Thursday, his 90th career game with three or more points. He passed former Blackhawk forward Jeremy Roenick (89) for the fourth-most three-plus point outings in NHL history among U.S.-born players.
This season, he is fifth in the NHL with 20 points and shares fourth with 13 helpers. The Buffalo, New York native is four goals away from becoming the fourth Blackhawks player in franchise history to record 400 tallies with the club.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks Tater
Interesting year as Hawk fan,I sill like the wins but the losses don't bother me because I know we need em.
Ideally the team is competitive all year,the kids continue to develop AND the team has a shot at a good pick when it's all said and done.
As I said,I like the good feels of the wins too and I need those good feels right now for reasons I won't go into but I think most would agree that the team's not a cup contender this year. That being said,is the temporary euphoria of a decent start worth the long lasting euphoria of a top three or top five pick?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks Tater
Interesting year as Hawk fan,I sill like the wins but the losses don't bother me because I know we need em.
Ideally the team is competitive all year,the kids continue to develop AND the team has a shot at a good pick when it's all said and done.
As I said,I like the good feels of the wins too and I need those good feels right now for reasons I won't go into but I think most would agree that the team's not a cup contender this year. That being said,is the temporary euphoria of a decent start worth the long lasting euphoria of a top three or top five pick?

If it was a regular schedule, I believe a top 5 pick wouldn't be out of the question. But being in this weak division and playing nobody but the teams in the Discover, they will look better than they actually are. That's why they amazingly have a shot at the playoffs. Not exactly a strong recipe for a rebuild.....but it is what it is. To their credit, they are still shuffling the kids up & down and getting looks at quite a few of them so far.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hagel made Laine kneel

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh shit boys looks like Beudin liked scoring and had to have another!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Soder

Kurashev with a hard nose play

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That Strome line needs to figure it out

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Like to see 23-34-8

Feel like Kubalik with Strome is a negative

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hagel is quickly becoming my favorite Blackhawk. Guy is just all over the ice. Even though he hasn't potted one yet, the guy has created a ton of offensive chances. If he can keep it up, he can be an awesome third liner on a deep team.