Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cut.png

PREVIEW: Blackhawks vs. Hurricanes - Feb. 2, 2021

TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp
The Blackhawks and the Carolina Hurricanes meet for the first time on the season Tuesday night, opening up a two-game set at the United Center.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI
: 3-4-3, 9 PTS
CAR: 5-1-0, 10 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago earned a 3-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday night at the United Center with goals from Philipp Kurashev, Pius Suter and Patrick Kane. Kevin Lankinen stopped 32 shots in the victory, his third of the season after starting six of the last seven Blackhawks games.
Carolina took a shootout victory on Sunday over the Dallas Stars, 4-3. Jordan Stall, Brock McGinn and Nino Niederreiter scored on the night and James Reimer earned his third win of the year. It was the fourth straight win for the Hurricanes overall, who have just one loss on the year.
The Hurricanes took both meetings of the 2019-20 season between the two teams, a 4-0 win on Oct. 26, 2019 in Carolina and and a 4-2 decision on Nov. 19 at the United Center. Patrick Kane led all Blackhawks with two assists in the series and Connor Murphy scored a goal.

TOP ROOKS
Pius Suter's fourth goal of the season on Sunday put him into sole possession of the rookie goal lead, while Philipp Kurashev's third has him in a three-way tie for second place in first-year tallies. Kurashev also added an assist on Sunday, marking his first multi-point NHL outing.

LIGHTS OUT LANKINEN
For the fifth consecutive start, Kevin Lankinen allowed two goals or fewer on Sunday night with a single tally against. His .937 save percentage leads the league and his 1.97 goals-against average is second among goalies who have made at least five appearances.

DEBUT HITS
Reese Johnson made his NHL debut on Sunday night and logged a game-high seven hits. That total is the most by a Blackhawk in their first NHL game in franchise history (hit data dates back to the 2005-06 season). The last player to notch seven hits in their league debut was Sam Morin (PHI) on April 4, 2017.

GOALS TO GO
With a marker on Sunday night, Patrick Kane is now seven goals away from 400 career tallies. Kane can become the 10th active NHL player, 10th U.S.-born player and the 100th NHLer all-time to hit the 400-goal mark. He can also become the fourth Blackhawks player in franchise history to record 400 goals with the club.
With 1,032 career points, Kane is now one shy of Doug Weight (1,033) for sixth place on the NHL's all-time list among U.S.-born players.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cat and Beaudin are off the Covid list. May have them back for tonight

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Canes have allowed 10 goals in their first 6 games,they play a solid defensive style and have gotten good goaltending from both Mrazek 2-1-0 .99 GAA/.955SV% 2 SO's and Reimer 3-0-0 1.99/.918 .......Mrazek got hurt Saturday night so it'll be Reimer tonight.
D-Cat and Beaudin both cleared to resume all team activities.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just find a way to get a point.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Big series. A little test to see how legit the improvement has been. Go Hawks!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big series. A little test to see how legit the improvement has been. Go Hawks!

Yep, this will be a good test. Canes are damn good

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Cats and Beabaibinigf back for next game. Neither tested positive

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Should be a very good test versus the Canes, this will certainly show us where the Hawks are in comparisons to the stronger teams in the new formatted divisions.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Canes have allowed 10 goals in their first 6 games,they play a solid defensive style and have gotten good goaltending from both Mrazek 2-1-0 .99 GAA/.955SV% 2 SO's and Reimer 3-0-0 1.99/.918 .......Mrazek got hurt Saturday night so it'll be Reimer tonight.
D-Cat and Beaudin both cleared to resume all team activities.
Definitely a good test for the young Hawks. I am certainly not expecting a W, but at the same time hopefully the Hawks can play a full 60mins of competitive hockey,

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lank didn't play in the Florida games and I hope he and the D can handle a better team than what they've faced with him in the net. This could be good test to see what Lank can do. If he can keep the hot streak up, great! If not, I hope they don't give up on him too quickly.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Great to see a goalie finally stepping up in Lankinen for the starting spot, hope he's the real deal.
With the caliber of defense he has in front of him, I think he is doing just fine, all considering.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was just saying to my wife how I’m not a fan of Strome with Cat and Kaner would rather see Kurashev and than that line pots one.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I was just saying to my wife how I’m not a fan of Strome with Cat and Kaner would rather see Kurashev and than that line pots one.
Yeah they looked great together,
I agree.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dach Kurashev Kaner is going to be one hell of a line once we get Dach back. I can’t wait to watch them together

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Strome taking face offs in the d-zone

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21